Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

big john 04-10-20 07:07 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21411900)
Which one of you is Click and which is Clack?

Harry Shearer had a thing called "Karzai Talk" on his show on radio.

Bah Humbug 04-10-20 07:13 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 21411937)
Harry Shearer had a thing called "Karzai Talk" on his show on radio.

How many people in this thread know Karzai's first name or significance without looking it up?

I suppose I'm assuming there's only really the one who can just go by Karzai.

big john 04-10-20 07:23 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21411943)
How many people in this thread know Karzai's first name or significance without looking it up?

I suppose I'm assuming there's only really the one who can just go by Karzai.

There were two brothers.

https://harryshearer.com/le-shows/oc...-2019/#t=38:03

seedsbelize 04-10-20 07:41 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21411943)
How many people in this thread know Karzai's first name or significance without looking it up?

I suppose I'm assuming there's only really the one who can just go by Karzai.

Bert

big john 04-10-20 07:49 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21411986)
Bert

Ernie.

MoAlpha 04-10-20 08:07 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21411905)
Those guys were dangerous.

We used to take our cars to Ray when we lived in the Boston area. The shop was near MIT where my (now) wife was in grad school.

MoAlpha 04-10-20 08:09 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21411943)
How many people in this thread know Karzai's first name or significance without looking it up?

I suppose I'm assuming there's only really the one who can just go by Karzai.

Hamid. President of Afghanistan. I have had takeout from his brother's restaurant in Baltimore. Good.

rjones28 04-10-20 10:21 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21411756)
There's so much interesting there besides the headgear. Powertap (factory) wheels, Di2, Gatorskins, all on a Raleigh. I think that may be the only time I've seen Powertap wheels out in the wild.

Blue Solo cup on the aero bar is the best part of that set up.

ls01 04-10-20 10:54 PM

What is the pvc contraption on his head?

Velo Vol 04-11-20 03:09 AM

I slept almost four hours flat on my back, like a savage.

Neck feels a bit better, though.

LesterOfPuppets 04-11-20 03:15 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21412200)
What is the pvc contraption on his head?

I think it's just framework for the chin support sling. Would be nice if it had a mister system also :)

Pirkaus 04-11-20 04:25 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21411773)
On a more personal level, my small organization had been in discussion with a HUGE "partner" and previous to the current crisis, the consensus was to stay small and lean.

Now that my financially imprudent partners have lost a big chunk of change and are askeered, they have changed their mind and it's looking likely the group will sell out.

Sad. Very Sad.

No one wants to stay the course, and not give the rebound to the HUGE guy?
Happy belated Birthday :bday:

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21411814)
Still sounds like a BCM but I really can't help from here, if I was still at the job I could talk to the guy who do that stuff all day. One thing I do sometimes is test the voltage on different fuses related to the circuits in question. If you get low voltage on a fuse that could be a clue, like 8 or 9 volts and the others are 12. Try to find grounds and make sure they're good.

We had a random (1 to 10 minutes)low rail pressure and fuel pump low voltage codes this week, fuel pump 10 amp fuse with cracked filament. Continuity test of fuse ok, initial start 25.6 VDC, then dropped to@11 VDC, after random amount of time . Replace $.05 fuse, clear code problem gone, 6 hours of diagnostics :mad:, oh what fun.

MoAlpha 04-11-20 06:18 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21411773)
On a more personal level, my small organization had been in discussion with a HUGE "partner" and previous to the current crisis, the consensus was to stay small and lean.

Now that my financially imprudent partners have lost a big chunk of change and are askeered, they have changed their mind and it's looking likely the group will sell out.

Sad. Very Sad.

Oh, boy. Sorry to hear. Financially imprudent people are a big risk. I donít imagine Big Health is paying exactly top dollar right now.

On another issue, long-suffering spouse is attributing her ectopic beats, at least in part, to loratidine, which she recently started. Smart cookie.

datlas 04-11-20 06:26 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21412360)
Oh, boy. Sorry to hear. Financially imprudent people are a big risk. I donít imagine Big Health is paying exactly top dollar right now.

On another issue, long-suffering spouse is attributing her ectopic beats, at least in part, to loratidine, which she recently started. Smart cookie.

If itís Claritin-D, I agree. Plain loratidine should not do it.

datlas 04-11-20 06:27 AM

I am planning to do a fake ride this morning and real ride this afternoon. Would like to ride my age in 100% real miles but may have to settle for a mixture.

datlas 04-11-20 06:30 AM

In other news, we have to make final decision for daughter 2 college by the end of the month. My wife and I have accepted that although it’s pricey, we are willing to accept NYU. USC is still possible but distance makes us less comfortable with that option, even though it’s arguably the best school for film and the best school for “student experience.”

Trsnrtr 04-11-20 06:45 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21411861)
its been months since I have indulged. Heck with it. Brb

Like I keep telling my wife, we need not to beat up on ourselves during these troubled times and we have to do whatever it takes to mentally get through this even if that means a little ice cream or talking about cars, go for it.

Just don’t eat a 6 oz. bag of Fritos or a 6 oz. bag of crunchy Cheetohs like I know some short dumpy guy did this week. :innocent:

Trsnrtr 04-11-20 06:46 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21411877)
You need a MyPillow

or two...

Trsnrtr 04-11-20 06:48 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21412371)
I am planning to do a fake ride this morning and real ride this afternoon. Would like to ride my age in 100% real miles but may have to settle for a mixture.

Iím never going to podium if you guys donít scrap those inside devices.

MoAlpha 04-11-20 06:51 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21412368)
If itís Claritin-D, I agree. Plain loratidine should not do it.

Reported in literature as a side effect, but thatís all I know.

seedsbelize 04-11-20 06:51 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21411863)
My vertebrae problems may come (my younger sister already had neck surgery), but this is pretty clearly a muscle pain.

It occurs to me this is a hard muscle to "rest." Even when I lay down it doesn't seem completely relaxed.

Laying on my back, without my head propped up was the most painful position. For months. The osteopath found the topmost vertebra to be out.

seedsbelize 04-11-20 06:52 AM

:bday: datlas

WhyFi 04-11-20 06:54 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21412396)
Iím never going to podium if you guys donít scrap those inside devices.

Ditto, though I haven't been able to get out that much, regardless.

The plan is to get in a decent ride today, because it ain't happenin' tomorrow - the hourly forecast calls for 34į and a 100% chance of snow.... FROM 7AM TO 7PM. :notamused:

We have also decided to move our Quarantine Egg Hunt from the back yard to inside. Sorry kiddos.

rjones28 04-11-20 06:54 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21412392)
Like I keep telling my wife, we need not to beat up on ourselves during these troubled times and we have to do whatever it takes to mentally get through this even if that means a little ice cream or talking about cars, go for it.

Just donít eat a 6 oz. bag of Fritos or a 6 oz. bag of crunchy Cheetohs like I know some short dumpy guy did this week. :innocent:

Why would you have something like that laying around?

MoAlpha 04-11-20 07:03 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21411863)
My vertebrae problems may come (my younger sister already had neck surgery), but this is pretty clearly a muscle pain.

It occurs to me this is a hard muscle to "rest." Even when I lay down it doesn't seem completely relaxed.

Heat, brother, heat, and more heat. Get a microwaveable clay bead pack at the drugstore. You can also look, up supported neck stretches and do them GENTLY. Then, there are other home remedies to try if that don’t help.

Don’t worry about surgery.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.