Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

ls01 11-10-21 05:01 AM

6 weeks. I have been skipping dinner for 6 weeks. Pants are finally getting looser in the waist. I haven't had a beer since Oct 21st after the Thursday night ride. 6 months to go till spring.

MoAlpha 11-10-21 06:08 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22302117)
Taking it in a different direction, I imagine if there's an imagery database for research, the way I think there is for genetic sequencing, that would have grown an impressive amount in the last two years.

There are several and yes, theyíve grown a lot.

datlas 11-10-21 06:18 AM

Time to ride. Sweater Gilet weather.

datlas 11-10-21 06:19 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22302117)
Taking it in a different direction, I imagine if there's an imagery database for research, the way I think there is for genetic sequencing, that would have grown an impressive amount in the last two years.

Data <> Understanding

indyfabz 11-10-21 08:04 AM

We hit 70 yesterday. High 60s forecast for today. But it's not going to last long.

Velo Vol 11-10-21 08:34 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22302354)
Data <> Understanding

First comes data, then comes understanding.

seedsbelize2 11-10-21 08:46 AM


I awoke with this song playing in my head. It will replace that Bonnie Raitt tune as today's earworm. I might just take the time to listen to the entire album. It's a good one.

Mojo31 11-10-21 08:57 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22302112)
how much farther?

This says total trail is 18 miles: Explore Trinity River Trail | AllTrails

This one shows a lot more if you take some of the offshoots and go all the way to the lake: TRV 13529 Trail Map_9x12_toPrint (trwd.com)

Might also check out Champions Trail (there are two segments) which is closer to your hotel: Campion Trail Map - N MacArthur Blvd. to W. Hunter Ferrell Road | TrailLink Campion Trail - Google Maps

MoAlpha 11-10-21 09:25 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22302473)
First comes data, then comes understanding.

Then comes grammar.

Velo Vol 11-10-21 09:34 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22302561)
Then comes grammar.

^ ^ ^ ^

Needs more data

Velo Vol 11-10-21 09:46 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22302317)
Check the oil and make sure you didn't lose too much.

Observation: It doesn't take very much oil to generate a lot of smoke.

Mojo31 11-10-21 10:00 AM

I'll be looking out the plane window for your smoke signal.

bampilot06 11-10-21 10:02 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22302517)
This says total trail is 18 miles: Explore Trinity River Trail | AllTrails

This one shows a lot more if you take some of the offshoots and go all the way to the lake: TRV 13529 Trail Map_9x12_toPrint (trwd.com)

Might also check out Champions Trail (there are two segments) which is closer to your hotel: Campion Trail Map - N MacArthur Blvd. to W. Hunter Ferrell Road | TrailLink Campion Trail - Google Maps


Trek gave me a map, but it seems like that a lot of the trails arnt complete. So I rode to the end of the trinity trail yesterday. On the map itís suppose to keep going but it says on the map coming in 2021.

Unfortunately the map is focused on trails and doesnít do a good job with roads, so I have been having a hard time trying to connect all the paths.

I routed about a 15 mile loop using whyfi a heat maps and ride with GPS. Itís 15 miles on roads and then I could add 12 by accessing that trail.

Calling for rain and itís really windy today so will attempt it tomorrow. Yesterday the cars were fine, and the people at trek told me as long as I wasnít riding at rush hour I should have any problems. They recommended me to ride all the way to down town but I think I will just stay close, If I crash, or break I would rather have to hitch a short ride than a long one.

Mojo31 11-10-21 10:17 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22302613)
Trek gave me a map, but it seems like that a lot of the trails arnt complete. So I rode to the end of the trinity trail yesterday. On the map itís suppose to keep going but it says on the map coming in 2021.

Unfortunately the map is focused on trails and doesnít do a good job with roads, so I have been having a hard time trying to connect all the paths.

I routed about a 15 mile loop using whyfi a heat maps and ride with GPS. Itís 15 miles on roads and then I could add 12 by accessing that trail.

Calling for rain and itís really windy today so will attempt it tomorrow. Yesterday the cars were fine, and the people at trek told me as long as I wasnít riding at rush hour I should have any problems. They recommended me to ride all the way to down town but I think I will just stay close, If I crash, or break I would rather have to hitch a short ride than a long one.

Glad you're finding your way around.

I'm off to TN later today. Pray for me. ;)

genejockey 11-10-21 10:55 AM

So, I set off into the imaginary world of Watopia last night, with somewhat sore muscles, thinking I'd just do a Z2 ride. Then the first sprint appeared, so I gave it my all and got a new PR on it. Then I went back to being a good boy. But then I got to the base of a 0.56 mile climb, so I pushed up that, above FTP the whole way. Then I went back to being a good boy. Then there was that longer sprint, but I didn't go all out. Just mostly all out. Then there were these two guys who passed me at 2.8 W/kg while I was tooling along a 1.8W/kg. I let them get down the road a bit, then I chased them down, and rode with them for a few minutes. Then I let them get WAY ahead of me, and chased them down AGAIN. Then the ride was over.

I think I might have to actually use Erg mode to do a Z2 ride.

mvnsnd 11-10-21 11:09 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22302675)
So, I set off into the imaginary world of Watopia last night, with somewhat sore muscles, thinking I'd just do a Z2 ride. Then the first sprint appeared, so I gave it my all and got a new PR on it. Then I went back to being a good boy. But then I got to the base of a 0.56 mile climb, so I pushed up that, above FTP the whole way. Then I went back to being a good boy. Then there was that longer sprint, but I didn't go all out. Just mostly all out. Then there were these two guys who passed me at 2.8 W/kg while I was tooling along a 1.8W/kg. I let them get down the road a bit, then I chased them down, and rode with them for a few minutes. Then I let them get WAY ahead of me, and chased them down AGAIN. Then the ride was over.

I think I might have to actually use Erg mode to do a Z2 ride.

You wouldn't be alone in that. ;)

phrantic09 11-10-21 11:09 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22302675)
So, I set off into the imaginary world of Watopia last night, with somewhat sore muscles, thinking I'd just do a Z2 ride. Then the first sprint appeared, so I gave it my all and got a new PR on it. Then I went back to being a good boy. But then I got to the base of a 0.56 mile climb, so I pushed up that, above FTP the whole way. Then I went back to being a good boy. Then there was that longer sprint, but I didn't go all out. Just mostly all out. Then there were these two guys who passed me at 2.8 W/kg while I was tooling along a 1.8W/kg. I let them get down the road a bit, then I chased them down, and rode with them for a few minutes. Then I let them get WAY ahead of me, and chased them down AGAIN. Then the ride was over.

I think I might have to actually use Erg mode to do a Z2 ride.

I used a pace partner this AM that kept me pretty solidly in Z2

LesterOfPuppets 11-10-21 11:12 AM

Slept in today. Bagel for breakfast.


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...64459355b3.jpg

BillyD 11-10-21 11:18 AM

That looks pretty good, what's the white layer on the bottom? Doesn't really look like cream cheese.

LesterOfPuppets 11-10-21 11:26 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22302716)
That looks pretty good, what's the white layer on the bottom? Doesn't really look like cream cheese.

Yep, cream cheese.

WhyFi 11-10-21 11:38 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22302675)
So, I set off into the imaginary world of Watopia last night, with somewhat sore muscles, thinking I'd just do a Z2 ride. Then the first sprint appeared, so I gave it my all and got a new PR on it. Then I went back to being a good boy. But then I got to the base of a 0.56 mile climb, so I pushed up that, above FTP the whole way. Then I went back to being a good boy. Then there was that longer sprint, but I didn't go all out. Just mostly all out. Then there were these two guys who passed me at 2.8 W/kg while I was tooling along a 1.8W/kg. I let them get down the road a bit, then I chased them down, and rode with them for a few minutes. Then I let them get WAY ahead of me, and chased them down AGAIN. Then the ride was over.

I think I might have to actually use Erg mode to do a Z2 ride.


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22302696)
I used a pace partner this AM that kept me pretty solidly in Z2

+1 - this is what I was going to say.

Since dipping my toes in to Zwift's fake bike upgrades a week ago, I've been using the Pace Partners and the Drip Multiplier Game to farm more funds for upgrades. So far, the Pace Partners are the thing that I like most about Zwift. Just got done with one round with C Cadence, which is a nice pace to burn some calories and sweat a little, followed by one round with B Brevet, which is a little more challenging (mostly to not let my mind drift and get detached from the pack). To me, Pace Partners are way more interesting than just free riding and I'll probably do a fair amount of sitting in with those groups when I don't have anything in particular that I want to do for a given workout.

WhyFi 11-10-21 11:44 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22302747)
Since dipping my toes in to Zwift's fake bike upgrades a week ago, I've been using the Pace Partners and the Drip Multiplier Game to farm more funds for upgrades. So far, the Pace Partners are the thing that I like most about Zwift. Just got done with one round with C Cadence, which is a nice pace to burn some calories and sweat a little, followed by one round with B Brevet, which is a little more challenging (mostly to not let my mind drift and get detached from the pack). To me, Pace Partners are way more interesting than just free riding and I'll probably do a fair amount of sitting in with those groups when I don't have anything in particular that I want to do for a given workout.

Side note: over three days of these Zwift farming rides, I'm sitting at 97 fake miles in 4 hours flat. :roflmao2:

phrantic09 11-10-21 11:51 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22302747)
+1 - this is what I was going to say.

Since dipping my toes in to Zwift's fake bike upgrades a week ago, I've been using the Pace Partners and the Drip Multiplier Game to farm more funds for upgrades. So far, the Pace Partners are the thing that I like most about Zwift. Just got done with one round with C Cadence, which is a nice pace to burn some calories and sweat a little, followed by one round with B Brevet, which is a little more challenging (mostly to not let my mind drift and get detached from the pack). To me, Pace Partners are way more interesting than just free riding and I'll probably do a fair amount of sitting in with those groups when I don't have anything in particular that I want to do for a given workout.

Some of the group rides are fun, I did a few last year when I could actually hit the start time. But for just hopping on and riding, this is absolutely the least boring option

datlas 11-10-21 11:54 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22302473)
First comes data, then comes understanding.

First comes love
Then comes marriage
Then comes Velo Vol with a baby carriage

datlas 11-10-21 11:56 AM

We had a gloriously beautiful fall ride. The sun was bright and fall foliage is at peak color. There was one minor crash towards the end but otherwise a perfect fall ride.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.