Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Mojo31 01-11-22 09:22 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22369557)
I need to tell my wife, my sign on is burning a hole in my pocket

You should. And, you can even tell her that I said that's just the way it should be and the way it's going to be.

seedsbelize2 01-11-22 09:25 AM

Forecast is fot the coldest week of the year. Your weather must be sliding south.

bampilot06 01-11-22 09:26 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369589)
That is one thing I'm glad I've never experienced. I mean, WTF**********


I havnt figured out how to blow snot rockets while wearing the mask. My head felt physically lighter after the monstrosity left my face.


BTW mojo, took your sock advice. Everything was nice and warm.

Mojo31 01-11-22 09:29 AM

Bad juju happens when driving a senior Honda: Woman rear-ends car on Highway 1 then walks over to cliff and falls into ocean: CHP (ksbw.com)

Mojo31 01-11-22 09:30 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22369603)
I havnt figured out how to blow snot rockets while wearing the mask. My head felt physically lighter after the monstrosity left my face.


BTW mojo, took your sock advice. Everything was nice and warm.

You know, I've never had to blow a snot rocket while riding.

Glad you were able to keep the little guy warm!

LAJ 01-11-22 10:00 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22369542)

It's a fun thing. Day two for me.

Wordle 206 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric F 01-11-22 10:13 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369607)

If the woman is unidentified, how do they know how old she is?

Mojo31 01-11-22 10:29 AM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22369666)
If the woman is unidentified, how do they know how old she is?

I think they figured it out using this formula: The time of the auto-to-auto impact divided by the distance to the cliff multiplied by the rate of the gravitational pull on her body plus the coefficient of friction as determined by her body mass and adding the height of the cliff and then discounting by 30% if she was blonde.

Or, they could have looked at her driver's license.

bampilot06 01-11-22 10:30 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369611)
You know, I've never had to blow a snot rocket while riding.

Glad you were able to keep the little guy warm!


Even when itís not cold my nose starts to run. But it is def worse in the winter for sure.

Eric F 01-11-22 10:34 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369695)
I think they figured it out using this formula: The time of the auto-to-auto impact divided by the distance to the cliff multiplied by the rate of the gravitational pull on her body plus the coefficient of friction as determined by her body mass and adding the height of the cliff and then discounting by 30% if she was blonde.

Or, they could have looked at her driver's license.

That would mean she was no longer "unidentified".

big john 01-11-22 10:44 AM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22369703)
That would mean she was no longer "unidentified".

The weird part is the end of it, helocopter pulled her body from the ocean. Huh?

Did you see the plane crash on the RR tracks and the cops pulled the guy out just seconds before a train came? A few miles from here.
Downed plane hit by train in LA after pilot freed (yahoo.com)

Mojo31 01-11-22 10:47 AM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22369703)
That would mean she was no longer "unidentified".

The probably used the formula then. Math doesn't lie.

Eric F 01-11-22 10:55 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22369720)
The weird part is the end of it, helocopter pulled her body from the ocean. Huh?

Did you see the plane crash on the RR tracks and the cops pulled the guy out just seconds before a train came? A few miles from here.
Downed plane hit by train in LA after pilot freed (yahoo.com)

It seems she fell/jumped into the ocean and died. There's definitely a lot more to that story.

Holy moly! It was not that pilot's day to die. However, I think his plane is going to need a few repairs.

Velo Vol 01-11-22 11:00 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22369542)

Stop.

rjones28 01-11-22 11:05 AM

Midday walk complete. Zero degrees F, but the sun is out.

Archive photo featuring the boots.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6e9033fcc1.png

Velo Vol 01-11-22 11:09 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22369745)
Midday walk complete. Zero degrees F, but the sun is out.

Two degrees here. Sun status irrelevant.

Eric F 01-11-22 11:12 AM

Blue skies with an expected high of 74 today. So Cal winters are rough.

rjones28 01-11-22 11:21 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22369754)
Two degrees here. Sun status irrelevant.

Not to Benson.

genejockey 01-11-22 11:27 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369611)
You know, I've never had to blow a snot rocket while riding.

Glad you were able to keep the little guy warm!

Lucky you! Me, my nose starts running as soon as the temp drops below 60. This is why I chose to be tailgunner on last Saturday's C&V ride - then I got pressed into taking point on one segment when the youngest guy gave up on what is essentially 2.5 miles of 1.5%. So there I was on the front, pulling, with my nose running, unable to courteously clear my nostrils. One can only wipe so much.

genejockey 01-11-22 11:28 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369695)
I think they figured it out using this formula: The time of the auto-to-auto impact divided by the distance to the cliff multiplied by the rate of the gravitational pull on her body plus the coefficient of friction as determined by her body mass and adding the height of the cliff and then discounting by 30% if she was blonde.

Or, they could have looked at her driver's license.

Or looked up the registration from her license plate - the CAR didn't go over the cliff, right?

bampilot06 01-11-22 11:29 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369695)
I think they figured it out using this formula: The time of the auto-to-auto impact divided by the distance to the cliff multiplied by the rate of the gravitational pull on her body plus the coefficient of friction as determined by her body mass and adding the height of the cliff and then discounting by 30% if she was blonde.

Or, they could have looked at her driver's license.


Sounds legit. If I ever go missing off a cliff can you represent me?

genejockey 01-11-22 11:31 AM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22369760)
Blue skies with an expected high of 74 today. So Cal winters are rough.

It was terrible in NorCal this morning. 47 degrees. The car windows were all covered in dew. I had to clear them off before I could see to drive. Took at least 5 minutes for the heater to get too warm so I had to turn it down.

genejockey 01-11-22 11:38 AM

Thanks for the compliments on the Litespeed! It does LOOK nice! Not thrilled with the performance of the 27 year old Sachs Ergo levers, however. I'm having a hell of a time getting them to shift into the largest cog. It's a balance between tension and limit screw. Obviously I don't want to toss the chain into the spokes, but I do want to be able to use the 25. Also, I now remember why I hate triples - all my doubles, the chain climbs to the big ring or drops to the small ring without issues, but this one requires overshifting. I'm pretty sure I've got the alignment and height set correctly. So, I'm debating going for the Ultimate (haha) build earlier than planned, or possibly Interim Build #2, using the 7410 Dura Ace brakes, STIs, and RD. I'd still have to source BB, cranks, and FD, but it will be cheaper than the 6800/8000 Ultegra build I plan to eventually do.

EDIT: I probably ought to check that the hanger is properly aligned, too. Hey, it was late, and I wanted to finish it up and wrap the bars!

Eric F 01-11-22 11:40 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22369780)
Or looked up the registration from her license plate - the CAR didn't go over the cliff, right?

Again...not "unidentified". I'm just poking at the poorly written article.

Mojo31 01-11-22 11:48 AM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22369760)
Blue skies with an expected high of 74 today. So Cal winters are rough.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.