Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

LesterOfPuppets 04-03-20 07:13 PM

I got a box of bicycle geegaws in the mail today.

First install was a six-bolt 20T fixie cog! Can't wait to ride dirt canal paths with this baby. Now someone needs to make some hyperglide splined 160mm rotors :)

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a3a85d5c0f.jpg

Velo Vol 04-03-20 07:23 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21399538)
Those credit card fees pay my salary, so uh, swipe!

No.

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21399546)
Microwave popcorn sucks.

You're old school?


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b6c84cb822.jpg

indyfabz 04-03-20 07:24 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21399406)
If she gets me killed Iíll never forgive her.

Neither will we.

LAJ 04-03-20 07:25 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21399547)
Any experience with the GP5000 in 32mm on 23mm outside width rims?

My 28mm Gravelking slicks are starting to square off, and I'm looking to maybe go a bit bigger to 30-32mm.

The suppler the better, but I don't really want to drop Rene Herse EL cash on these.

That seems to be a large tire for a fairly skinny rim. How do the 28's look on it? Will it be able to handle 2 more mm on each side?

LAJ 04-03-20 07:26 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21399553)
I got a box of bicycle geegaws in the mail today.

First install was a six-bolt 20T fixie cog! Can't wait to ride dirt canal paths with this baby. Now someone needs to make some hyperglide splined 160mm rotors :)

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a3a85d5c0f.jpg

Do those tyres match that paint on that Raleigh?

LesterOfPuppets 04-03-20 07:27 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21399564)

No, I pour kernels into a copper-bottomed pot with olive oil and a pinch of seasoned salt, then shake it on the stovetop.

LesterOfPuppets 04-03-20 07:27 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21399571)
Do those tyres match that paint on that Raleigh?

Pretty close.

Velo Vol 04-03-20 07:39 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21399549)
Had a slight scare this evening in the form of a mild asthma attack, my first in decades. It followed a very hard interval workout in allergy season, which was typical for my old pattern, but it wasn't the first thing I thought of when I started having a little trouble breathing. :eek:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d5284453e5.jpg

ls01 04-03-20 07:59 PM

My internet is down. Half the state with my provider is on the fritz.

abshipp 04-03-20 08:23 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21399570)
That seems to be a large tire for a fairly skinny rim. How do the 28's look on it? Will it be able to handle 2 more mm on each side?

I would think so. Kind of hard to get a good picture, but here you go. Measuring 28.5mm on my digital calipers.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9a241363fc.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...50a6e7baab.jpg

LAJ 04-03-20 08:56 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21399638)
I would think so. Kind of hard to get a good picture, but here you go. Measuring 28.5mm on my digital calipers.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9a241363fc.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...50a6e7baab.jpg

I agree. I think you'll be fine.

DougRNS 04-03-20 09:22 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...681e0e7ae1.jpg

rjones28 04-03-20 09:34 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21399351)
Does the fact that I mailed a check rather than pay online with an added $3.89 "convenience fee" mean I'm cheap? Or thrifty?

They're going to need to let that check sit on the loading dock for a week.

rjones28 04-03-20 09:37 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21399400)

Do they glow in the dark?

Velo Vol 04-03-20 09:52 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21399718)
They're going to need to let that check sit on the loading dock for a week.

Sadly no loading dock. License renewal.

WhyFi 04-03-20 09:55 PM

Now datlas needs some white-framed sunglasses to go full hipster.

sbxx1985 04-03-20 11:18 PM

Your wife and my wife would get along just fine.


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21399229)
Ours too. Here is mrs datlas setup in the garage. Note the dorm fridge just in front of the Habanero.


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...56e6f9b5a.jpeg


LesterOfPuppets 04-03-20 11:20 PM


Originally Posted by velo vol (Post 21399733)
sadly no loading dock. License renewal.

​​​usac?

sbxx1985 04-03-20 11:25 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21399430)
sbxx1985 you were right about the saddle angle, it needs to go down just a touch, but it was overall fine for an hour and a half.

Nice. Similar shape to the Aliante, which is one of my favorites.

sbxx1985 04-03-20 11:32 PM

Absolutely. When the zombies are coming, who needs the microwave.


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21399564)


datlas 04-04-20 03:53 AM

Early morning awakening seems worse lately. Waiting for some daylight before heading out to ride.

MoAlpha 04-04-20 04:56 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21399857)
Early morning awakening seems worse lately. Waiting for some daylight before heading out to ride.

Anxiety or seasonal with lengthening day? The roads are so empty, Iím going to wait for some warmth.

indyfabz 04-04-20 05:05 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21399874)
The roads are so empty, Iím going to wait for some warmth.

Itís only 49 here, and itís cloudy. No sun until late afternoon. I think Iíll take a ride up to Zombie Land later. Could be interesting.

kissTheApex 04-04-20 05:31 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21399549)
Had a slight scare this evening in the form of a mild asthma attack, my first in decades. It followed a very hard interval workout in allergy season, which was typical for my old pattern, but it wasn't the first thing I thought of when I started having a little trouble breathing. :eek:

:twitchy:


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21399439)
I also explained to her ďJiffy PopĒ popcorn. Explained that was a special treat growing up.

Her reply: why not use microwave?

She was all shook when I told her we did not have them back then.

we keep one or two jiffy pops in the home. Kids love it when we makeíem on the fireplace :). Sadly, the stove is electric :notamused:

MoAlpha 04-04-20 05:47 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21399877)
Itís only 49 here, and itís cloudy. No sun until late afternoon. I think Iíll take a ride up to Zombie Land later. Could be interesting.

Whatís Zombie Land? I am tempted to go somewhere one wouldnít go in normal times too.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.