Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

Mojo31 05-15-22 09:05 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22507119)
Yes, I forget which brand they are but specifically anti-UV and IR. Coldblack is still hotter than white with the same UV/IR properties, but it's not far off.

She's also way less heat-sensitive than you are. ;)

Looks like the brand is on her right arm, but I canít make it out.

Where was the race? Looks like high humidity.

And, most importantly, how did she do? And, asking for a friend, did she crash?

genejockey 05-15-22 09:26 AM

Another day, another average.
Wordle 330 4/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I have discovered that writing the letters down on paper when I get close to a solution helps a lot. I have been just trying to visualize them, but I guess I was having a failure of imagination.

Bah Humbug 05-15-22 09:28 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22507216)
Looks like the brand is on her right arm, but I canít make it out.

Where was the race? Looks like high humidity.

And, most importantly, how did she do? And, asking for a friend, did she crash?

Race was in some town you've never heard of - Hico. Dinosaur country; the hotel had everything in the Jurassic Park fonts and colors. And lots of dino imagery.

She did... I forget. Well but not as fast as y'all expect; she's into gravel for relaxation, such as it is. Second quartile somewhere. No crash but there was some carnage...

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ac1e838066.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1908a20914.jpg

bampilot06 05-15-22 09:29 AM

Not foggy or rainy in Miami.

datlas 05-15-22 09:43 AM

It won’t last, but guess who is atop the leaderboard AND the KOM?? :innocent:

seedsbelize2 05-15-22 09:46 AM

A nice double-header this morning. Stage 5 of the Tour of Turkey--very reminiscent of a wet Spring Classic. And stage 9 of the Giro, running concurrently. The first mentioned finished about a half hour before the second. A fun Sunday morning.
And indeed the Tixkokobense got on about their days and I got my steady feed back. Two of them in fact.

datlas 05-15-22 09:46 AM

Big day today for daughter #1.

Hint:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a64f8cba5d.jpg

Velo Vol 05-15-22 09:47 AM

Trolls out in force to start the week.

LAJ 05-15-22 09:49 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22507213)
Just tried this. I like it. Appeals to the crossword part of me.

https://wafflegame.net/?fbclid=IwAR3...8kCz9-ENoCDD40

First shot, and I think I've got the rules figured out. This is a good diversion as I get cranked up for my workout. I like it.


#waffle114 1/5

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩⭐🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🔥 streak: 1
wafflegame.net

bampilot06 05-15-22 09:50 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22507253)
It wonít last, but guess who is atop the leaderboard AND the KOM?? :innocent:


If only I wasnít working.

bampilot06 05-15-22 09:51 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22507257)
Big day today for daughter #1.

Hint:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a64f8cba5d.jpg


Shes going to be in a parade?

Mojo31 05-15-22 09:51 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22507257)
Big day today for daughter #1.

Hint:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a64f8cba5d.jpg

Throw thrifty out the door if getting an Alpha Spyder!

bampilot06 05-15-22 09:52 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22507238)
Race was in some town you've never heard of - Hico. Dinosaur country; the hotel had everything in the Jurassic Park fonts and colors. And lots of dino imagery.

She did... I forget. Well but not as fast as y'all expect; she's into gravel for relaxation, such as it is. Second quartile somewhere. No crash but there was some carnage...

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ac1e838066.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1908a20914.jpg


In gravel, theoretically thereís not supposed to be cars, are hand signals for turning still used?

LAJ 05-15-22 10:00 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22507264)
Shes going to be in a parade?


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22507265)
Throw thrifty out the door if getting an Alpha Spyder!

It might be a Spyder, but it's not really a Spyder.....

Mojo31 05-15-22 10:07 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22507238)
Race was in some town you've never heard of - Hico. Dinosaur country; the hotel had everything in the Jurassic Park fonts and colors. And lots of dino imagery.

She did... I forget. Well but not as fast as y'all expect; she's into gravel for relaxation, such as it is. Second quartile somewhere. No crash but there was some carnage...

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ac1e838066.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1908a20914.jpg

Why would you think Iíve never heard of Hico? Been there more than once in my 40 years in this area.

Did you know that the Koffee Kup Family Restaurant used to be the Koffee Kup Kafe? It was reputed to be the headquarters for the Klan in that area. It changed its name to try to get away from that stigma.

The town is now trying to brand itself as a historic getaway place.

Mojo31 05-15-22 10:09 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22507270)
It might be a Spyder, but it's not really a Spyder.....

Got me on that. 😜

Bah Humbug 05-15-22 10:11 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22507266)
In gravel, theoretically thereís not supposed to be cars, are hand signals for turning still used?

This was in town. 'Round here there isn't enough gravel to avoid pavement start to finish.

Velo Vol 05-15-22 10:13 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22507278)
Why would you think Iíve never heard of Hico?

I've never heard of it.

Bah Humbug 05-15-22 10:16 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22507278)
Why would you think Iíve never heard of Hico? Been there more than once in my 40 years in this area.

Did you know that the Koffee Kup Family Restaurant used to be the Koffee Kup Kafe? It was reputed to be the headquarters for the Klan in that area. It changed its name to try to get away from that stigma.

The town is now trying to brand itself as a historic getaway place.

I saw the Koffee Kup but did not know that. Wow. Yeah I noticed the attempt to go historical. I guess the KKK is, in a sense, historical. But yikes.

I figured you wouldn't have heard of it because I hadn't and it's a dusty little Texas town in the middle of nowhere.

LAJ 05-15-22 10:19 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22507285)
I've never heard of it.

You live in K-Town. There really is nowhere else.

genejockey 05-15-22 10:23 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22507257)
Big day today for daughter #1.

Hint:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a64f8cba5d.jpg

She bought an unreliable car?
She's singing a Duet-to?
Bitten by a Spyder?
Running off with Romeo?
Dustin' the living room?
Harvesting the alf-Alfa?

LesterOfPuppets 05-15-22 10:24 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22507257)
Big day today for daughter #1.

Hint:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a64f8cba5d.jpg

She's rollin' vintage Italian steel?

Kudos!

Mojo31 05-15-22 10:26 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22507289)
I saw the Koffee Kup but did not know that. Wow. Yeah I noticed the attempt to go historical. I guess the KKK is, in a sense, historical. But yikes.

I figured you wouldn't have heard of it because I hadn't and it's a dusty little Texas town in the middle of nowhere.

Used to play golf at Horseshoe Bay a few times a year, and we went through Hico on the way down and back. Have also had cases in Brownwood and Lampasas, so have had the pleasure of driving thru there quite a bit. Stopped at the KKK a few times for lunch because they always had good pies.

I donít know if the legend is true, but knowing that the Klan had a strong presence in Fort Worth and parts west, I believe it was most likely true.

LesterOfPuppets 05-15-22 10:27 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22507238)
Race was in some town you've never heard of - Hico. Dinosaur country; the hotel had everything in the Jurassic Park fonts and colors. And lots of dino imagery.

She did... I forget. Well but not as fast as y'all expect; she's into gravel for relaxation, such as it is. Second quartile somewhere. No crash but there was some carnage...

I'd never heard of Hico 'til I read about the young woman who'd registered for the race got shot where she was staying in Austin.

So sad.

Mojo31 05-15-22 10:31 AM

Did you check out the Billy the Kid Museum, Humbug?

Bonnie and Clyde supposedly also spent time there hiding.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.