Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

LAJ 11-06-21 05:48 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22298532)


So it begins.

This year, Halloween goes up, a load of Christmas comes down.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4e4bea5e5.jpeg

Trsnrtr 11-06-21 06:02 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22298539)
I wanted to get home because my kitty is sick. I couldn't get him in to his regular vet so I took him to a walk in deal and the vet there was very pessimistic about my guy.

Awww…. :(

indyfabz 11-06-21 06:18 PM

You wish you had my mussels.


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a573e083c.jpeg

MoAlpha 11-06-21 06:46 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22298539)
I wanted to get home because my kitty is sick. I couldn't get him in to his regular vet so I took him to a walk in deal and the vet there was very pessimistic about my guy.

Awww, sorry. Hope they’re wrong.

Mojo31 11-06-21 06:54 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22298410)
Hoo boy, I just learned about another problem. What else can go wrong?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22298421)
Maybe analog (record players) isn't so bad after all?


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22298423)
J/K I would go back to cassette tapes, obv.

Scintillating conversation.

Velo Vol 11-06-21 07:00 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22298555)
So it begins.
This year, Halloween goes up, a load of Christmas comes down.

I would have jumped straight to the main event.

LAJ 11-06-21 07:02 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22298623)
I would have jumped straight to the main event.

Negatory, Ghost Rider.

I run the wiring and stuff for Halloween, which makes it easier for Christmas.

LesterOfPuppets 11-06-21 07:07 PM

Wyoming beat Colorado State in the Border War!!! The Boot is back in Wyoming!

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...49&oe=61ABC21E

Velo Vol 11-06-21 07:09 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22298618)
Scintillating conversation.

Dismiss the upcoming Unix 32-bit timecode fiasco at your own peril.

I'm planning ahead.

genejockey 11-06-21 07:30 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22298631)
Dismiss the upcoming Unix 32-bit timecode fiasco at your own peril.

I'm planning ahead.

You'll all be unable to shift your electronic bikes, unable to tell time on your electronic watches, but I'll be okay with my mechanical bikes and watches!

I'll also be 80 years old.

Mojo31 11-06-21 07:39 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22298631)
Dismiss the upcoming Unix 32-bit timecode fiasco at your own peril.

I'm planning ahead.

At 81, I may not care a lick. Just change my diaper every few hours, and I should be happy.

Velo Vol 11-06-21 08:49 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22298630)
Wyoming beat Colorado State in the Border War!!! The Boot is back in Wyoming!

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...49&oe=61ABC21E

Doesn't hold a candle to the Beer Barrel, which would be in Knoxville yet another year, if it still existed.


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cb2cf3d66.jpeg


Velo Vol 11-06-21 08:56 PM

Oof.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d308681fd2.png

LesterOfPuppets 11-06-21 09:02 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22298706)
Doesn't hold a candle to the Beer Barrel, which would be in Knoxville yet another year, if it still existed.

maybe they should've had it bronzed.

BillyD 11-06-21 09:04 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22298714)

Ouch. That 2nd quarter must have been painful.

Velo Vol 11-06-21 09:13 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22298718)
maybe they should've had it bronzed.

I'm sure it still physically exists, but


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3816dee928.png

LesterOfPuppets 11-06-21 10:44 PM

They went for the two-point conversion when they were up 104-0.

Cherry on top.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/us_wor...d7054c324.html

Velo Vol 11-07-21 06:01 AM

Howdy, rjones28

Velo Vol 11-07-21 06:01 AM

Standard time can stuff it.

datlas 11-07-21 06:06 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22298539)
I wanted to get home because my kitty is sick. I couldn't get him in to his regular vet so I took him to a walk in deal and the vet there was very pessimistic about my guy.

I hope he does ok.

:hug:

MoAlpha 11-07-21 06:18 AM

Last night I received a package containing a few mementos, three bags of my late friend and crewmate Larry's ashes, and a copy of an "If you're reading this..." letter he wrote when things started looking bad. The places he wanted his ashes scattered are all on salt water and include the Bass Straight (between Sydney and Hobart), the Gulf of Oman, The Mediterranean off Toulon, San Francisco Bay, Hawaii, the straights of San Juan de Fuca, several Chesapeake locations, Kitchen Shoal off Bermuda (but after the finish!), the Gulf Stream, and others. There were already several check marks on the list. Good thing he was a big guy.

datlas 11-07-21 06:24 AM

Another chilly morning. Time to ride.

Velo Vol 11-07-21 06:32 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22298862)
Last night I received a package containing a few mementos, three bags of my late friend and crewmate Larry's ashes, and a copy of an "If you're reading this..." letter he wrote when things started looking bad. The places he wanted his ashes scattered are all on salt water and include the Bass Straight (between Sydney and Hobart), the Gulf of Oman, The Mediterranean off Toulon, San Francisco Bay, Hawaii, the straights of San Juan de Fuca, several Chesapeake locations, Kitchen Shoal off Bermuda (but after the finish!), the Gulf Stream, and others. There were already several check marks on the list. Good thing he was a big guy.

:foo:

BillyD 11-07-21 07:27 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22298757)
They went for the two-point conversion when they were up 104-0.

Cherry on top.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/us_wor...d7054c324.html

That's the problem with using margin of victory as a factor in determining college rankings. That mentality gets passed down to high school and youth league athletes who are being indoctrinated to become heartless, unreasonable adults with no moral compass, and this is a major portion of what's wrong with the world today. IMO.

/Rant

BillyD 11-07-21 07:33 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22298862)
Last night I received a package containing a few mementos, three bags of my late friend and crewmate Larry's ashes, and a copy of an "If you're reading this..." letter he wrote when things started looking bad. The places he wanted his ashes scattered are all on salt water and include the Bass Straight (between Sydney and Hobart), the Gulf of Oman, The Mediterranean off Toulon, San Francisco Bay, Hawaii, the straights of San Juan de Fuca, several Chesapeake locations, Kitchen Shoal off Bermuda (but after the finish!), the Gulf Stream, and others. There were already several check marks on the list. Good thing he was a big guy.

So are YOU responsible for visiting all those locations or will you split it up amongst other friends. Or will you just exclaim "screw that" and just do the reasonable locations? :lol:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.