Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Velo Vol 06-20-20 03:30 PM

Oh my.

Velo Vol 06-20-20 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21544275)
Last year a few of them buzzed me without letting me know they were about to overtake me. Large group from western Canada doing their own tour. I explained to one of them which one of us would win the war if I were to serve to avoid a critter or pothole. You donít want to get into a scrape with a fully loaded bike when youíre riding a naked road bike.

Stay out of the fast lane.

bampilot06 06-20-20 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21544541)

I feel like anybody could have made that mistake.

LAJ 06-20-20 03:52 PM

"Everything is ruined by people that are better than us."

Get in line for your participation medal, *****.....

Bah Humbug 06-20-20 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21544502)
I'll probably put off group riding til 2021.

I've given up on all of it until further notice. I think the NFL is kidding itself with its current plans; I only hope they have a realistic backup for the reality we'll be in. But until there's a vaccine, effective treatment, or the like, I don't see doing any of these things. Small charity rides in ranchland maybe, but nothing more than that.

Velo Vol 06-20-20 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21544503)
Next month I have a bunch of northern overnights. Looks like Buffalo, Ithaca, Burlington, Bangor, and Harrisburg. Not sure if i’m near of you. Also Chattanooga if velo feels like riding that far.

Chattanooga is not ideal for an evening ride. TYS would be, with bicycles. This is not far from there, where we could make a run at Solitary Man's KOM.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bb3514e592.jpg

indyfabz 06-20-20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21544545)
Stay out of the fast lane.

I was on the narrow shoulder of a 70 mph state highway in the rain in the middle of nowhere pretty early in the morning. People should be more courteous, especially if they care about self preservation.

Velo Vol 06-20-20 04:08 PM

We need to freeze it where it is today.

bampilot06 06-20-20 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21544585)
I was on the narrow shoulder of a 70 mph state highway in the rain in the middle of nowhere pretty early in the morning. People should be more courteous, especially if they care about self preservation.

I brought my bike to williamsburg to ride while my dog was getting groomed yesterday. The road I was gunna ride on was a 15 mile loop 1/4 had a bike lane the rest did not. The speed limit started at 35 mph and increased up to 55 mph. As I was unpacking my bike I watched car after car going way above the speed limit and a lot of them were half way into the bike lane. I decided to not ride, my bikes to pretty to get mangled by a car.

Bah Humbug 06-20-20 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21544584)
Chattanooga is not ideal for an evening ride. TYS would be, with bicycles. This is not far from there, where we could make a run at Solitary Man's KOM.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bb3514e592.jpg

I miss Chattanooga.

BillyD 06-20-20 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21544224)
Ras-blu-bla berry smoothie on a humid day.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d726e0cfe.jpeg

Yum.

BillyD 06-20-20 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21544570)
I think the NFL is kidding itself with its current plans; I only hope they have a realistic backup for the reality we'll be in. But until there's a vaccine, effective treatment, or the like, I don't see doing any of these things. Small charity rides in ranchland maybe, but nothing more than that.

Indeed.

BillyD 06-20-20 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21544502)
I'll probably put off group riding til 2021.

Same here. Then, in 2021, Iíll put it off til 2022.

big john 06-20-20 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21544326)
this is how the first matrix started. soon she will be offering you pills.

She let me in after not really knowing me very well. I think she had no idea how long her club was going to stop having regular rides posted or how many people were going to get in on the discreet rides.. They're really great and have accepted me as one of the crew.

I have thought about the safety of being near people but we didn't go in any buildings and I tried not to draft closely.

Bah Humbug 06-20-20 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21544326)
this is how the first matrix started. soon she will be offering you pills.

First? I don't remember any sequels. That one and only movie was good though.

rjones28 06-20-20 04:40 PM

No YouTube for me, apparently.

BillyD 06-20-20 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21544645)
First? I don't remember any sequels. That one and only movie was good though.

There were several, actually.

berner 06-20-20 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21544570)
I've given up on all of it until further notice. I think the NFL is kidding itself with its current plans; I only hope they have a realistic backup for the reality we'll be in. But until there's a vaccine, effective treatment, or the like, I don't see doing any of these things. Small charity rides in ranchland maybe, but nothing more than that.

Many people are behaving as if the pandemic is just about over but for the shouting. I see news reports that covid-19 infections are currently spiking up. If we consider that infections spread world wide within weeks to a month or so we begin to understand how quickly infection can spread. Exponential growth just needs a tiny seed to spread. We are having difficulty here in a first world country tamping down infection rates. Third world countries would have much greater difficulties. It is not hard to see that even a small seed from an under-developed country could easily cross borders and begin another wave of infection. I posted this link before somewhere but it is worth while repeating.

Bah Humbug 06-20-20 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21544661)
There were several, actually.

I guess I was too subtle. #dontexplainthejoke

Bah Humbug 06-20-20 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by berner (Post 21544669)
Many people are behaving as if the pandemic is just about over but for the shouting. I see news reports that covid-19 infections are currently spiking up. If we consider that infections spread world wide within weeks to a month or so we begin to understand how quickly infection can spread. Exponential growth just needs a tiny seed to spread. We are having difficulty here in a first world country tamping down infection rates. Third world countries would have much greater difficulties. It is not hard to see that even a small seed from an under-developed country could easily cross borders and begin another wave of infection. I posted this link before somewhere but it is worth while repeating.

We haven't even really tamped it down, not without the lockdowns continuing. We don't have a really good grasp on transmission. We have no idea about long-term effects.

bampilot06 06-20-20 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21544671)
I guess I was too subtle. #dontexplainthejoke

If I heard correctly a fourth one might be coming.

seedsbelize 06-20-20 05:49 PM

Many people are behaving as if the pandemic is just about over but for the shouting. I see news reports that covid-19 infections are currently spiking up. If we consider that infections spread world wide within weeks to a month or so we begin to understand how quickly infection can spread. Exponential growth just needs a tiny seed to spread. We are having difficulty here in a first world country tamping down infection rates. Third world countries would have much greater difficulties. It is not hard to see that even a small seed from an under-developed country could easily cross borders and begin another wave of infection. I posted this link before somewhere but it is worth while repeating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqw-...?v=Fqw-9yMV0sI

In this pandemic, the US is it's own worst enemy. So much more could be said, but I'll leave it there.

seedsbelize 06-20-20 05:55 PM

The washing machine has been sussed out. The shut-off valve is available from Amazon in case I don't find it locally.

And the R****t icon is not visible on the laptop

Bah Humbug 06-20-20 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21544713)
If I heard correctly a fourth one might be coming.

Of course it is.

2manybikes 06-20-20 06:16 PM

Many people are behaving as if the pandemic is just about over but for the shouting. I see news reports that covid-19 infections are currently spiking up. If we consider that infections spread world wide within weeks to a month or so we begin to understand how quickly infection can spread. Exponential growth just needs a tiny seed to spread. We are having difficulty here in a first world country tamping down infection rates. Third world countries would have much greater difficulties. It is not hard to see that even a small seed from an under-developed country could easily cross borders and begin another wave of infection. I posted this link before somewhere but it is worth while repeating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqw-...?v=Fqw-9yMV0sI

about 50% peds and bikes with masks on the path.

Saw a mink on the path down your way,