Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

kissTheApex 07-18-20 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21594040)
It does have it's own reverb, but it's totally separate from everything else - it seems to sit after the effects loop. I've got a DL4 and an analog delay from my bass rig that I should be able to try, that's a good idea.

I love and hate how complicated this thing is, if I can find a good program to draw schematics again I'll post the signal chain. [b]There is some seriously weird stuff going on since my main distortion pedal is actually in the effects loop[\b] ;)

W.U.T.!? :wtf:

Blasphemy!

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21594084)
That's when you reply "yes, my ex-neighbors were angels too . . . but now I'm stuck with you people".

I should have worded it better, the lady that owned the house was claimed to have been an angel. Iíd actually believe that. She was a well known and respected theologian that lived in what is now our house with her three adopted children.

one of those children seems to frequent health care facilities and probably keeps giving her old address, so we keep getting bills followed by collections letters. Good thing we got rid of the landline, the calls were, letís just say tiring. :bang:

Velo Vol 07-18-20 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21594097)
80+ degrees for the rjones28 Family Bike Ride to the Farmers Market today.

#YearWithoutSummer

Got any pumpkins?

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21594107)
W.U.T.!?

wut

LesterOfPuppets 07-18-20 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21594101)
The cable routing is a mess.

+1. Internal throttle wire routing would help a lot!

BillyD 07-18-20 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21593941)
Not a guarantee. I can barely turn a screwdriver; all AG expects is for me to call the person who will (not coincidentally, that's what her dad does). My understanding is that there are other demographic groups like that.

I'm sure my Yankee farmer ancestors are turning over in their graves.

:lol:

I'm pretty damn handy but I've never had a plumbing teacher so I don't mess with it, my BIL took care of that.

BillyD 07-18-20 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21593963)
First ebikes, and now eWheelbarrows!!!!

What's this world coming to?

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...002cd3922d.jpg

I like the headlights, wonder if it has a radio...

... or for your environs, air conditioning.

rjones28 07-18-20 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21594111)
Got any pumpkins?

wut

Too soon.

indyfabz 07-18-20 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21594101)
The cable routing is a mess.

My motherís walker hand better cable routing.

MoAlpha 07-18-20 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21594096)
That was my normal too last time I rode regularly, maybe 25 on a frisky day.

Oh, nonononono. That's a TT distance. It takes me a good 150 mi/wk to train for that mess.

BillyD 07-18-20 12:25 PM

Oh.

Nevermind.

indyfabz 07-18-20 12:26 PM

One of the bartenders at my local posted a rant on Facebook about horrible behavior last night. (All outdoor seating with an ordering window jokingly called the ice cream truck.) Some people refusing to wear masks and distance. One guy threw money in his face and told to get him his effing drinks. Another group brought their own booze and ordered mixers. (Illegal in the city and something that can get the bartender fined.) They gave him crap when he confronted them. Some other guys got pissed off when told six packs are for takeaway only. (Also the law in the city.) Another group ordered $77 worth of lemon drop shots, gave him $80 and told him to keep the change.

People can be such a holes. This pandemic has really brought out the worst in some people.

Velo Vol 07-18-20 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21594137)
Too soon.

wut isn't too soon? Strawberries?

indyfabz 07-18-20 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21593110)
Monsieur King?

Yes. Not sure he was actually riding, but he was traveling with the event, hanging out with his posse drinking coffee and showcasing his wares. Cycle Oregon is a bit like a circus/festival. That year was the 20th anniversary, so it as a big to do. But it does raise money for state causes and tries to promote state businesses and tourism. Great time if you can deal with riding and camping with some 2,000 close strangers. Joan Benoit (first Women's Olympic Marathon gold medalist) rode the event that year.

bampilot06 07-18-20 01:13 PM

Well the house was disappointing. The fire place was cracked, and upon further inspection a massive root has caused the fire place to seperate allowing water into the house. Almost all of the ceilings had water damage. The floors all needed to be replaced, really disappointing.

Bah Humbug 07-18-20 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21594152)
Oh, nonononono. That's a TT distance. It takes me a good 150 mi/wk to train for that mess.

Like running 50mpw to train for a 5k. To do it right, anyway.

Bah Humbug 07-18-20 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21594201)
Well the house was disappointing. The fire place was cracked, and upon further inspection a massive root has caused the fire place to seperate allowing water into the house. Almost all of the ceilings had water damage. The floors all needed to be replaced, really disappointing.

Ouch. At least you didn't put in a sight-unseen offer.

abshipp 07-18-20 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21594107)
W.U.T.!? :wtf:

Blasphemy!

My distortion pedal is an AMT P2, it essentially emulates a full 5150, preamp and all. Since I wanted to use the Valveking preamp for my cleans, I built a switching box that routes my guitar -> pre-amp effects like the POG and Rat to either the Valveking or to the P2. The output of the P2 is wired parallel to the effect loop send, so I can still get the delay and reverb after the P2 output. If I don't want the P2 in the signal then the switching box sends the signal into the Valveking input.

Hope that makes sense!

kissTheApex 07-18-20 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21594157)
One of the bartenders at my local posted a rant on Facebook about horrible behavior last night. (All outdoor seating with an ordering window jokingly called the ice cream truck.) Some people refusing to wear masks and distance. One guy threw money in his face and told to get him his effing drinks. Another group brought their own booze and ordered mixers. (Illegal in the city and something that can get the bartender fined.) They gave him crap when he confronted them. Some other guys got pissed off when told six packs are for takeaway only. (Also the law in the city.) Another group ordered $77 worth of lemon drop shots, gave him $80 and told him to keep the change.

People can be such a holes. This pandemic has really brought out the worst in some people.

smfh.

We’re the dominant species on the planet because we’re such a holes I guess. I think the planet might be ready for a meteor and a reset.

kissTheApex 07-18-20 01:20 PM

Thatís nucking futs!

kissTheApex 07-18-20 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21594205)

Hope that makes sense!

Not only does it makes sense, but itís absolutely brilliant! :eek:

I honestly wouldnít have thought about that. But now that you opened my eyes... :innocent:

Bah Humbug 07-18-20 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21594205)

My distortion pedal is an AMT P2, it essentially emulates a full 5150, preamp and all. Since I wanted to use the Valveking preamp for my cleans, I built a switching box that routes my guitar -> pre-amp effects like the POG and Rat to either the Valveking or to the P2. The output of the P2 is wired parallel to the effect loop send, so I can still get the delay and reverb after the P2 output. If I don't want the P2 in the signal then the switching box sends the signal into the Valveking input.

Hope that makes sense!

Been a long time since there was guitar talk like this here. Il Papa would approve.

DougRNS 07-18-20 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21593678)
I just noticed that my long-awaited cycling order from Taiwan is marked to ship to my previous address. Facepalm.

They're sending it to Sharpsville?

Velo Vol 07-18-20 01:46 PM

I learned about this during my infusions (for some reason doctor offices love HGTV). It's called fixer-upper. You buy a house for $70,000, then spend $150,000 fixing it. All the cool kids are doing it these days.

Trsnrtr 07-18-20 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21594111)
Got any pumpkins?

wut

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a836384ce.jpeg

Soon!

rjones28 07-18-20 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21594175)
wut isn't too soon? Strawberries?

There were blueberries and cherries at the farmers market today. Strawberry season is over here. We had those a couple of weeks ago.

Velo Vol 07-18-20 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21594274)
Soon!

Look at those huge leaves.

There's no crops to speak of around here (within cycling distance) other than grass/hay. It's kind of a bummer.