Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Forum Suggestions & User Assistance (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Moderators (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1253048)

buddiiee 06-06-22 03:30 PM

Moderators

How do you find a moderator in this place?

Hondo Gravel 06-06-22 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by buddiiee (Post 22532841)

Go to Krogers.

DiabloScott 06-06-22 03:34 PM

In communist Bike Forums... moderator find YOU.

Siu Blue Wind 06-06-22 03:34 PM

What did you need?

Siu Blue Wind 06-06-22 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by DiabloScott (Post 22532846)
In communist Bike Forums... moderator find YOU.

DiabloScott Really?

buddiiee 06-06-22 03:49 PM

Wow, I thought this type of kid **** only existed in the Subaru and firearms forums. Did not think older road bikers spoke like this. Just curious, you guys bored? Do you not have jobs and kids/houses? I'm guessing the average age of guy that rides road has dropped significantly since I was last in lol.

chewybrian 06-06-22 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind (Post 22532852)
DiabloScott Really?

Hondo Gravel 06-06-22 03:54 PM

No Subaru Jokes.

If you drive a Subaru in reverse, what are you?

U r a bus

The wife and I were at the car dealership the other day...

I told the salesman that we were looking for a Subaru Outback then he hit me with a

*"What's wrong with the ones Outfront?"*

I-Like-To-Bike 06-06-22 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by buddiiee (Post 22532858)
Wow, I thought this type of kid **** only existed in the Subaru and firearms forums. Did not think older road bikers spoke like this. Just curious, you guys bored? Do you not have jobs and kids/houses? I'm guessing the average age of guy that rides road has dropped significantly since I was last in lol.

What makes you think this list is, or should be, for the exclusive use of exalted "older road bikers" who fit your preferred profile?

FBOATSB 06-06-22 04:47 PM

You posted your question in the subforum that is called:

"Foo" "Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject."

Which is sorta what you got.
To contact a Moderator, post your question here: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sug...er-assistance/

buddiiee 06-06-22 04:57 PM

What does 'light hearted' 'off topic' and 'general chit-chat' have to do with silly worthless answers? Lol. Those two are not the same lol. Sorry. But thank you for your answer.

Hondo Gravel 06-06-22 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by buddiiee (Post 22532932)
What does 'light hearted' 'off topic' and 'general chit-chat' have to do with silly worthless answers? Lol. Those two are not the same lol. Sorry. But thank you for your answer.

Chuck M 06-06-22 05:31 PM

Post something against the rules and a moderator will PM you.

Darth Lefty 06-06-22 07:03 PM

When you make a post to Foo, Anubis, the god of dogs who chase cyclists, weighs your heart. If he finds it is not light as a feather he reports you to the moderation team.

Juan Foote 06-07-22 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by buddiiee (Post 22532932)

Really cool feature about any forum is that "Log Out" command at the top right of the forum. Further than that, you actually have to make a choice to surf here and participate. If you aren't caring for the current experience, feel free to use those options.

Hondo Gravel 06-07-22 09:00 AM

Hyper sensitive people :lol: Some people where I live will say she called me B back in 7th grade in 1981 and still have it out for her. Women are vicious like that. Buddiiee is male I’m guessing?

genec 06-07-22 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Juan Foote (Post 22533535)
Really cool feature about any forum is that "Log Out" command at the top right of the forum. Further than that, you actually have to make a choice to surf here and participate. If you aren't caring for the current experience, feel free to use those options.

It never ceases to amaze me that some folks come here, a private forum, and expect to make changes to the forum based on their idea of "the way things should be," or expect this little forum to change the world. Either view is wrong. Also the folks that make "free speech" demands, and fail to realize private forums do not have to adhere to their notion of "free speech."

Kat12 06-07-22 08:23 PM

I think BF is one of those forums where one would do well to understand the lay of the land before posting. It's not true of all forums, but some have a certain "flavor" to them and it's often that people who haven't read around enough to know what typical responses are like tend to be disappointed in replies they receive...

Hondo Gravel 06-07-22 10:30 PM

If he wanted to find a moderator he could have just took the time to surf and or read how to get contact information. Instead he acted like a ****** and received a ****** bag response. Which he or she thoroughly deserved.

Juan Foote 06-08-22 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kat12 (Post 22534359)
I think BF is one of those forums where one would do well to understand the lay of the land before posting. It's not true of all forums, but some have a certain "flavor" to them and it's often that people who haven't read around enough to know what typical responses are like tend to be disappointed in replies they receive...

Yup, there are a couple of sub forums here that you could need to be prepared for. IIRC, road has a warning stickied at the top about what to expect in there. PnR and AnS are both worthy of a warning, and Foo is its own little world much of the time.

ahsposo 06-08-22 08:08 AM

Like I always say "Everything in moderation" a thousand times a day.

cb400bill 06-08-22 08:42 AM

Thread moved from Foo to User Assistance.

3alarmer 06-08-22 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind (Post 22532848)
What did you need?

...I still don't get it ? I feel like I tuned in in the last five minutes of a Mission Impossible movie. I know something is going to get blown up, but I don't know why, or how.

BillyD 06-08-22 11:22 AM

#buddiiee Hi, I'm a moderator, exactly what are you looking for help with?

blacknbluebikes 06-08-22 12:08 PM

OK, three minutes lost. Now back to "Maximum Seat Height" for value-added learning.