Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Forum Suggestions & User Assistance (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Problem Resetting Password (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1234694)

grall1126 07-14-21 11:40 AM

Problem Resetting Password

I have been able to log in with the generated password from the system website. However, I am unable to generate my own password on the site. It keeps saying it's invalid all the time. I used a password with 6 characters, 10 characters etc. What am I missing?
Thanks

Iride01 07-14-21 04:26 PM

What's "the system" website? You mean you are using a password manager app or something like googles PW manager?

Usually when I use those suggested PW's and they get rejected by the site you are trying to sign up for or change PW's, it's because the suggested PW doesn't meet the requirements for a valid PW for that site. So you have to see what their PW requirements are.

Upper/lower case
Alphas only?
If special characters then what special characters are allowed?
Too many characters?

Some sites give you clues why a PW is invalid. Look all over the page. Sometimes you have to scroll up to see the error msg.

I don't know about this site, I don't work here. It likes my PW.

seedsbelize2 09-28-21 12:22 PM

I have been unable to change my password for years and years. I was a different user then. Long story.

holytrousers 10-19-21 05:48 PM

i'm having the same problem, reset the password, log in with the sent password, trying to change the password in the panel but it keeps saying invalid.
Iride01 : no, seems like there is a bug in BF code..

IBJoel 10-20-21 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by holytrousers (Post 22275930)
i'm having the same problem, reset the password, log in with the sent password, trying to change the password in the panel but it keeps saying invalid.
Iride01 : no, seems like there is a bug in BF code..

Is there any information regarding password requirements at the top of the page?

holytrousers 10-20-21 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 22276834)
Is there any information regarding password requirements at the top of the page?

Yes, and even though all the tickmarks get blue, still it says invalid.

IBJoel 10-21-21 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by holytrousers (Post 22276903)
Yes, and even though all the tickmarks get blue, still it says invalid.

Are you certain that your present password is filled-out correctly? Mine auto-filled, but was wrong.

holytrousers 10-21-21 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 22277842)
Are you certain that your present password is filled-out correctly? Mine auto-filled, but was wrong.

Using suckless' surf, no autocomplete here. The same password i logged in (that's the one sent in the recovery email, copy paste)

IBJoel 10-21-21 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by holytrousers (Post 22278208)
Using suckless' surf, no autocomplete here. The same password i logged in (that's the one sent in the recovery email, copy paste)

OK, I'll PM you. I may have to do a manual reset for you.

holytrousers 10-21-21 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 22278216)
OK, I'll PM you. I may have to do a manual reset for you.

holytrousers 10-21-21 08:52 PM

nop, still the same problem...

IBJoel 10-22-21 09:19 AM

Can you try using a different browser or incognito mode? I'm really stumped at this point.

holytrousers 10-22-21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 22279013)
Can you try using a different browser or incognito mode? I'm really stumped at this point.

i did actually, tried with brave and firefox and the same error : You have entered an invalid password.