Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

genejockey 04-16-22 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22474231)

I guess that leprechaun got tired of those kids always stealing his Lucky Charms! "Always after me Lucky Charms! Let's see how the little bastards like THIS!!!"

genejockey 04-16-22 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22474244)
Thanks for the heads up, but I donít consume that. My current cereal of choice is Wegmanís granola, ideally with fresh raspberries or blackberries.

I am sure there is a witty reply inspired by ďsilly rabbit, Trix are for kidsĒ a la ďsilly bearÖĒ but I am too tired and keep wanting to reference sugar bear which is the wrong cereal.

I like granola. It's the thunderous farting afterwards that puts me off.

datlas 04-16-22 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22474252)
Gross.

You donít like berries?!? Your loss.

rjones28 04-16-22 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22474100)
Verizon was having a great discount on iPhone 12s this morning so I went online and got a 128GB 12 mini for under $11/mo.

Upgrade works for me, my current phone was giving me headaches recently anyway. Will prolly arrive by Monday. Maybe Tuesday.

The main adjustment will be to the larger size than my current SE model, kind of forces you to carry by hand at times, depending on the pants ya got on. I don't stream games or movies on my phone so the large sizes have never appealed to me.

They also have a promo on Samsung Galaxy S22s. But my S10 still works great, so I gave it a pass.

rjones28 04-16-22 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22474216)
You snooze, you lose.

Maybe.

No maybe about it. It was snowing. Now it's changed to rain.

rjones28 04-16-22 03:09 PM

Tool of the day.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5236cd6b2a.jpg

rjones28 04-16-22 03:12 PM

Pulled it out of the dusty recess of my tool box for a project in Mrs. rjones28's studio.

LesterOfPuppets 04-16-22 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22474402)

Does it go off the scale when you hold it too close to your body?

datlas 04-16-22 03:34 PM

Tour de NJ is happening. Spent a few hours at my folks’ place in Flemington. They are really slowing down but mostly independent. Dropped my sister back at her place near Morristown and now at mrs datlas’ family home in Bergenfield (which is not far from NYC).

datlas 04-16-22 03:36 PM

Before todays ride I tightened the rear QR pretty hard, and although I thought I felt occasional tire rub, the wheel stayed centered and the “tire rub” was likely psychosomatic.

Mojo31 04-16-22 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22474413)
Does it go off the scale when you hold it too close to your body?

Prolly made him feel good when he found a stud in the house.

bampilot06 04-16-22 03:51 PM

Rode with the fast crew today. Group Iíve been wanting to ride with for a while but feared I was too slow. Ride went really well, and they are super strong. At one point we were doing 30 on the flats.

The Saturday morning ride is a little bit of a free for all. Today was apparently tame, but itís known for break aways and really pushing it. There are certain sections where sprints occur, which is a nice change, after the sprints thereís a moment for everyone to catch back up. I only got dropped once, and fell off a little bit at another section but was able to catch back up. It was a lot of fun. I canít wait for next Saturday.

They invited me to some of the other rides during the week. I look forward to those as well but they are in the afternoon so I wonít be able to frequent those as much.

Velo Vol 04-16-22 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22474287)

Straw and blue ones, but mostly eaten plain, not mixed in anything.

Mojo31 04-16-22 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22474448)
Rode with the fast crew today. Group Iíve been wanting to ride with for a while but feared I was too slow. Ride went really well, and they are super strong. At one point we were doing 30 on the flats.

The Saturday morning ride is a little bit of a free for all. Today was apparently tame, but itís known for break aways and really pushing it. There are certain sections where sprints occur, which is a nice change, after the sprints thereís a moment for everyone to catch back up. I only got dropped once, and fell off a little bit at another section but was able to catch back up. It was a lot of fun. I canít wait for next Saturday.

They invited me to some of the other rides during the week. I look forward to those as well but they are in the afternoon so I wonít be able to frequent those as much.

Gettin serious!

Bah Humbug 04-16-22 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22474431)
Before todays ride I tightened the rear QR pretty hard, and although I thought I felt occasional tire rub, the wheel stayed centered and the ďtire rubĒ was likely psychosomatic.

Once it's in your head you can imagine it anywhere.

genejockey 04-16-22 04:22 PM

I saw my PCP yesterday about the irregular heartbeats.. Had an EKG, but of course, it's like when you take your car to the mechanic for the funny noise, and it won't make that noise. She said she saw no reason to be concerned, get an echo cardiogram, keep exercising, etc. Pretty much what I expected, but of course I'd worried that she'd listen to my heart, or look at the EKG, and say, "Holy crap!". An irrational fear, to be sure.

So I rode hard on Zwift last night to celebrate.

Mojo31 04-16-22 04:22 PM

PAOTD

Electrifying.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d9c2fa1244.png

genejockey 04-16-22 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22474460)
Straw and blue ones, but mostly eaten plain, not mixed in anything.

The key with any fruit is to have enough that you put them in things, rather than just eating them plain. Like really good tomatoes - if you only have a small number, you eat them fresh with minimal adornment. If you have a lot, you make tomato sauce, can them, put them in stuff, etc.

datlas 04-16-22 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22474471)
I saw my PCP yesterday about the irregular heartbeats.. Had an EKG, but of course, it's like when you take your car to the mechanic for the funny noise, and it won't make that noise. She said she saw no reason to be concerned, get an echo cardiogram, keep exercising, etc. Pretty much what I expected, but of course I'd worried that she'd listen to my heart, or look at the EKG, and say, "Holy crap!". An irrational fear, to be sure.

So I rode hard on Zwift last night to celebrate.

Any further testing is going to be VERY low yield.

Bah Humbug 04-16-22 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22474473)

I thiiiiiink the third character there is "electricity". Not an expert though.

DougRNS 04-16-22 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22474287)

can I have some of your purple berries?

Mojo31 04-16-22 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22474476)
The key with any fruit is to have enough that you put them in things, rather than just eating them plain. Like really good tomatoes - if you only have a small number, you eat them fresh with minimal adornment. If you have a lot, you make tomato sauce, can them, put them in stuff, etc.

Yeah, right.

Mojo31 04-16-22 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22474483)
I thiiiiiink the third character there is "electricity". Not an expert though.

Dont know, but the second is a happy face.

Velo Vol 04-16-22 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22474476)
The key with any fruit is to have enough that you put them in things, rather than just eating them plain.

The key with fruit is to have the type that tastes good.

DougRNS 04-16-22 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22474498)

Most of the fruit I consume is the liquid, fermented variety.

Mojo31 04-16-22 05:08 PM

Grape juice is good.

genejockey 04-16-22 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22474498)

Indeed.

genejockey 04-16-22 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22474493)
Yeah, right.

One year when I was a ute, we had SO MANY TOMATOES Dad set us up out on the sidewalk, with baskets of them to try and sell them. Of course, everyone else's tomatoes were just as productive that year, so nobody was buying. IIRC, we canned something like 30 quart jars.

bampilot06 04-16-22 05:18 PM

I only like Pineapple, apples and bananas.

datlas 04-16-22 05:21 PM

I got a nice cycling related bday gift from my BiL/SiL. Will post pics when I get home in a few hours. Still in NJ.

Any guesses??

Hint: DougRNS would approve, I believe.