Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Forum Suggestions & User Assistance (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   **Report issues with the June 21, 2016 BF software migration here** (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1069091)

IBobi 06-20-16 02:05 PM

**Report issues with the June 21, 2016 BF software migration here**

Please do NOT post here prior to the software migration; if you have something to report prior to the update, it doesn't belong here ;)

**EDIT**
The primary reason why the site looks different is because we went from using the vB 4.x.x platform to vB 3.x.x. My understanding is that this was done to improve stability, increase speed, and heighten security.

So please, let us limit the discussion in this thread to just bugs you may have found and let the techs focus on fixing those functionality issues.

IBobi 06-21-16 04:13 PM

Two issues have been reported:

1. Issues with attaching photos (to be fixed soon)
2. Issues with SEARCH -- to be fixed very soon!

IBobi 06-21-16 04:15 PM

Also SPY is coming!

IBxAnders 06-21-16 04:57 PM

Subscribed

joeyduck 06-21-16 04:59 PM

I miss the original post date in the title section.

The color separation of the Sticky and non sticky threads was nice.

IBobi 06-21-16 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by joeyduck (Post 18861064)
I miss the original post date in the title section.

The color separation of the Sticky and non sticky threads was nice.

I will ask about both of those. Personally I find the OP date very very useful.

AlexCyclistRoch 06-21-16 05:06 PM

Gee-that email dump was unexpected-60 emails to my box in 4 minutes!!!

IBobi 06-21-16 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by AlexCyclistRoch (Post 18861073)
Gee-that email dump was unexpected-60 emails to my box in 4 minutes!!!

Hopefully a 1-time thing ;)

If it keeps up please let us know. Should just be your normal load from here on.

joeyduck 06-21-16 05:26 PM

The go to first new post icon/link doesn't seem to be delivering me to the first post.

Rollfast 06-21-16 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 18861011)
Also SPY is coming!

What is SPY?

Is the Wobbulator fully engaged now and the Tardis in order?

We almost split in the time streams for a few minutes :)

IBobi 06-21-16 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rollfast (Post 18861097)
What is SPY?

Is the Wobbulator fully engaged now and the Tardis in order?

We almost split in the time streams for a few minutes :)

SPY (or iSPY) is a real-time plugin that lets you see new content without refreshing the screen. It flows up through the screen like movie credits.

Rollfast 06-21-16 05:36 PM

My profile and all that I filled in nine years ago is empty. Do I need to refill it or are you or will that cause problems?

Also, I don't give up but I'm waiting before I change stuff.

Rollfast 06-21-16 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 18861101)
SPY (or iSPY) is a real-time plugin that lets you see new content without refreshing the screen. It flows up through the screen like movie credits.

Not a fan of that tho. It's very distracting while you are trying to post. Learned this from previous forums and websites.

eschlwc 06-21-16 05:41 PM

where do we now view quotes?

Darth Lefty 06-21-16 05:43 PM

Looking good to me so far. I do wish that in the forum view, the sticky threads still had contrasting backgrounds. I'm sure I'll find more to complain about.

IBxAnders 06-21-16 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rollfast (Post 18861108)
My profile and all that I filled in nine years ago is empty. Do I need to refill it or are you or will that cause problems?

Also, I don't give up but I'm waiting before I change stuff.

Hi. Rollfast - def don't give up, we're looking into the report. Weird thing is - I do see this field data on other user's profiles - and I even checked the historical version - and it appears that yours was deleted/changed before the upgrade. It's empty from right before the upgrade. I checked further a few months/weeks and you do have data in there. If you want I can bring that data back for ya.

Rollfast 06-21-16 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by eschlwc (Post 18861127)

In that half a box above my response. As it was in the Olde Daze. Pre-history, like when I was busy failing Algebra.:D

That link still takes you there, if not a bit more quickly.

joeyduck 06-21-16 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by eschlwc (Post 18861127)

Ditto.

Rollfast 06-21-16 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by IBxAnders (Post 18861139)
Hi. Rollfast - def don't give up, we're looking into the report. Weird thing is - I do see this field data on other user's profiles - and I even checked the historical version - and it appears that yours was deleted/changed before the upgrade. It's empty from right before the upgrade. I checked further a few months/weeks and you do have data in there. If you want I can bring that data back for ya.

Well, I DID THAT, because I gave up. And I also killed my opus thread about Tempest in Alt. Bike Culture. Maybe if you'd kindly restore that if you could and remove the thread deletion option for the OP it would be nice.

I really can't believe that is still an option after 16 years, to be honest.

joeyduck 06-21-16 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rollfast (Post 18861148)
In that half a box above my response. As it was in the Olde Daze. Pre-history, like when I was busy failing Algebra.:D

That link still takes you there, if not a bit more quickly.

He was referring to quotes in the profile section.

Rollfast 06-21-16 05:52 PM

I'm not even certain that feature was available in vB3.x.x...and we're talking more than ten years ago.

tds101 06-21-16 05:53 PM

I rarely use my computer OR online hosting sites for my pictures. I use my Android devices, such as my phone(s) and tablet. Can you PLEASE allow posting of photos from a mobile device, WITHOUT having to upload from a URL??? It's frustrating, because I go for rides, or want to show off my latest junk, and it's impossible WITHOUT ANNOYING SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS. Especially since I'm out in the streets/woods/reeds/sand, and it's the time I'm able to post.

I had expected this to be allowed after the update.

Rollfast 06-21-16 05:54 PM

At one point I was trying to get on and got a ban notice, then everything started clearing up like teen acne...have no idea about all that.

tds101 06-21-16 05:56 PM

I'm having problems posting on chrome on my tablet & phone. I just lost a post.

I'm using Firefox on my Android tablet now instead,...

joeyduck 06-21-16 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rollfast (Post 18861167)
I'm not even certain that feature was available in vB3.x.x...and we're talking more than ten years ago.

Nope it was, there was a tab in the profile section to check post quotes, mentions, and tags.

I used it just last week.