Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Singlespeed & Fixed Gear (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   IRO help! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=212524)

esskay 07-20-06 01:48 PM

IRO help!

i know that there have been quite a few threads about this before, and I've tried to search for them but I don't think that the Search feature is working properly.

I have been trying to order from IRO for the past 2 days and no one has picked up the phone or returend my emails. I think it might be something I'm doing wrong. When I call it says to dial 20 for sales and then a long pause and then it says no one is picking up. Ive tried at 4 different times of the day to make sure it wasn't just because they were closed. I'm not trying to complain, I'm just very anxious because I've been saving for this bike for a very long time now. I would order online, but there are a few questions that I have and would like to be walked through the ordering process if possible. has anyone else had this problem? am i dialing incorrectly?

anyways, thanks!

timdoginc 07-20-06 02:03 PM

my friend says he's having the same luck. you can call both numbers, they're both tony. I'm not positive but it seems he's the only one who answers. I think one is his cell and the other is a land line. I'm sure he's extremely busy right now since it's summer and everybody and their mom seems to want a bike. chill out, be patient, try e-mailing (although he never answered any of mine), but I'm sure he's just way overloaded, so he's trying to finish the orders he has before he takes more.

haagar 07-20-06 02:14 PM

I called early last week with a question (the 10th or 11th) and he picked up. Then I ordered a bike (Jamie Roy) online Friday night. Over the weekend I decided that I wanted to upgrade to a carbon fork, so I called first thing Monday morning and got through with no problem. I called the 917 number both times.

ernest 07-20-06 02:20 PM

rob roy

I just got a rob roy delivered Monday that I'd ordered a couple of weeks ago. So he must have been around a week ago to finish putting it together and ship it.

geist 07-20-06 02:38 PM

And I thought it was just me. I've called about 100 times since Tuesday. Maybe he's on vacation? I'm just gonna keep on trying. Let me know if you get through. I'll do the same.

BlueBikeRider 07-20-06 03:49 PM

Tony@ Iro is pretty much a one man show. I know this week he was out in Michigan picking up some Velocity wheels for the bikes. Hence, the no answer to the phone. He'll be back soon enough in full swing.

crankstar 07-20-06 05:08 PM

why do people put up with this? there have been a few threads about this, dude sounds like a dick. why not have a answering machine telling you whats up.

chillywater 07-20-06 05:10 PM

Hope he picks up tommorow I plan on ordering a Angus.

Aeroplane 07-20-06 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by crankstar
why do people put up with this?

Because the dude puts out a solid product that he stands behind, and is otherwise an upstanding member of society. Sometimes you just can't get to the phone. Sometimes people go to the internet to overreact.

esskay 07-20-06 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Aeroplane
Because the dude puts out a solid product that he stands behind, and is otherwise an upstanding member of society. Sometimes you just can't get to the phone. Sometimes people go to the internet to overreact.

yeah, i totally understand that tony is a one man deal and i think it rules that he keeps up with all of this. Everyone says hes a quality individual and I'd rather wait and have good service than buy a bike from someone whos just trying to sell it quick to make a profit. I'm not trying to complain at all, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me and that I wasn't doing something incorrectly.

schnee 07-20-06 06:00 PM

He built me some custom wheels recently. He said it'd be two weeks before he shipped, and he got them out on time. The wheels are perfect. If you can hang with the wait time, then go for it. I'd make sure you're 100% certain what you want first, because he is hard to get in touch with and you may not be able to get a change to him before the thing is built and shipped.

dirtyphotons 07-20-06 06:18 PM

tony pulled my kitten from a burning building with a broken leg right after getting run over by a taxi minivan.

call him in a day or three.

jayrooney 07-20-06 08:02 PM

why do people put up with this? there have been a few threads about this, dude sounds like a dick. why not have a answering machine telling you whats up.

you sound like a dick.

zelah 07-21-06 08:20 AM

........sarah keane?

ernest 07-21-06 09:28 AM

I thought he hired someone, so he's technically not a one man show any more

queerpunk 07-21-06 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by ernest
I thought he hired someone, so he's technically not a one man show any more

i heard he built a robot out of old mark v pro frames, so while he's not alone, it's still technically a one man show. one man, and a small robot militia.

geist 07-21-06 10:52 AM

Ok. Just got through to Brandon. He was cool too. My Mark V is on the way!

matt_savvy 07-21-06 01:16 PM

I actually finally got IRO on the phone today...apparently recently their computer blew up so email's a problem. I dunno, keep on calling, that's what I did.

chillywater 07-21-06 02:11 PM

Just ordered my new bike (Jamie Roy-changed my mind last minute from the Angus) got through on first try. Can't wait!

esskay 07-21-06 02:15 PM

yayyyy!

ernest 07-21-06 02:22 PM

I was so excited when mine showed up I almost cried

esskay 07-21-06 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by tehz
........sarah keane?

yesss

highpants 07-21-06 04:35 PM

i have an incredible amount of respect for tony and i love my bike...

but the above poster, however harsh/reactionary, may have a point. sometimes us bike/punk types forget to take care of things like that, and voicemail isn't really that hard to operate.

i only mention it because i know tony reads these boards, and maybe if a good suggestion comes in a nicer package it will carry more weight. it would definitely improve business.

esskay 07-21-06 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by ernest
I was so excited when mine showed up I almost cried

:D
im sure this is exactly how i will feel.
a brand new bicycle to pedal! what a great feeling!

zelah 07-21-06 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by esskay
yesss

lol hi2u

i thought you were already fixt

or are you just getting a newone