Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

indyfabz 08-07-22 04:22 AM

Double shooting last night about 4 blocks from my house. That explains the police car flying down my block.

MoAlpha 08-07-22 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22601212)
Thats going to cost you.

An old poly Genoa sheet. Replacements are already in the works.

datlas 08-07-22 05:07 AM

It’s another super humid day. Time to ride.

We are having a graduation party for Hannah this afternoon. It’s all outside in the back, but obviously people will want to go inside for restroom breaks or to cool off from the heat and humidity. We asked in advance for guests to mask up if going inside. Fingers crossed that works out ok.

Mojo31 08-07-22 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22601342)
An old poly Genoa sheet. Replacements are already in the works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyeFUc5gzuQ

Good excuse to go Dyneema.

Of course,then your knife skills won't help you much.

Mojo31 08-07-22 05:23 AM

Another of these days.

Wordle 414 5/6

🟩⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

seedsbelize2 08-07-22 06:43 AM

Wordle 414 4/6
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

seedsbelize2 08-07-22 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22601358)
Another of these days.

Wordle 414 5/6

🟩⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

When I got that far I chose words with the least used letters, rather than the common ones. That seems to be their schtick.

seedsbelize2 08-07-22 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22601334)
Double shooting last night about 4 blocks from my house. That explains the police car flying down my block.

Tixkokob police being charged with assault and battery, excessive force, and other issues that come up when the police are not trained. In these parts the local police force, except the top brass, changes with the change of the mayor. Perhaps the top brass changed this time too. Or perhaps they just got a bad batch. Surely it happens from time to time.

bampilot06 08-07-22 07:02 AM

Nice ride phrantic.

seedsbelize2 08-07-22 07:04 AM

Lunch at the beach today. In the old days I would ride up. These days not so much, but occasionally.
#old?
#lazy?
Now that I think about it, July and August are heavy beach use months. No school. For those with second homes, the wife and kids go for the duration and Dad comes on the weekend. Lots of traffic. Last time we were there, every driver got a breatholizer upon leaving the town.

phrantic09 08-07-22 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22601426)
nice ride phrantic.

ty

bampilot06 08-07-22 07:17 AM

My last trip beat me up bad. Donít know why but my sleep just wasnít happening. Definitely affected me this time I was home. I had zero motivation to ride or to wake up.

Waxed the ritchey chain and put the R3 tires on. Not sure how good of an idea that is, since both have deep cuts but i wanted to free up the 28 gators incase I need them for the cervelo.

I talked to the wife about the things that I need, she said she would crunch the numbers. 2 gp 5000 25mm 2 gp 5000 32mm 2 cycle cross tires, mountain bike shoes and mountain bike pedals. The shoes and pedals I donít care if they are used.

In other news, went to ikea this week and bought the daughter a big girl bed. Only took me 4 hours to build and it was the first time I have ever built anything from Ikea correctly the first time. I always screw something up that requires me to start over.

Next week weíre setting the baby room up for Simon. Expected to arrive in December. I feel sorry for those storks that have winter duty.

LesterOfPuppets 08-07-22 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22601443)
I talked to the wife about the things that I need, she said she would crunch the numbers. 2 gp 5000 25mm 2 gp 5000 32mm 2 cycle cross tires, mountain bike shoes and mountain bike pedals. The shoes and pedals I donít care if they are used.

Used SPDs? fine. Used shoes? I'll pass. :)

bampilot06 08-07-22 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22601448)
Used SPDs? fine. Used shoes? I'll pass. :)

If it saves me 70 dollars thatís fine. I honestly donít know how much iíll do anyways. Iím not really senior enough to get weekends off. Something I should have thought about when I decided to race. All the races are Saturdays. I am hoping I can atleast do one. Bummed I pretty much missed all the crits this year. Next year will be interesting, with the baby I doubt iíll get the mileage in that I have this year. I might have to sign up for training peaks to make the most out of each of my rides. Iíll figure that out later.

LesterOfPuppets 08-07-22 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22601453)
If it saves me 70 dollars that’s fine. I honestly don’t know how much i’ll do anyways. I’m not really senior enough to get weekends off. Something I should have thought about when I decided to race. All the races are Saturdays. I am hoping I can atleast do one. Bummed I pretty much missed all the crits this year. Next year will be interesting, with the baby I doubt i’ll get the mileage in that I have this year. I might have to sign up for training peaks to make the most out of each of my rides. I’ll figure that out later.

You should put in for a transfer to Portland, OR. :) In the summers they have a Monday night crit series and a Tuesday night series at PIR. There was also a 4-week (or so) STXC series on Wednesdays (basically CX races but no barriers sets and most riders are on MTB.) Then there's Tuesday CX racing in the fall. https://obra.org/schedule/list/cyclocross

indyfabz 08-07-22 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22601422)
Tixkokob police being charged with assault and battery, excessive force, and other issues that come up when the police are not trained. In these parts the local police force, except the top brass, changes with the change of the mayor. Perhaps the top brass changed this time too. Or perhaps they just got a bad batch. Surely it happens from time to time.

Turns out it wasnít that close. The original news report I saw described the location poorly. It was more like 9 or 10 blocks away, on the ďbad side of the tracks.Ē

bampilot06 08-07-22 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22601465)
You should put in for a transfer to Portland, OR. :) In the summers they have a Monday night crit series and a Tuesday night series at PIR. There was also a 4-week (or so) STXC series on Wednesdays (basically CX races but no barriers sets and most riders are on MTB.) Then there's Tuesday CX racing in the fall. https://obra.org/schedule/list/cyclocross

I think weíre moving to Raleigh. I wanted to move to back to Charlotte, wife wanted to stay in Va. (I donít know why). Raleigh is in the middle.

MoAlpha 08-07-22 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22601357)
Good excuse to go Dyneema.

Of course,then your knife skills won't help you much.

Not worth it for a sheet for a poly Genoa. Ceramic knife for aramid ropegoods.

big john 08-07-22 08:01 AM

Fail.
Wordle 414 X/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 08-07-22 08:09 AM

Pretty sure I saw a young great blue heron during this mornings 25 mile sweat fest. Had only seen adults before. They can be spotted along an old canal here in the big city.

LesterOfPuppets 08-07-22 08:10 AM

My starting word lends itself well towards today's Wordle.

Wordle 414 3/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

genejockey 08-07-22 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22601498)
My starting word lends itself well towards today's Wordle.

Wordle 414 3/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mine too, apparently
Wordle 414 3/6

🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

big john 08-07-22 08:45 AM

I had intended to get up at the crack of Tony Orlando this morning and start riding before it got hot but I slept instead. Guess I'd better get going now.

Bah Humbug 08-07-22 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22600685)
Apparently the 21st century expression is ďjanky.Ē

Jerry-rigged.

What do we call gypsy moths now?

Bah Humbug 08-07-22 09:08 AM

Wordle 414 5/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟨🟨🟨
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wasn't going to get caught playing "what's that one letter?".