Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Bah Humbug 04-04-20 05:49 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21399638)
I would think so. Kind of hard to get a good picture, but here you go. Measuring 28.5mm on my digital calipers.

It'll be fine. Remember, people used to use tires like that back before wide modern rims were available.

WhyFi 04-04-20 05:54 AM

Nuh uh. Nope. Not happening. Woke, made my coffee and checked the temp for the morning ride.... 20°. It seems winter crashed on the couch last night and isn't going to stumble out until the afternoon, so I'll wait 'til then or maybe even tomorrow, thankyouverymuch.

Velo Vol 04-04-20 06:29 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21399794)
​​​usac?

Nope.

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21399874)
The roads are so empty, I’m going to wait for some warmth.

Same. It's only 50F out. Plus it's morning.

Velo Vol 04-04-20 06:32 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21399564)

Loved the high tech ones with the butter melter thing on top that would drip on the corn.

abshipp 04-04-20 06:39 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21399547)
Any experience with the GP5000 in 32mm on 23mm outside width rims?

My 28mm Gravelking slicks are starting to square off, and I'm looking to maybe go a bit bigger to 30-32mm.

The suppler the better, but I don't really want to drop Rene Herse EL cash on these.

Wow. Massive proofreading error. I also meant to add in an additional question before the last paragraph.

Must have been distracted by the accordion.

Here's how it should have read:

Any recommendations on a 30-32mm tire besides the GP5000 that's reasonably priced but also quick?

The suppler the better, but I don't really want to drop Rene Herse EL cash on these

rjones28 04-04-20 07:07 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21399439)
I also explained to her “Jiffy Pop” popcorn. Explained that was a special treat growing up.

Her reply: why not use microwave?

She was all shook when I told her we did not have them back then.

No microwave here.

WhyFi 04-04-20 07:11 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21399946)
Wow. Massive proofreading error. I also meant to add in an additional question before the last paragraph.

Must have been distracted by the accordion.

Here's how it should have read:

Any recommendations on a 30-32mm tire besides the GP5000 that's reasonably priced but also quick?

The suppler the better, but I don't really want to drop Rene Herse EL cash on these

The Schwalbe G-One Speed (30mm) is an awesome tire that would be well suited to your needs/desires. The big caveat, though, is that I've only ever run them tubeless and I couldn't tell you how they slot in to the tubed tire hierarchy.

rjones28 04-04-20 07:14 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21399572)
No, I pour kernels into a copper-bottomed pot with olive oil and a pinch of seasoned salt, then shake it on the stovetop.

This is the way.

rjones28 04-04-20 07:18 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21399794)
​​​usac?

Mine's on auto-renew. No check required.

Trsnrtr 04-04-20 07:59 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21399912)
Nuh uh. Nope. Not happening. Woke, made my coffee and checked the temp for the morning ride.... 20°. It seems winter crashed on the couch last night and isn't going to stumble out until the afternoon, so I'll wait 'til then or maybe even tomorrow, thankyouverymuch.

Holy poop! I was fretting over going from 70° yesterday to a high of 52° and intermittent drizzle but after seeing your temps, I feel way better.

indyfabz 04-04-20 08:03 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21399907)
What’s Zombie Land? I am tempted to go somewhere one wouldn’t go in normal times too.

An area in northeast Philadelphia where there is a lot of heroine use. Underneath the El. Where Rocky lived in the first film.

indyfabz 04-04-20 08:06 AM

Holy cow. A bartender at my local, who I have known for more than 14 years, swallowed her permanent retainer. She’s hospitalized. X-rays show it seems to be moving along nicely. Hope she can pass it without surgery. What a time for that to happen.

BillyD 04-04-20 08:08 AM


Originally Posted by berner (Post 21399423)

There are many worthy charities worthy of our donations. I mostly confine my donations to local organizations that are easier to check up on. People like United Way still leave a very bad smell.

Same here. I have always smelled a rat when it comes to United Way. Back in my corporate career my company used to literally force us contribute to United Way.

BillyD 04-04-20 08:16 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21399427)
My wife mentioned Paul Newman at the dinner table. Daughter #2 said “isn’t he that salad dressing guy?”

Sigh. :50:

I clearly remember one night in the early days of American Idol when one of the contestants revealed she didn't know who Stevie Wonder was. The judges were stunned into silence.

BillyD 04-04-20 08:19 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21399494)
All kinds of lessons/wisdom being imparted during stay-at-home time!

Yup, eventually everything comes out and you get to really know your loved ones.

indyfabz 04-04-20 08:21 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21400026)
Same here. I have always smelled a rat when it comes to United Way. Back in my corporate career my company used to literally force us contribute to United Way.

Back in the day we got a lot of pressure to contribute to it one year. There was a lot of backlash and the company backed off.

BillyD 04-04-20 08:21 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21399507)

Pretty cool. Do I need a pretty handkerchief like that one for it to work?

BillyD 04-04-20 08:26 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21399546)
Microwave popcorn sucks.

qft

BillyD 04-04-20 08:29 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21399566)
Neither will we.

Thank you, and please divulge her carelessness to the world. :notamused:

BillyD 04-04-20 08:30 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21399571)
Do those tyres match that paint on that Raleigh?

Seems so, pretty cool, right?

BillyD 04-04-20 08:34 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21399707)

Thank you, kind sir! :thumb:

BillyD 04-04-20 08:41 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21400024)
Holy cow. A bartender at my local, who I have known for more than 14 years, swallowed her permanent retainer. She’s hospitalized. X-rays show it seems to be moving along nicely. Hope she can pass it without surgery. What a time for that to happen.

Hope all turns out well.

By the way, you seem to know a whole lot of womenz. My kinda guy. :thumb:

indyfabz 04-04-20 08:53 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21400083)
Hope all turns out well.

By the way, you seem to know a whole lot of womenz. My kinda guy. :thumb:

She texted me the X-ray. You can clearly see it.

Alas, I am rarely their kinda guy. (My bar tender friend is married with three kids.)

berner 04-04-20 09:00 AM

Do youse people know about Romeo the wolf. An amazing story.

Bah Humbug 04-04-20 09:04 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21399912)
Nuh uh. Nope. Not happening. Woke, made my coffee and checked the temp for the morning ride.... 20°. It seems winter crashed on the couch last night and isn't going to stumble out until the afternoon, so I'll wait 'til then or maybe even tomorrow, thankyouverymuch.

I did a chunk of the Queen K on Rouvy, then went out for a very short brick. Foolishly, I assumed that my thicker gloves would keep the Raynaud's at bay - nope, 45* and raining soaked the gloves with cold water and my fingers were gone halfway through. Guess the chemical heaters are coming back out.

We should have just stayed in Hawai'i.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.