Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

bampilot06 10-12-21 06:04 AM

need some plumber advice.

My shower drain keeps getting clogged up. Sometimes it works well for a week, and other times we might get one shower use before it stops draining properly. We have a cover over it to prevent hair or other clogging items to get in it.

Any idea what it could be? I’m buying draino once a week.

Trsnrtr 10-12-21 06:07 AM

[MENTION=107711]datlas[/MENTION] Congrats!

bampilot06 10-12-21 06:11 AM

congrats Datlas!

WhyFi 10-12-21 06:17 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22266917)
need some plumber advice.

My shower drain keeps getting clogged up. Sometimes it works well for a week, and other times we might get one shower use before it stops draining properly. We have a cover over it to prevent hair or other clogging items to get in it.

Any idea what it could be? I’m buying draino once a week.

Women hair.

Get a small drain snake and be ready to choke back the vomit when you see what you drag out of it.

bampilot06 10-12-21 06:20 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22266931)
Women hair.

Get a small drain snake and be ready to choke back the vomit when you see what you drag out of it.

sounds like a job for the other half, I am sure she will be thrilled.

datlas 10-12-21 06:21 AM

Wedding update: my sister confirms the "After party" is for people who wish to continue to celebrate after the reception is over.

We will skip it.

Oh, good news is that to attend wedding and after party, you have to be immunized and show proof.

Mojo31 10-12-21 06:24 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22266873)
at least she has her looks to fall back on. I've never made it all the way through that, to painful.

It's not painful if you turn sound off.

BillyD 10-12-21 06:28 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22266938)
Wedding update: my sister confirms the "After party" is for people who wish to continue to celebrate after the reception is over.

We will skip it.

They were just being family polite anyway. Believe me, they do not want any olds at their “real” party.

Mojo31 10-12-21 06:31 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22266911)
We have a wedding in Austin next month. Not sure about the after party, but I am somewhat leery of the whole enterprise, especially getting on an airplane with a bunch of Texans.

The plane won't be your problem since it'll be a bunch of yanks trying to get in on the way down, and a bunch of yanks getting kicked out on the way home.

Austin's cool. 180 degrees from the rest of the state. Let me know if you want some ideas of things to do, places to eat, etc.

bampilot06 10-12-21 06:37 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22266931)
Women hair.

Get a small drain snake and be ready to choke back the vomit when you see what you drag out of it.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a43b977a9.jpeg


whoever installed the drain cover went for a more permanent solution than practical.

MoAlpha 10-12-21 06:50 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22266917)
need some plumber advice.

My shower drain keeps getting clogged up. Sometimes it works well for a week, and other times we might get one shower use before it stops draining properly. We have a cover over it to prevent hair or other clogging items to get in it.

Any idea what it could be? I’m buying draino once a week.

Get rid of that strainer. Restricted flow allows clogs to form faster. Oh and get a snake if you don't have one.

MoAlpha 10-12-21 06:52 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22266950)
The plane won't be your problem since it'll be a bunch of yanks trying to get in on the way down, and a bunch of yanks getting kicked out on the way home.

Austin's cool. 180 degrees from the rest of the state. Let me know if you want some ideas of things to do, places to eat, etc.

Been there four or five times and I know it's different. Restaurant suggestions would be much appreciated!

LesterOfPuppets 10-12-21 06:58 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22266905)

Speaking of weddings, today is mrs datlas and my 30th anniversary. :bday: for us

Kudos!!!

indyfabz 10-12-21 07:03 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22266905)
but since when did a wedding after party become a thing??

Speaking of weddings, today is mrs datlas and my 30th anniversary. :bday: for us

I have not attended many weddings, but I did go to one with an after party back around 2004. There was one of those chartered mini-busses to take us back to the city from the weeding. Went back to the groom's house an partied pretty late.

Where did you two go to dinner last weekend?

Velo Vol 10-12-21 07:08 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22266905)
Speaking of weddings, today is mrs datlas and my 30th anniversary. :bday: for us

Celebrate with one of these:


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2687b7705.jpeg

Mojo31 10-12-21 07:17 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22266967)
Been there four or five times and I know it's different. Restaurant suggestions would be much appreciated!

Where are you staying and will you have a car? Also, any preferences for food types other than Mexican and BBQ?

Mojo31 10-12-21 07:20 AM

Texas even more unhinged: Gov. Greg Abbott Issues Executive Order Banning Vaccine Mandates By Any Entity (msn.com)

All I can say is that I'm glad that I don't have any employees other than me and the Mrs.

datlas 10-12-21 07:22 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22266980)
I have not attended many weddings, but I did go to one with an after party back around 2004. There was one of those chartered mini-busses to take us back to the city from the weeding. Went back to the groom's house an partied pretty late.

Where did you two go to dinner last weekend?

We went to "The Love" and ate outdoors. It was good.

datlas 10-12-21 07:24 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22266954)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a43b977a9.jpeg


whoever installed the drain cover went for a more permanent solution than practical.

Start with one of these:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0ae34ffbed.jpg

MoAlpha 10-12-21 07:26 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22267001)
Where are you staying and will you have a car? Also, any preferences for food types other than Mexican and BBQ?

We will have a car, but don't know where we're staying. "Real" (not Tex Mex) Mexican would be my preference, but my brother is from NYC where air laws forbid BBQ, so we're open to both or any other unique alternative.

E

Mojo31 10-12-21 08:05 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22267019)
We will have a car, but don't know where we're staying. "Real" (not Tex Mex) Mexican would be my preference, but my brother is from NYC where air laws forbid BBQ, so we're open to both or any other unique alternative.

E

BBQ:

1. Franklin's is the gold standard for brisket. But, you have to get there early in the day and stand in line for hours, and then hope they don't run out. Due to the lines, I've only been once, but I use his methods when smoking brisket at home, and people rave about it. The guy is a legend. Home - Franklin Barbecue (franklinbbq.com)

2. La Barbecue on East Ceasar Chavez is the next best thing to Franklin's. Menu — la Barbecue

Mexican:

Guero's Taco Bar - yes it's TexMex, but it's a great place. Güero's Taco Bar – Austin's Best Mexican Food (gueros.com)

Manuel's Downtown - regional Mexican, and one of my favorites. Check to make sure it's open. Last time I was there, the downtown location was closed due to Covid. They have a second location in the hills, but I haven't been to it. Home - Manuel's (manuels.com)

La Condesa - one of my favorites downtown. Great Sunday brunch. La Condesa

Other with a regional flavor:

Odd Duck - used to be a food truck that outgrew its wheels. They used locally sourced food items, so the menu can change. Great Old Fashioned. A Place to Share Food, Drink & Hospitality - Odd Duck (oddduckaustin.com)

Hestia - lots of stuff cooked over a live fire ranging from steak to pork to fish. Hestia (hestiaaustin.com)

Breakfast:

Mozart's - great bakery, coffee and breakfast tacos. College kid hangout, but for a reason since it is on the water and very tranquil. Mozart's Coffee Roasters | Coffee, Desserts, Custom Cakes (mozartscoffee.com)

Lunch:

Hopdoddy's on South Congress - Great burgers, and located in a great area to stroll around for an hour or so.

You might just try Jewboy Burgers! I kid you not - that's the name of the place. Owned by a Jewish guy named Mo who had a traditional Reform Jewish upbringing. I haven't been because it's off our usual path, but I've heard lots of good things. Home - (jewboyburgers.com)

There are plenty more, but I tried to stay away from the chains and tried to keep you close to downtown.

If you want some LMAO entertainment that completely mocks Texas and its leaders with no shame, check out Esther's Follies. Esther's Follies | Comedy & Magic | Austin, TX (esthersfollies.com)

MoAlpha 10-12-21 08:07 AM

Thanks! Been to Gueros. It's very good, as I remember.


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22267061)
BBQ:

1. Franklin's is the gold standard for brisket. But, you have to get there early in the day and stand in line for hours, and then hope they don't run out. Due to the lines, I've only been once, but I use his methods when smoking brisket at home, and people rave about it. The guy is a legend. Home - Franklin Barbecue (franklinbbq.com)

2. La Barbecue on East Ceasar Chavez is the next best thing to Franklin's. Menu — la Barbecue

Mexican:

Guero's Taco Bar - yes it's TexMex, but it's a great place. Güero's Taco Bar – Austin's Best Mexican Food (gueros.com)

Manuel's Downtown - regional Mexican, and one of my favorites. Check to make sure it's open. Last time I was there, the downtown location was closed due to Covid. They have a second location in the hills, but I haven't been to it. Home - Manuel's (manuels.com)

La Condesa - one of my favorites downtown. Great Sunday brunch. La Condesa

Other with a regional flavor:

Odd Duck - used to be a food truck that outgrew its wheels. They used locally sourced food items, so the menu can change. Great Old Fashioned. A Place to Share Food, Drink & Hospitality - Odd Duck (oddduckaustin.com)

Hestia - lots of stuff cooked over a live fire ranging from steak to pork to fish. Hestia (hestiaaustin.com)

Breakfast:

Mozart's - great bakery, coffee and breakfast tacos. College kid hangout, but for a reason since it is on the water and very tranquil. Mozart's Coffee Roasters | Coffee, Desserts, Custom Cakes (mozartscoffee.com)

Lunch:

Hopdoddy's on South Congress - Great burgers, and located in a great area to stroll around for an hour or so.

You might just try Jewboy Burgers! I kid you not - that's the name of the place. Owned by a Jewish guy named Mo who had a traditional Reform Jewish upbringing. I haven't been because it's off our usual path, but I've heard lots of good things. Home - (jewboyburgers.com)

There are plenty more, but I tried to stay away from the chains and tried to keep you close to downtown.

If you want some LMAO entertainment that completely mocks Texas and its leaders with no shame, check out Esther's Follies. Esther's Follies | Comedy & Magic | Austin, TX (esthersfollies.com)


seedsbelize2 10-12-21 08:26 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22267014)

A spoke also works well.

seedsbelize2 10-12-21 08:30 AM

Congrats datlas

seedsbelize2 10-12-21 08:32 AM

Time to ride. Actually it's late, but my phone charger wasn't fully plugged into the wall earlier/


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.