Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

rjones28 07-17-20 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21592104)
I basked in his heavenly glow during the 2012 edition of Cycle Oregon.

Monsieur King?

bampilot06 07-17-20 06:12 PM

I’m at 376 miles for the month, my goal was 500. I only have the next three days to reach it if I can’t get any miles in tonight. I leave again for a 5 day trip monday, and leave for the OBX right when I get home. We’re staying there for a couple of days, and then I go on another trip until the end of the month. I’m thinking about bringing my bike, but I am worried about putting my bike on the bike rack.

rjones28 07-17-20 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by SwtBadger (Post 21592165)
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
pumpkin pie >tomato pie > apple pie

probably

You alls pie selection is much too limited

Cherry Pie>>Peach Pie>Pecan Pie>Pumpkin Pie>Tomato Pie >Apple Pie

I picked up a couple of professionally-made mini pies on the way home tonight. One cherry and one apple.

big john 07-17-20 06:14 PM

Went to the LBS this morning for the first time since covid. I've known the guy for almost 35 years buy I haven't wanted to drive down there. Today I dropped of some wheels and my old mtb for him to try and sell for me. After I got home I saw cords showing through on the rear tire of my main bike and I was planning a ride in the mountains tomorrow. Guess I'll take the back-up bike. Nope, cords on that one and some bad cuts, too. Frack, too late to drive back to the store. Guess I'll take it easy on the descents.

Bah Humbug 07-17-20 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21593126)
Went to the LBS this morning for the first time since covid. I've known the guy for almost 35 years buy I haven't wanted to drive down there. Today I dropped of some wheels and my old mtb for him to try and sell for me. After I got home I saw cords showing through on the rear tire of my main bike and I was planning a ride in the mountains tomorrow. Guess I'll take the back-up bike. Nope, cords on that one and some bad cuts, too. Frack, too late to drive back to the store. Guess I'll take it easy on the descents.

I'm not sure I've ever gotten a tire more than halfway to the TWI depth before binning it. That's just so alien to me.

rjones28 07-17-20 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21592194)
IKR

Blueberry Pie > apple pie > sweet potato pie > cherry pie > peach pie > pizza pie

One of these things is not like the other.
One of these things doesn't belong....

big john 07-17-20 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21592730)
Good heavens.

There was another local charity ride that featured great food, too, until it changed and went defunct. In it's heyday there was a woman who did a lot of baking for the event. They said she spent 40 hours baking cookies, home made breads, and other treats. She donated her talents for the cause. It was a shame when that ride ended.

rjones28 07-17-20 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21592261)
Speaking of which, rjones28 how's the apple harvest this year?

Too soon.

rjones28 07-17-20 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21592268)

It's gonna be a hot weekend. What else is there to say?

big john 07-17-20 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21593130)
I'm not sure I've ever gotten a tire more than halfway to the TWI depth before binning it. That's just so alien to me.

Many times the rear tire gets a lot of cuts before it gets worn to the cords. Back up bike got the hand me downs from the main bike the last time I put new tires on it. It's the first time I've used 25s on a road bike, had been on 23s for decades. I thought the rear was wearing pretty well and wasn't prepared for it to be so thin.

When I toured I got about 1000 miles from a rear tire. The first one to go showed cords in a big patch and got worse for a couple days until I could get one. It got to the point that the shape of the tire was distorted in an "s" shape as it lost cords. Didn't flat, though

rjones28 07-17-20 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21593126)

Good luck.

rjones28 07-17-20 06:41 PM

A set of these were waiting for me at the bike shop today. They'll go on the fat bike.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...306f625e07.jpg

WhyFi 07-17-20 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21593092)
Well and this is why I miss racing; that was the ultimate determinant of what I could do, and what I needed to do. Or even a damn group or charity ride.

Absolutely, but it's still interesting to me to see where I'm strong, where I'm weak, and then decide whether there's a choice between working on weaknesses or embracing the strengths. Oh, and I found the global settings - after changing/applying, it now says that I'm a sprinter. :roflmao2:I think that's being generous, but it's closer than "all-arounder."

Bah Humbug 07-17-20 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21593173)
Absolutely, but it's still interesting to me to see where I'm strong, where I'm weak, and then decide whether there's a choice between working on weaknesses or embracing the strengths. Oh, and I found the global settings - after changing/applying, it now says that I'm a sprinter. :roflmao2:I think that's being generous, but it's closer than "all-arounder."

Oh yes, I'm just saying why the lack of the true test is frustrating. We're all stuck doing fake tests. Except for MoAlpha who has a TT, which I wish we did. And he probably doesn't even regard that as a relevant test for his purposes.

big john 07-17-20 06:52 PM

Think I'll go dig around and look for a better tire. Maybe someone will offer a nice mtb ride.

Velo Vol 07-17-20 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21593134)
One of these things is not like the other.
One of these things doesn't belong....

Cherry or apple

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21593137)
Too soon.

Quasi-autumn is here

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21593138)
It's gonna be a hot weekend. What else is there to say?

You're not in the hot zone.

Velo Vol 07-17-20 06:57 PM

I worked up a healthy sweat on the evening walk. #StayingActive

Velo Vol 07-17-20 07:01 PM

Chica rode right by my office today. Not while I was there though. Alas.

bampilot06 07-17-20 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21593173)

is this on strava?

rjones28 07-17-20 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21593186)
Cherry or apple

I just had a mini cherry pie for dessert. An apple pie remains. I'll have that with breakfast.

Quasi-autumn is here
Uh huh.

You're not in the hot zone.
High temps over 90 degrees all weekend.

Velo Vol 07-17-20 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21593207)
High temps over 90 degrees all weekend.

See map in post #13914

Areas that are hot are red.

WhyFi 07-17-20 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21593202)
is this on strava?

It's on another site that you have to authorize to pull data from Strava - https://intervals.icu/

Velo Vol 07-17-20 07:28 PM

What's the icu domain suffix?

LAJ 07-17-20 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21593135)
There was another local charity ride that featured great food, too, until it changed and went defunct. In it's heyday there was a woman who did a lot of baking for the event. They said she spent 40 hours baking cookies, home made breads, and other treats. She donated her talents for the cause. It was a shame when that ride ended.

No surprise.

Everyone that did the ride got the sugars, and couldn't ride anymore.

DougRNS 07-17-20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21592369)
Definitely not, I got a weird thing against the rhubarb, can’t explain why.

It sucks?