Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

ls01 11-03-21 02:34 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22292984)
Does Ctrl + R work ?

not on my phone

Velo Vol 11-03-21 03:34 AM

Good morning, rjones28!

ls01 11-03-21 04:07 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22293177)
Because they'll ****** *** ******?

Nothing to see here...move along..

ls01 11-03-21 04:10 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22293292)
I had a record low rise-and-shine weigh in of 155.5 this morning. Now after a proper breakfast, 16oz of water, and 16oz of coffee I'm back up to 157.5.

fatty

ls01 11-03-21 04:12 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22293307)
Weird Al bustin' out an instrumental cover of the Sparks classic!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8xzdy2cxqo

what's with the YouTube scrambling ?

ls01 11-03-21 04:19 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22293474)
Donuts. Fries. Trashcan sized Cokes. Double bacon cheeseburgers. Any of the recipes an especially large former classmate of mine posts on Facebook. The 4th and 5th slices of pizza.

Mmmmm...sounds delicious...I'll take 2 please.

datlas 11-03-21 05:19 AM

It’s 0 degrees out. Time to get ready to ride.

ls01 11-03-21 05:48 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22293913)
It’s 0 degrees out. Time to get ready to ride.

wut

datlas 11-03-21 06:22 AM

Used Celsius for dramatic effect. Still 32F and ride starts in a few minutes. Brrrr.

WhyFi 11-03-21 07:27 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22293940)
Used Celsius for dramatic effect. Still 32F and ride starts in a few minutes. Brrrr.

32° here, too, supposed to get up to 46°. I'm at that point where I can't decide what to do as far as a ride today... Forecast is for partly cloudy - in the sun, it could be beautiful, under clouds, it could be miserable.

At the same time, I want to get stuff done today, so do I just hop on the trainer now and get the exercise out of the way, or do I work on stuff now and wait for a potential outdoor ride after the warm-up?

Shoulder season dilemmas... :foo:

LAJ 11-03-21 07:32 AM

The trainer is always the most economical choice. Outside is nice, but life gets in the way, sometimes.

LAJ 11-03-21 07:38 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22293751)
Buy Impact Whey Protein Isolate | MYPROTEIN™ Getcha some of that. I approach 175-200 grams daily. Your nitrogen balance will improve with protein intake. Simply put, and MoAlpha can dial that statement in properly.


Don't buy this without a coupon though. 40-50% off is what one should shoot for.

rjones28 11-03-21 07:45 AM

Doing a little bike shop work this afternoon. Was going to ride.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1693994d9d.png

But, it's going to be cold and dark for the ride home. And I'm still not recovered from my wee bout. So, I'll be driving the SportWagen.

BillyD 11-03-21 08:52 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22293751)
Buy Impact Whey Protein Isolate | MYPROTEIN™ Getcha some of that. I approach 175-200 grams daily. Your nitrogen balance will improve with protein intake. Simply put, and MoAlpha can dial that statement in properly.

I hear you, I can check that out. But I think my problem is breaking the decades old tradition of eating moderately. I mean, I'm 6'4 and the most I've ever weighed was 10 lbs over my norm of 200. I'm trying to find reasonable ways to eat more food. There's got to be more variety than eggs and sausage in the morning and chicken for lunch.

MoAlpha 11-03-21 08:53 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22294001)
Don't buy this without a coupon though. 40-50% off is what one should shoot for.

By way of dialing in: LSS took one for the team and let them send her promotional spam, so we now catch the price dips. We also earn AAL miles there. Great vendor and Labdoor certified, so we're not consuming heavy metals and stuff.

LAJ 11-03-21 09:05 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22294104)
I hear you, I can check that out. But I think my problem is breaking the decades old tradition of eating moderately. I mean, I'm 6'4 and the most I've ever weighed was 10 lbs over my norm of 200. I'm trying to find reasonable ways to eat more food. There's got to be more variety than eggs and sausage in the morning and chicken for lunch.

Understand. Of course, I live on chicken and turkey, so it's no sweat to keep on with it. It's working for me, and the occasional steak or other red meat, is sort of a treat. I'm not a foodie, and food is just a necessity to me. Of course, dark chocolate being one of the most important food groups, doesn't get overlooked. The protein drinks are a healthy supplement to what you're doing. I drink "The Whey", and it's a bit more spendy, but it has good stuff in it.

LAJ 11-03-21 09:09 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22294108)
By way of dialing in: LSS took one for the team and let them send her promotional spam, so we now catch the price dips. We also earn AAL miles there. Great vendor and Labdoor certified, so we're not consuming heavy metals and stuff.

Exactly. They're busy in the email dept, but I can overlook it for what it's worth in the long run.

MoAlpha 11-03-21 09:24 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22294124)
Understand. Of course, I live on chicken and turkey, so it's no sweat to keep on with it. It's working for me, and the occasional steak or other red meat, is sort of a treat. I'm not a foodie, and food is just a necessity to me. Of course, dark chocolate being one of the most important food groups, doesn't get overlooked. The protein drinks are a healthy supplement to what you're doing. I drink "The Whey", and it's a bit more spendy, but it has good stuff in it.

As you know, whey protein in liquid form has the advantage of rapid absorption in the protein incorporating window after exercise. That's what we use it for mainly. LSS keeps a high protein, low carb diet and is a huge carnivore. She joined a local meat share who deliver a big bag of high quality, responsibly raised, meat every month, so we eat too many steaks, stews stir-fries, etc.. We buy high-quality chicken, but not the supermarket stuff. We also eat a ton of Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, etc. We still make an effort to have fish regularly and at least one vegetarian and one vegan dinner a week.

Mojo31 11-03-21 09:39 AM

I'm in for the dark chocolate.

All of the other healthy eating - meh. :thumb:

WhyFi 11-03-21 09:56 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22293652)
Most days I'm totaling somewhere between 1,300 and 1,700 calories.

For perspective:

You look at the consumption habits of others and don't understand them. I look at the above and can only assume shockingly low activity levels. Even though my activity has tapered off significantly over the last four weeks, I'm still averaging ~3500 calories burned per day. With a calorie intake like yours, I'd be losing a pound every two days, which isn't the least bit viable, even in the short term.

MoAlpha 11-03-21 10:17 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22294198)
For perspective:

You look at the consumption habits of others and don't understand them. I look at the above and can only assume shockingly low activity levels. Even though my activity has tapered off significantly over the last four weeks, I'm still averaging ~3500 calories burned per day. With a calorie intake like yours, I'd be losing a pound every two days, which isn't the least bit viable, even in the short term.

I average a little over 19,000 calories a week or about 42 kcal/kg/day. BillyD looks like 23 or less.

LAJ 11-03-21 10:24 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22294157)
As you know, whey protein in liquid form has the advantage of rapid absorption in the protein incorporating window after exercise. That's what we use it for mainly. LSS keeps a high protein, low carb diet and is a huge carnivore. She joined a local meat share who deliver a big bag of high quality, responsibly raised, meat every month, so we eat too many steaks, stews stir-fries, etc.. We buy high-quality chicken, but not the supermarket stuff. We also eat a ton of Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, etc. We still make an effort to have fish regularly and at least one vegetarian and one vegan dinner a week.

You get those carnivore offset points for the vegan and veg diets. That's good stuff. Mrs. LAJ is veg, just not full vegan. Her choice came strictly from compassion, and as a result, pork is basically off the diet. She's a huge Esther the Wonder Pig fan, and the lack of pork is OK with me.

I love peanut butter, and nuts, and have to be careful there. Yogurt is a staple too.

LAJ 11-03-21 10:25 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22294174)
I'm in for the dark chocolate.

All of the other healthy eating - meh. :thumb:

Understand. It's not for everyone. :)

rjones28 11-03-21 10:34 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22294243)
You get those carnivore offset points for the vegan and veg diets. That's good stuff. Mrs. LAJ is veg, just not full vegan. Her choice came strictly from compassion, and as a result, pork is basically off the diet. She's a huge Esther the Wonder Pig fan, and the lack of pork is OK with me.

I love peanut butter, and nuts, and have to be careful there. Yogurt is a staple too.

We took delivery of half a pig from a local farmer this week.

LAJ 11-03-21 10:37 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22294261)
We took delivery of half a pig from a local farmer this week.

We didn't.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.