Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

seedsbelize 04-05-20 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21402173)
Yep, take it apart and fix it. The process of redoing it will remind you to be vigilant next time.

Couldn't have said it better

seedsbelize 04-05-20 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ericy (Post 21402226)
For what it is worth, the Delaware State Police have started stopping cars with out of state plates. The rule from the Governor is that if you come here from out of state that you need to quarantine for 14 days, and the point of the stop is to make sure that people know. Unfortunately I still have Virginia plates, but I have no reason to go out, so I guess it doesn't matter. My wife has Delaware tags - if we need to, we can take her car.

Just out of boredom, we started a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle about a week ago. Probably the hardest one I have ever attempted. But I have time to kill and nowhere to go.

And to further fight off boredom, we are making yeast donuts this evening. We mixed the dough earlier - it is raising now. We plan to cook them after dinner. A neighbor gave us an electric fryer that we will use when the time comes.

Around here there are checkpoints outside of every village and town. If you can't show a need to enter, you are turned back. If you are allowed to enter, you get your hands disinfected

rjones28 04-05-20 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21402378)
It felt good to do a climby-climby ride today. Since racing season looks to be kaput, may as get to riding. Super Flag, down the other side to Gross, Sunshine to the dirt, and back home.

:)

indyfabz 04-05-20 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by ericy (Post 21402226)
For what it is worth, the Delaware State Police have started stopping cars with out of state plates. The rule from the Governor is that if you come here from out of state that you need to quarantine for 14 days, and the point of the stop is to make sure that people know. Unfortunately I still have Virginia plates, but I have no reason to go out, so I guess it doesn't matter. My wife has Delaware tags - if we need to, we can take her car.

PA residents looking for booze and tax-free shopping.

seedsbelize 04-05-20 05:08 PM

Well boys and girls, that truing stand might look a little rough but it sure works good(well?)! I've never had anything other than an old frame. Makes an already enjoyable experience that much moreso. And fast? Wow!

indyfabz 04-05-20 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21402081)
Flagrant disregard of a valuable commodity. Reported. :mad:

I was bummed. Bought them years ago and forgot about them until last week. Still have one left.

seedsbelize 04-05-20 05:11 PM

And now I must go dig up some small trees and transplant them. Full moon coming (and Spring) and all.

Trsnrtr 04-05-20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21402374)
The outdoor areas were jammed, and if they were fenced off, they parked on the road. Boulder.... I shake my head.

I saw a pic today on Strava of several families hanging out in a field playing baseball and such. I counted 29 people in the pic. I dared the guy to put it on FB but he’s a very nice non-confrontational individual. I’d have done it in a heartbeat.

Also, I saw 7 adults in a small backyard chatting away.

abshipp 04-05-20 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21402336)
I got nothing. Well, other than "they're weird."

Speaking of group rides, I only saw one today - four people. Everyone else was either solo or a couple (I assume). I did have one dude blow a snot rocket in front of me - he was about 30' up the way, but even before the current events, I would have been more courteous than that. :notamused:

I saw one group who I assumed was a family. Older couple kitted out on a tandem, and two younger people in casual clothes on hybrids. I assume they were together since they were relatively close and all heading the same direction on the same road. A single rider followed by about 100', not sure if they were a part of the group.

I certainly check my surroundings a bit more lately before launching a rocket. I've never really liked doing it anyways, but you've got to do what you've got to do sometimes.

Trsnrtr 04-05-20 05:42 PM

I’ve given up on my local trail. A lot of clueless groups clogging it up and not paying attention to any sort of CV rules. Wide open country from now on.

berner 04-05-20 05:47 PM

After a few weeks layoff. it was such a nice day I went on a ride, on my bike. Not many miles and I can see it will be painful building up mileage. Although Rhode Island is doing alright with respect to the number of infections, the state is tightening up it's response. Colt State Park was closed as well as the town sport complex and for nice weather on a Sunday, very few bikes out.

ls01 04-05-20 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21401947)
This is mrs datlas ready for Wegmans.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d4d1e7b9f.jpeg

Does she look Asian??

only around the mask

ls01 04-05-20 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21401982)
By the way, , we missed celebrating the thread's 10th birthday - Feb 2.
:bday: :beer:

celebrating?

Ok

ls01 04-05-20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21402021)
Guys, I keep mixing the order, is the below correct order to adjust spacers?

- remove top cap,
- loosen compression plug
- loosen stem
- swap spacers
- re do compression plug
- tighten stem and
- tighten the top cap

right?

no! Cut the blue wire!

ls01 04-05-20 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21402147)
Drat. Somehow the Hananero’s shifters are not quite identical in profile. When I redid the cables etc I set the level at the back part of the shifters. It’s level there and level where the hoods touch the top part of the bar. But the meaty part of the hoods (where you rest your hands often while riding) is NOT level and off by about 6-7mm. It only bothers me a little, but I don’t think I can adjust one of the hoods unless I unwrap the top half of the bar tape. Don’t wanna!

Suggestions?

yeah, cheat. Move the high one down and the low one up. Should still be close enough that rolling the bars a bit will compensate. This way you don't ruin the bar tape.

kissTheApex 04-05-20 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21402478)
no! Cut the blue wire!

but, but, I won’t be able to shift :twitchy:

MoAlpha 04-05-20 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21402437)
I’ve given up on my local trail. A lot of clueless groups clogging it up and not paying attention to any sort of CV rules. Wide open country from now on.

The side paths I saw from the road today were crowded. Mask use was definitely appropriate there.

ls01 04-05-20 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21402315)
I've got a lot of local roasters to support, but I had to check... this is one hell of an image. :D

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...19f833a566.jpg

what's he doing with his other hand?🤯😱

ls01 04-05-20 06:37 PM

Got the car uncovered and washed. Took it out to pick up bbq ribs. Fun.
Did front brakes on the Avalanche. Had to replace both rotors and the passngers side caliper. New pads. And all the clips. So naturally the drivers side bleader was reluctant to break loose.... Just fighting me at every turn. But I prevailed. Drives like a different vehicle now.
I even had the firebird outside for a while. I should really finish building that car. Long day.

abshipp 04-05-20 06:41 PM

Who would like to see a really lovely picture of my calico kitty?

LAJ 04-05-20 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21402490)

Stuff

Velo Vol 04-05-20 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21402508)
Who would like to see a really lovely picture of my calico kitty?

Pass.

Velo Vol 04-05-20 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by berner (Post 21402442)
After a few weeks layoff. it was such a nice day I went on a ride, on my bike. Not many miles and I can see it will be painful building up mileage. Although Rhode Island is doing alright with respect to the number of infections, the state is tightening up it's response. Colt State Park was closed as well as the town sport complex and for nice weather on a Sunday, very few bikes out.

How fast can you ride across Rhode Island?

MoAlpha 04-05-20 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21402490)

Pocket billiards, as it were. Give a monk a break, why dontcha?

LAJ 04-05-20 06:51 PM