Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

BillyD 01-13-22 09:04 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22372180)
Agree. We will all likely get it, but if we are vaxxed/boosted we should have mild illness.

This seems to be the consensus lately of many of the experts. Nonetheless I'm going to do everything I reasonably can to be the exception. I don't want that thing, period

I'm fortunate that I'm retired and don't really have to leave the house much, other than the occasional trip to the supermarket and a dentist appointment coming soon. I feel for you folks that have to be out and about amongst the negligent and the ignorant every day. :(

rjones28 01-13-22 09:05 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22372130)
So my next phase of "treatment," when mouse drugs stop working, will resemble this?


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ce7717d49b.jpg

How old are you here? And who took the picture?

BillyD 01-13-22 09:08 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22372130)
So my next phase of "treatment," when mouse drugs stop working, will resemble this?


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ce7717d49b.jpg

Before you proceed, spill a bucket of water on the floor where you'll be kneeling. Why go half way? :thumb:

BillyD 01-13-22 09:14 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22372252)
Wife has fever for day 2. Tried another dose of Viagra with no positive outcome. Clinical trial is over.

Be careful, spouses under duress have been known to lash out with vicious straight rights.

LAJ 01-13-22 09:14 AM

Go big. I suggest playing with the wall socket behind the electric dryer.

Mojo31 01-13-22 09:31 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22372278)
Be careful, spouses under duress have been known to lash out with vicious straight rights.

I just head to the office in those moments, and the door doesn't hit me in the ass as I do so.

genejockey 01-13-22 09:38 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22372278)
Be careful, spouses under duress have been known to lash out with vicious straight rights.

Straight rights? This ain't P&R, pal!

genejockey 01-13-22 09:40 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22372269)
Before you proceed, spill a bucket of water on the floor where you'll be kneeling. Why go half way? :thumb:

Just for the hell of it, mix some epsom salts in the water first. Tell your bandleader you're the new conductor.

Mojo31 01-13-22 09:45 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22372322)
Straight rights? This ain't P&R, pal!

My wife and I are both straight so such things don't bother us.

big john 01-13-22 09:45 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22372258)
There is a segment of Jeepers that name their cars, and write the name on a rubber duck. They keep a stock of the ducks inside the Jeep, and when they meet another Jeeper they exchange ducks. They display the ducks from other Jeepers on their dash board. It's weird.

No, I don't do that, but my wife got a duck from another Jeeper that we met at a lunch place a few years ago. It does not reside on the dash of our Jeep.

You might enjoy this.

datlas 01-13-22 10:06 AM

So yesterday's ride had a start temp of about 24 and end temp around 32. It was chilly but still a ton of fun.

For Saturday, they are predicting temps about 10-15 degrees F lower, so start temp about 14 (windchills 1F) and end temp around 18 (windchill 7F). I am not sure if I have enough HTFU left for that.

:twitchy:

bampilot06 01-13-22 10:10 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22372362)
so yesterday's ride had a start temp of about 24 and end temp around 32. It was chilly but still a ton of fun.

For saturday, they are predicting temps about 10-15 degrees f lower, so start temp about 14 (windchills 1f) and end temp around 18 (windchill 7f). I am not sure if i have enough htfu left for that.

:twitchy:


yolo.

Mojo31 01-13-22 10:10 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22372332)

Pretty nuts. I wonder why so many have a bag of Doritos in them.

bampilot06 01-13-22 10:13 AM

So this morning I had wool socks on, castelli toe thingys, bontrager booties, and then endura neoprene over shoes and my feet still started to get cold near the end.

Today it wasn’t even that cold.

indyfabz 01-13-22 10:16 AM

lplo

indyfabz 01-13-22 10:17 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22372362)
For Saturday, they are predicting temps about 10-15 degrees F lower, so start temp about 14 (windchills 1F) and end temp around 18 (windchill 7F). I am not sure if I have enough HTFU left for that.

:twitchy:

Don't do eeet.

big john 01-13-22 10:26 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22372371)
Pretty nuts. I wonder why so many have a bag of Doritos in them.

I was wondering the same but at the end he says Doritos is one of his sponsors.
I wonder how long until they are all sold.

seedsbelize2 01-13-22 10:37 AM

Well I've stalled as long as I can. I have no choice but to head uptown. I get to go by bike, so there's that.

bampilot06 01-13-22 10:48 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22372410)
Well I've stalled as long as I can. I have no choice but to head uptown. I get to go by bike, so there's that.


how far are you from guadalajara?

Mojo31 01-13-22 11:11 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22372392)
I was wondering the same but at the end he says Doritos is one of his sponsors.
I wonder how long until they are all sold.

I didn't watch till the end, but that would splain it.

DougRNS 01-13-22 11:12 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22372124)
There are neural control loops between immune organs, e.g., the spleen, and tissues, e.g., joint capsules, and the spinal cord, which influence local immune and inflammatory responses. These loops are, in turn, under the influence of brain systems. These mechanisms have been largely neglected by immunologists and rheumatologists because it's easier simply to flood the system with anti-inflammatory drugs or antibodies and block inflammation in the target tissues. It's not clear how clinically important these neural control systems are, but they might be a big deal.

I thought the vagal reflex could be used for some people to stop A Fib, which I have. Remember, this is me.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...080cc33609.jpg

DougRNS 01-13-22 11:16 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22372180)
Agree. We will all likely get it, but if we are vaxxed/boosted we should have mild illness.

I agree as a layman. Maybe we (society) should stop ragging on the anti Vax and mask people now. With Omicron it just doesn't matter.

I'm boosted so I'm good. :thumb:

DougRNS 01-13-22 11:17 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22372472)
I agree as a layman. Maybe we (society) should stop ragging on the anti Vax and mask people now. With Omicron it just doesn't matter.

I'm boosted so I'm good. :thumb:

well, except for post 1746 above.

datlas 01-13-22 11:20 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22372381)
Don't do eeet.

Probably won't. My limit these days is about 20F. Maybe a smidge lower if sunny and calm. Saturday will be windy and cloudy.

datlas 01-13-22 11:21 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22372472)
I agree as a layman. Maybe we (society) should stop ragging on the anti Vax and mask people now. With Omicron it just doesn't matter.

I'm boosted so I'm good. :thumb:

It does matter, though. Vaxxed people can expect a bad cold and very low risk of hospitalization. Unvaxxed still have a much higher rate of hospitalization. But lucky for them, a much higher rate is still relatively low.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.