Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

MoAlpha 07-20-20 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by SwtBadger (Post 21597726)
At the beginning of the season any rides ~30+ miles need and then rarely thereafter depending. I try to use sparingly so as toughed that area up. My pedal stroke must not be even as only need on one side.

I sit lopsided or twisted on the saddle too. Most of the pressure is on the left, but I sometimes it's the opposite. Hard to figure out.

The old-time tailors used to say a man "dressed" left or right depending on how his gentleman parts hung, and cut or alter his trousers accordingly. Perhaps I need bespoke chamois.

WhyFi 07-20-20 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by SwtBadger (Post 21597720)
Nice role model for the kids in the back. And you all say us Badgers east of the river have issues :foo:

There are Karens and ______s (why isn't there a male counterpart, yet?) everywhere, unfortunately.

Velo Vol 07-20-20 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by SwtBadger (Post 21597720)
Nice role model for the kids in the back. And you all say us Badgers east of the river have issues :foo:

Such anger.

Bah Humbug 07-20-20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21597759)
There are Karens and ______s (why isn't there a male counterpart, yet?) everywhere, unfortunately.

There are Chads, though that's different. The real answer to your question is that men who feel the same feelings as Karens don't just call the cops on their targets, so they don't get cute social media names.

Bah Humbug 07-20-20 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21597740)
I sit lopsided or twisted on the saddle too. Most of the pressure is on the left, but I sometimes it's the opposite. Hard to figure out.

The old-time tailors used to say a man "dressed" left or right depending on how his gentleman parts hung, and cut or alter his trousers accordingly. Perhaps I need bespoke chamois.

ISM instructs that the saddle should usually be rotated slightly. Sadly, these days that's usually not possible even on non-aero bikes.

Bah Humbug 07-20-20 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by SwtBadger (Post 21597726)
At the beginning of the season any rides ~30+ miles need and then rarely thereafter depending. I try to use sparingly so as toughed that area up. My pedal stroke must not be even as only need on one side.

I can get away without for short enough rides and low enough total volume. Exceed either, and issues creep in.

MoAlpha 07-20-20 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21597781)
ISM instructs that the saddle should usually be rotated slightly. Sadly, these days that's usually not possible even on non-aero bikes.

Can you point me to the info?

Velo Vol 07-20-20 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21597674)
God, that sucks! We have bad postal service here and I have had some luck complaining to my congressperson's office, where there was a staffer with a JD whose job seemed to be "congressionaling" fed agencies on behalf of constituents. She was great at it.

You contacted your Congress Critter over mail delivery?

It seems weird to me that going into the PO the next business day after attempted delivery would be too late to get your package, but what do I know? Unless the woman didn't want to bother with finding it.

In the event that it's gone back somewhere, anywhere to go on eBay to get refund or another shipment?

berner 07-20-20 02:58 PM

I've been gone for a few days but I'm glad to see y'all carried on as usual, here in the Cult Compound.

datlas 07-20-20 02:59 PM

Thanks for the feedback on chamois cream, gang. I am fine without it so far...will file in the back of my mind to consider it only if I run into, ahem, problems.

kissTheApex 07-20-20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21597168)
The most efficient person I know is my wife. Last February she did a business trip to Hawaii, then Seattle, then WV over 9 days and managed to only need a single carry on.

Does not compute...

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21597534)

It doesn't sound like my chances of receiving my long-awaited Taiwanese package are great.

Maybe you can go dumpster diving at the old address to retrieve the discarded slip? :innocent:

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21597759)

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21597779)
There are Chads, though that's different. The real answer to your question is that men who feel the same feelings as Karens don't just call the cops on their targets, so they don't get cute social media names.

I thought they were called Ken??

Bah Humbug 07-20-20 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21597821)
Can you point me to the info?

They appear to have removed it from their setup guide, but for posterity:

https://ismseat.com/help/setup-guide/

It may now be in one of the videos, but I didn't watch them. They listed it as the last step a few years ago.

MoAlpha 07-20-20 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21597829)
You contacted your Congress Critter over mail delivery?

No delivery for four days will drive a man to desperate acts. I’ve complained to them more than once about the USPS.

I’ve gone to them about an FBI security investigation for my daughter and when my retired pay got screwed up. That’s what they’re there for!

seedsbelize 07-20-20 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21597540)
Long-suffering spouse is calling her partners to tell them she's retiring, effective 31 Oct.

Triple kudos

MoAlpha 07-20-20 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21597846)
They appear to have removed it from their setup guide, but for posterity:

https://ismseat.com/help/setup-guide/

It may now be in one of the videos, but I didn't watch them. They listed it as the last step a few years ago.

I知 going to obsess about that now! I would love to use chamois cr鑪e because of how it makes me feel, not to avoid chafe!

LAJ 07-20-20 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21597540)
Long-suffering spouse is calling her partners to tell them she's retiring, effective 31 Oct.

Good for her. I hope she can walk completely away without too much hassle.

seedsbelize 07-20-20 03:21 PM

Never even thought about chamois cream. Long ago and far away, I did use fake chamois, but now it's Champion boxer briefs and cargo shorts. I ride Brooks leather saddles almost exclusively, with the occasional Cambium thrown in. One bike has a Selle Anatomica, though it is not a favorite, and will likely get changed out for the cambium.

seedsbelize 07-20-20 03:25 PM

I had a cup of Starbucks coffee today. A bit weak, as always, but good. A couple hours later I was thinking another would be nice. Coffee is a whole different animal when there is no addiction factor.

seedsbelize 07-20-20 03:27 PM

Oh, and we continue to have cool, rainy weather. And we are officially orange, so I can ride tomorrow.

MoAlpha 07-20-20 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21597903)
Never even thought about chamois cream. Long ago and far away, I did use fake chamois, but now it's Champion boxer briefs and cargo shorts. I ride Brooks leather saddles almost exclusively, with the occasional Cambium thrown in. One bike has a Selle Anatomica, though it is not a favorite, and will likely get changed out for the cambium.

Two of my least happy cycling years were spent trying to convince myself that Brooks saddles were comfortable. Not that I知 enchanted with what I知 using now.

kissTheApex 07-20-20 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21597917)
I had a cup of Starbucks coffee today. A bit weak, as always, but good. A couple hours later I was thinking another would be nice. Coffee is a whole different animal when there is no addiction factor.

I too can quit whenever I want!

seedsbelize 07-20-20 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21597946)
Two of my least happy cycling years were spent trying to convince myself that Brooks saddles were comfortable. Not that I知 enchanted with what I知 using now.

The right leather saddle disappears under you. I have one that fits that definition. A B17 that I modified to be narrower.

Trsnrtr 07-20-20 04:11 PM

In my younger years, I canted my saddles ever so slightly right to accommodate a dress left bias. I also use to bend saddle rails on the left, iirc.

Many years later after a professional fit, the fitter lowered my saddle position about 3-4 mm. I thought maybe it was due to being older and less flexible. Regardless, for 6 years now, I’ve run my saddle dead straight ahead and no longer bend rails.

Trsnrtr 07-20-20 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21597946)

Ditto. I致e been running Spec Toupes on all my bikes and have found my golden saddle(s).

MoAlpha 07-20-20 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21598021)
The right leather saddle disappears under you. I have one that fits that definition. A B17 that I modified to be narrower.

I had two B17Ns and sold them for a shocking amount.