Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

genejockey 02-26-22 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22421864)
Just finished Stage 2 of Rapha Rising - I ******g hate Ventoux - and now watching Amazon tracking for my drill and driver kit :D

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

genejockey 02-26-22 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22421946)
Morning donut walk with mrs datlas. I think we ate more calories in donuts than we burned on the walk.

I thought that was the entire point of donuts.

genejockey 02-26-22 11:18 AM

So many Every one of my 'solve in 3' results are sheer luck.
Wordle 252 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 02-26-22 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22421995)
To quote Bob Seger, "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."

Bob Seger is god.

Trsnrtr 02-26-22 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22422021)
Bob Seger is god.

Reported for P&R

WhyFi 02-26-22 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22421997)
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

I mean, I've already paid for a bunch of Rapha kit, might as well score some free (fake) Rapha kit, amiright? Yeah, prolly not.

In any event, the Rapha Rising challenge aligned with efforts to chip away at the Tron, so there is that.

Trsnrtr 02-26-22 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22421906)
I'm gonna wait til tonight to watch it. #nospoilers :).

I promise that I'd never do that to you! Enjoy!

WhyFi 02-26-22 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22422044)
I mean, I've already paid for a bunch of Rapha kit, might as well score some free (fake) Rapha kit, amiright? Yeah, prolly not.

In any event, the Rapha Rising challenge aligned with efforts to chip away at the Tron, so there is that.

Speaking of fake Rapha kit, I saw someone on Zwift with some Rapha kit that I kinda liked. I looked it up and saw that it was the most recent Festive 500 kit. Seeing as I completed the Festive 500, I thought, "sweet! I'mma get me that kit!"

Then I found out that Rapha wasn't giving out kit unlock codes to people unless they'd a) completed the 500 and b) at least some of the 500 was ridden on Zwift. People like me, who completed the 500 entirely IRL, were SOL. Like, wtf? :notamused:

MoAlpha 02-26-22 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22422051)
Speaking of fake Rapha kit, I saw someone on Zwift with some Rapha kit that I kinda liked. I looked it up and saw that it was the most recent Festive 500 kit. Seeing as I completed the Festive 500, I thought, "sweet! I'mma get me that kit!"

Then I found out that Rapha wasn't giving out kit unlock codes to people unless they'd a) completed the 500 and b) at least some of the 500 was ridden on Zwift. People like me, who completed the 500 entirely IRL, were SOL. Like, wtf? :notamused:

Welcome to the metaverse.

Mojo31 02-26-22 12:28 PM

Lately, people have begun to follow me on Zwift - why, I don't know. The latest two are from Germany and Canada, two places where I don't know a soul. I don't follow anyone, I'm not cute, I don't engage with anyone while Zwifting, don't have impressive stats (perhaps even unimpressive stats), not a big Zwifter, don't have massive quads, and can't think of any other reason why I would be of interest to someone. Am I missing something? Is there some benefit to following strangers?

ofajen 02-26-22 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22421999)
So many Every one of my 'solve in 3' results are sheer luck.
Wordle 252 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It certainly is for me, too, the way I play.

First two words include the top ten letters based on dictionary frequency and unless I get all five, the third word continues down the list, but reaches down to round out the vowels.

So I pretty much play to get it in four, which turns out to be pretty common, hence:

Wordle 252 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Otto

bampilot06 02-26-22 12:56 PM

So the odds are Iíll be getting somewhere around 500-700 dollars in the near future. My plan when I first found out was to get a stages left arm for my cervelo, but I ran into my neighbor with the aluminum madone for sale, and now I am kind of torn on what to do. By the power meter or but the bike. The bike is meticulously kept, and itís pretty light, a better wheel set would help out. I do like bikes, and the price is right, but I also want a power meterÖÖ Decisions.

Did the red eye from vegas to new york. Want to talk about being mind fornicated. My body had no idea what time of day it was. Ended up being awake for like 32 hours, got to go home for 20 hours.

Did another session of 30/30 this morning . Reset my data on my head unit which helped out alot. When I set out this morning my goal target was 350 but after the first 3 seconds I uped to 375. This one felt a lot harder than the last one. I actually didnít do the last 30 seconds. My legs were done at that point.

bampilot06 02-26-22 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22422087)
Lately, people have begun to follow me on Zwift - why, I don't know. The latest two are from Germany and Canada, two places where I don't know a soul. I don't follow anyone, I'm not cute, I don't engage with anyone while Zwifting, don't have impressive stats (perhaps even unimpressive stats), not a big Zwifter, don't have massive quads, and can't think of any other reason why I would be of interest to someone. Am I missing something? Is there some benefit to following strangers?

I get random kudos from people on strava from different countries. Sometimes when I go look they have never done a single activity. Weird.

Mojo31 02-26-22 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22422114)
So the odds are Iíll be getting somewhere around 500-700 dollars in the near future. My plan when I first found out was to get a stages left arm for my cervelo, but I ran into my neighbor with the aluminum madone for sale, and now I am kind of torn on what to do. By the power meter or but the bike. The bike is meticulously kept, and itís pretty light, a better wheel set would help out. I do like bikes, and the price is right, but I also want a power meterÖÖ Decisions.

Did the red eye from vegas to new york. Want to talk about being mind fornicated. My body had no idea what time of day it was. Ended up being awake for like 32 hours, got to go home for 20 hours.

Did another session of 30/30 this morning . Reset my data on my head unit which helped out alot. When I set out this morning my goal target was 350 but after the first 3 seconds I uped to 375. This one felt a lot harder than the last one. I actually didnít do the last 30 seconds. My legs were done at that point.

Power meter!

You already have two nice bikes. That senior Madone is much like a senior Honda - not drool worthy.

Mojo31 02-26-22 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22422117)
I get random kudos from people on strava from different countries. Sometimes when I go look they have never done a single activity. Weird.

Weird, yes. Itís not like Iím worth stalking.

Mojo31 02-26-22 01:05 PM

Wife is at lunch with daughter’s future MIL. Seems MIL wants to talk about their expectations for the wedding. My wife is walking into a potential slaughter. 😂

rjones28 02-26-22 01:15 PM

Follow-backs.

Mojo31 02-26-22 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22422131)
Follow-backs.

Ainít happening!

genejockey 02-26-22 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22422044)

I tend to like plain kit IRL, and on Zwift, I want to be able to pick myself out of a crowd at a glance. Then you get on TdZ, or some other multi-ride event, and you're all in the same kit!

genejockey 02-26-22 01:42 PM

Reciprocal Thumbs. Not to be confused with opposable thumbs. Every time I get on Zwift, I get a couple thumbs from followers. I'm not good on thumb etiquette, so I'm probably committing faux pas's by not following followers.

Every Zwift even I do, I get a follow request or two. I always allow them, I ain't proud.

bampilot06 02-26-22 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22422120)
Power meter!

You already have two nice bikes. That senior Madone is much like a senior Honda - not drool worthy.

But N+4ÖÖ. I figure get the madone for racing and then trade/sell the cervelo for cycle cross bike.

but i do need a power meter, and someone is selling ďbrand newĒ garmin vector pedals for 575.00

Mojo31 02-26-22 01:44 PM

I do let the thumbs drop generously. I can't keep up with who's around me though.

genejockey 02-26-22 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22422117)

I wonder if they're like the random Facebook friend requests from apparently beautiful women I've never heard of, who have no mutual friends with me, and all their pics look professional?

I get Strava kudos after events, like group ride or a race. Rarely from just a ride on Zwift.

seedsbelize2 02-26-22 01:47 PM

Maybe they think you'll accidentally post your SSN.

genejockey 02-26-22 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22422120)
Power meter!

Might the senior Madone make a good race bike, though? Something you'd not cry over if you broke it in a crash?