Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

datlas 02-04-22 06:29 AM

I get the "visual migraines" sometimes too. Started around age 40, and they happen sporadically but often enough to be an occasional nuisance. Sometimes I have a funny headache afterwards and sometimes not.

datlas 02-04-22 06:51 AM

Hey big john forgive me for more questions about rides your way, but here is a route I got from the Pasadena Trek website, they have several posted. They "say" it's a road bike route but this route from Pasadena to Mt Wilson looks like much of it is on a trail or gravel. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32044357

I am guessing this one is a better one for Mt Wilson as it seems to be no gravel. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32007710

Comments? OK to PM me to minimize noise in this place.

bampilot06 02-04-22 06:52 AM

70 degrees this morning. I’m really tempted to ride but there are a few items to address.
1. I completely detailed my Cervelo last night, including scrubbing the wheels. Roads are wet.

2. It’s very very windy

3. It could start pouring at any moment.

But it’s 70 degrees………… Desicions.

bampilot06 02-04-22 06:59 AM

I can’t remember if I posted this or not. Two weeks ago my wife had the new car in a car wash. It was the type of car wash where the wheel is in the track and it pulls the car forward. While she was in the car wash, the car enfront of her popped off the track and came to a stop. She couldn’t see it becuase of all the machines and her car was pulled into the back of the car.

There was no damage to the other car but it crushed our grill on the brand new car. Police were called insurance was exchanged but the owner of the car wash was adamant that he was not at fault. “video evidence” shows our cars never touched, according to him. He wouldn’t let us see the footage.

Long story short we got a call last night that the car wash will pay to fix the damages.

datlas 02-04-22 07:06 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22398309)
70 degrees this morning. I’m really tempted to ride but there are a few items to address.
1. I completely detailed my Cervelo last night, including scrubbing the wheels. Roads are wet.

2. It’s very very windy

3. It could start pouring at any moment.

But it’s 70 degrees………… Desicions.

I would go for a ride. Don't you have a backup/beater bike to take if you are concerned about getting your jewels all messy??

seedsbelize2 02-04-22 07:07 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22398132)
datlas what do you say to patients, maybe special ones with issues, who ask about taking extra vitamin D or even getting tested for it?

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...019.02410/full

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNLsoK5RtE0

What's with that pic?

bampilot06 02-04-22 07:24 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22398320)
I would go for a ride. Don't you have a backup/beater bike to take if you are concerned about getting your jewels all messy??

cervelo is the back up bike.


Family decided to go to the disney store instead. We’re heading up to Moalpha territory.

Mojo31 02-04-22 07:34 AM

Going to have a sporty sail this morning. Wind and seas are up. Should be fun.

bampilot06 02-04-22 07:34 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22398332)
cervelo is the back up bike.


Family decided to go to the disney store instead. We’re heading up to Moalpha territory.


Apparently the disney store closed so now we’re back to square one.

bampilot06 02-04-22 08:02 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22398344)
Apparently the disney store closed so now we’re back to square one.

Disney store closed because they moved into the target next door, so plan is back on.

Mo have you ever been to A-1 cycles? Is it worth stopping by?

Velo Vol 02-04-22 08:06 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22398299)
I think it's too soon to put everyone on D supplements just yet.

I'm not asking about everyone. What about special patients who have chronic inflammation, anemia, are taking daily steroids, probable bone density issues, but otherwise are doing just fine? Is there likely a problem caused by ingesting 600 - 4,000 IU?

indyfabz 02-04-22 08:07 AM

Wordle 230 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Once again I had it narrowed down to 2 after 2 and picked the wrong one.

DougRNS 02-04-22 08:08 AM

The awesome Marigold jacket was $50
#Winning

Velo Vol 02-04-22 08:08 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22398323)
What's with that pic?

Watch the video and find out.

Velo Vol 02-04-22 08:09 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22398342)
Going to have a sporty sail this morning. Wind and seas are up. Should be fun.

I wouldn't do that.

datlas 02-04-22 08:18 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22398372)
I'm not asking about everyone. What about special patients who have chronic inflammation, anemia, are taking daily steroids, probable bone density issues, but otherwise are doing just fine? Is there likely a problem caused by ingesting 600 - 4,000 IU?

I think it's fine for you to take 1000 IU daily. Feel free to ask your nurse or witch doctor for a second opinion.

datlas 02-04-22 08:21 AM

"Before you share your next wordle score, remember this" from CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/03/opini...mer/index.html

I did today's in 3 guesses :innocent:

BillyD 02-04-22 08:27 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22398377)
I wouldn't do that.

We know.

LAJ 02-04-22 08:36 AM

Wordle 230 3/6

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

"And while that's not the worst way to think about the games we play, it does betray a puritanical streak in American culture: a sense that pleasure must be qualified, that fun must be intellectualized, that vice must be transformed into virtue."

This does not just apply to a silly online game. When sound advice is given, there now seems to be a rider to it... "Likely half the country will not follow this advice..." Virtue doesn't just apply to vice, in this new world. Advice must be somehow intellectualized, and those that don't accept it, no matter how trivial, are somehow made to feel "less".

It's a ******g game.

Velo Vol 02-04-22 08:44 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22398388)
I think it's fine for you to take 1000 IU daily. Feel free to ask your nurse or witch doctor for a second opinion.

Speaking of whom, this morning I got a message from them that they can't refill my MTX because "we don't have any recent labs."

Readers of this thread will recall that I was just there on Tuesday for 2+ hours for an infusion, during which time they could have easily done said labs.

Now I'm trying to send a report from the other place from October, hoping that will suffice.

She wanted me to FAX it to them, circa 1993.

THESE PEOPLE. SMH. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

datlas 02-04-22 08:44 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22398413)
Wordle 230 3/6

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

"And while that's not the worst way to think about the games we play, it does betray a puritanical streak in American culture: a sense that pleasure must be qualified, that fun must be intellectualized, that vice must be transformed into virtue."

This does not just apply to a silly online game. When sound advice is given, there now seems to be a rider to it... "Likely half the country will not follow this advice..." Virtue doesn't just apply to vice, in this new world. Advice must be somehow intellectualized, and those that don't accept it, no matter how trivial, are somehow made to feel "less".

It's a ******g game.

I was not aware that the New York Times refused to publish crossword puzzles for several decades because they thought they were lowbrow. The Times have/has changed.

ls01 02-04-22 08:47 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22398372)
I'm not asking about everyone. What about special patients who have chronic inflammation, anemia, are taking daily steroids, probable bone density issues, but otherwise are doing just fine? Is there likely a problem caused by ingesting 600 - 4,000 IU?

I take 5000 iu everyday.

Velo Vol 02-04-22 08:49 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22398427)
I take 5000 iu everyday.

Might explain your confusion.


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...beb9017aab.png

datlas 02-04-22 09:06 AM

I don't take any D. Not a big fan of supplements, except B12 if your are vegan.

Eric F 02-04-22 09:12 AM

Wordle 230 3/6

⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.