Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

WhyFi 07-03-22 05:49 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22562740)
Low on Freon?

That could be an additional issue, but I don't think it's the main problem. The air handler is taking in and pushing out (not cold) air, but the fan on the outside unit isn't spinning up. I would think that the most likely problem is that the fan motor is burned out, but I haven't had a chance to do any troubleshooting. I don't know if I want to do any troubleshooting, it's gross and buggy out.

WhyFi 07-03-22 06:41 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22562779)
That could be an additional issue, but I don't think it's the main problem. The air handler is taking in and pushing out (not cold) air, but the fan on the outside unit isn't spinning up. I would think that the most likely problem is that the fan motor is burned out, but I haven't had a chance to do any troubleshooting. I don't know if I want to do any troubleshooting, it's gross and buggy out.

Ran out with a long-handled screw driver to reach through the grate and spin the blades - moving freely. Probably a bad cap, then, but I don't want to unscrew the panel and be a sitting duck for dusk mosquitos. :cry:

genejockey 07-03-22 06:46 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22562761)

$4 million worth of 1950s kitsch.

LesterOfPuppets 07-03-22 06:47 PM

ATTN: DougRNS

Report from PNC:


big john 07-03-22 07:20 PM

A friend of mine passed a couple years back and his wife gave away a lot of his bike stuff. Our club had a memorial ride and she was at the park where we went and had a ton of food for everyone. I think there were at least 50 riders, he was a member of the club before I was. I got some of his gels and packaged ride snacks but couldn't use any of his gear.

https://www.bing.com/images/blob?bcid=szv5kGA-AV0EWA

Mojo31 07-03-22 08:26 PM

Just watched Free Solo. Holy sheeeeet!

indyfabz 07-03-22 08:48 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22562737)
We change ours at 6 months, but they are the 4 thick type.

Mine is only 1. Guess size does matter.

gnome 07-03-22 09:24 PM

Had an enjoyable weekend tramping (hiking) and soaking in some natural hot pools. Nice easy walk. Lots of good food. Good company. It even was fairly mild for winter with only a light frost.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5b0ae6a54.jpeg

Mojo31 07-04-22 02:24 AM

Haven't seen this in a long time.

Wordle 380 2/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ls01 07-04-22 04:27 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22562324)
"Everyone needs a hobby?....that's all I got.."
Could be keeping him off the drink, or drugs.

That's pretty thin, but this is addiction...

ls01 07-04-22 04:29 AM


Originally Posted by 2manybikes (Post 22562412)
Who else us riding to a parade tomorrow?

I am, but only because that's where we start our ride before they start the parade.

ls01 07-04-22 04:30 AM


Originally Posted by Jack Tone (Post 22562224)
Got my Powerpod power meter to work. Don't know my own strength.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...794eca54fa.png

His legs must be huge....

ls01 07-04-22 04:37 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22562665)
Time to vent - apologies.

I mean, I know that my BIL is aggressively lazy, but muther ****. :mad:

The AC stopped working effectively overnight and my MIL asked him to check it out first thing in the morning. Before leaving for the day, I changed out the air filter, which still had my handwriting on it from when I changed it out... in Aug 2021.

We (wife and I and the kids) just got back from a day of being out and about on vacation to find the lazy **** laying on the couch, per usual. "Well, the fan's not spinning outside. I haven't checked the fuse out there, yet."

Why. The ****. Not? It's July in VA, you moron.

It took me 30 seconds to confirm that there is no ******g fuse and then another 60 seconds for my wife to call the heating/cooling company to find out that, hey - it's now after 5:00 and effectively the 4th, maybe we'll get back to you on Tuesday.

Lazy ******g ****.

did you turn it off and turn it back on?

t2p 07-04-22 04:40 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22562817)
Ran out with a long-handled screw driver to reach through the grate and spin the blades - moving freely. Probably a bad cap, then, but I don't want to unscrew the panel and be a sitting duck for dusk mosquitos. :cry:

if the outdoor unit is not spinning - and motor still good (?) - could be a bad capacitor

I don't know squat about HVAC - but have a few friends in the field so I've acquired a few tidbits

t2p 07-04-22 04:42 AM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0b3f95ab0.jpeg

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22563055)
His legs must be huge....


ls01 07-04-22 04:48 AM

Had a little run in with a rail road gate yesterday. We got stopped by the train so the arm was down. We went on the side walk as the train was ending. As I was passing the traffic control the guy behind me said "I'm on your right" so I moved left and got hit by the counter weight for the arm. Backs all scraped up and bruised hips sore. Knocked the wind out of me. I'm sore as crap this morning. Hopefully a hot shower will help. Must avoid in the future. Wish I saw who was passing me I'd have a couple words for him.

t2p 07-04-22 04:51 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4e246f200.jpeg

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22562832)

back in the day my little guy getting some outfield reps at PNC

t2p 07-04-22 04:59 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22562851)
A friend of mine passed a couple years back and his wife gave away a lot of his bike stuff. Our club had a memorial ride and she was at the park where we went and had a ton of food for everyone. I think there were at least 50 riders, he was a member of the club before I was. I got some of his gels and packaged ride snacks but couldn't use any of his gear.

https://www.bing.com/images/blob?bcid=szv5kGA-AV0EWA

memorial ride sounded like great tribute and good time

one of my close bike friends passed away within the past year ; he was a frame builder and had a shop at his house so he had a significant amount of component / parts and tools

some 'young guys' (lol) purchased majority of the frame build tools and related

LBS has been selling off much of his inventory on eBay

seedsbelize2 07-04-22 05:20 AM

Wordle 5/6
The business end of the weed eater flew apart Saturday... Which adds a trip to the city to my already busy schedule.

Trsnrtr 07-04-22 05:37 AM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22562956)
Had an enjoyable weekend tramping (hiking) and soaking in some natural hot pools. Nice easy walk. Lots of good food. Good company. It even was fairly mild for winter with only a light frost.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5b0ae6a54.jpeg

Beautiful, Symon. :thumb:

seedsbelize2 07-04-22 05:48 AM

When's the last time you've seen stars like that? Wow!
They must have more in the southern hemisphere. We didn't get that concentration even in the Belizean rainforest.

indyfabz 07-04-22 06:19 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22563043)
Haven't seen this in a long time.

Wordle 380 2/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same here, only different.

Wordle 380 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

rjones28 07-04-22 06:54 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22563067)
Had a little run in with a rail road gate yesterday. We got stopped by the train so the arm was down. We went on the side walk as the train was ending. As I was passing the traffic control the guy behind me said "I'm on your right" so I moved left and got hit by the counter weight for the arm. Backs all scraped up and bruised hips sore. Knocked the wind out of me. I'm sore as crap this morning. Hopefully a hot shower will help. Must avoid in the future. Wish I saw who was passing me I'd have a couple words for him.

It wasn't me.

Jack Tone 07-04-22 08:29 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22563055)
His legs must be huge....

Just a quick sprint past a yellow light.

Back when I lived in the Bay Area, I was riding in Portola Valley, and a guy in 7 Eleven kit was riding the other way about 20 mph sitting up, no handed. Turned out it was Eric Heiden. Talk about BIG legs!!

seedsbelize2 07-04-22 08:38 AM

Slow morning. Must be a bank holiday. I hope you all are relaxing marvelously. I have already run a few errands, on the town bike, and will soon head to the city on the bus. Ungodly humid this morning.
Aahhhh summertime


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.