Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Eric F 01-12-22 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22371135)
I'm trying to lay out some kitchen cabinets in SketchUp and my daughter, love her to death, will just not STFU. I mean, she's not even talking to me, she's talking to my wife in the next room over, but it still makes the job harder.

Not to be outdone, when asking my wife about a minor consideration, she says, "wait - we're not doing inset doors?" Oy. I guess that my idea of a kitchen refresh is different than hers. More work ahead of me, I guess.

You know this means you ARE doing inset doors now, right?

Mojo31 01-12-22 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22371201)

Don't forget the hidden soft-close hinges.

Mojo31 01-12-22 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22371150)
The Natural Grocers has their charging stations fairly close to the front door. It's not unusual to have a first gen Prius parked in one of those spots, because, sort of electric....

I parked at one of those in front of Kohls not long ago when making an Amazon return. I was in the store about 15 minutes, and when I got out I got 2 free miles of charge!

Mojo31 01-12-22 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22371135)
I'm trying to lay out some kitchen cabinets in SketchUp and my daughter, love her to death, will just not STFU. I mean, she's not even talking to me, she's talking to my wife in the next room over, but it still makes the job harder.

Not to be outdone, when asking my wife about a minor consideration, she says, "wait - we're not doing inset doors?" Oy. I guess that my idea of a kitchen refresh is different than hers. More work ahead of me, I guess.

More work for her since someone has to pay for it.

All of my wife's great ideas require me to either work more to generate more income or expend more labor to accomplish her goal.

Trsnrtr 01-12-22 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22371081)
I'm going to continue staying away from the gym for awhile, at least until this latest surge abates somewhat. I just don't trust other people to be conscientious. I've got some at home routines to keep me buff ... er, fit.

My grandson is a cleaner at a Golds. He moves from machine to machine and surface to surface all shift long.

Trsnrtr 01-12-22 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22371088)
I totally agree, but this guy is tough AF.

Damn straight.

BillyD 01-12-22 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22371140)
According to this, you can get 200 miles in 15 min.:

Supercharger | Tesla

I first saw one of those stations you are talking about in a shopping center that has a large grocery store in Brattleboro, VT. That was probably 2015. Guess it would be handy to use while shopping.

I have also seen the one at the Stewart's in Clinton Corners on the Salt Point Turnpike. Is that up your way?

Yes, I know of that Stewart's, I get eggs from a buddy in Salt Point.

The supermarket factor helps make more sense of the charging station I speak of, there's a TOPS market in that shopping center where folks can charge while shopping.

Mojo31 01-12-22 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22371236)
Damn straight.

Have to be to live in Peoria.

BillyD 01-12-22 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22371230)
My grandson is a cleaner at a Golds. He moves from machine to machine and surface to surface all shift long.

Yes, I do Golds, they do a good job with the hygiene.

DougRNS 01-12-22 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22370759)
This is where I live too. Being mechanical inclined, a supercheapskate, and stubborn as eff, have served me well my whole life. I've never owned a car from New, not once. I wanted the next one to be brand new, but I don't want to feel like I'm being ***** for it either, so I've kind of decided to repair the Avalanche. I'll delete the dod system from the engine and cpu. So even if I get another junkyard engine. It'll work without any problems. It does however stick in my craw that I just (4 years ago) paid $7k for a brand new crate engine from GM. I used to be a Bow Tie Guy through and through, but I believe my next car will be a Kia, possibly a Soul. Mary Barra has taken way too much value out of Chevrolet to my liking. They build absolute garbage now.

that was me.
I was bow tie until 2015 but as the abused partner I finally got up the courage and left the marriage. I'm now now a Honda guy, for now. They have to earn my loyalty from now on.

seedsbelize2 01-12-22 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22370962)
interesting the push for EV when the country doesn’t have the infrastructure sorted out to handle EV. If you only have one level 3 charger near you, and you are in an actual city I can’t imagine what’s in my area.

Been living under a rock?

DougRNS 01-12-22 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22371257)
that was me.
I was bow tie until 2015 but as the abused partner I finally got up the courage and left the marriage. I'm now now a Honda guy, for now. They have to earn my loyalty from now on.

Reminds me of this.

datlas 01-12-22 12:09 PM

Good ride. We only had 4 hardy souls, start temp was low 20’s but warmed up gradually to around freezing by the end. To avoid ice, we did ride on slightly busier roads, we only got buzzed once by a big MF dump truck. Other than that scare, ride was 100% fun.

DougRNS 01-12-22 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22370932)
wut

littering reminds me of this

MoAlpha 01-12-22 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22371230)

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22371253)
Yes, I do Golds, they do a good job with the hygiene.

If only surfaces mattered...:(

seedsbelize2 01-12-22 12:43 PM

I rode a road bike this morning. It was nice.

BillyD 01-12-22 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22371324)
If only surfaces mattered...:(

Glad you brought that up. Let’s say an asymptomatic guy coughs into his hand and then grabs some barbells and works out. Then I come behind him and use the same barbells, and unconsciously touch my nose or my mouth, let’s say to wipe some sweat away. Is there no chance the virus could spread that way, especially omicron?

BillyD 01-12-22 12:56 PM

I am aware it is primarily an airborne transmitter, but is it 100% or does touching surfaces contribute maybe 10%?

indyfabz 01-12-22 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22371242)
Yes, I know of that Stewart's, I get eggs from a buddy in Salt Point.

One of my favorite stretches up that way is Shun Pike between U.S. 44 and NY 82. And there use to be a bunch of alpacas on a farm at Netherwood and Salt Point Turnpike, but they were not there the last time I rode that way.

MoAlpha 01-12-22 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22371348)
Glad you brought that up. Let’s say an asymptomatic guy coughs into his hand and then grabs some barbells and works out. Then I come behind him and use the same barbells, and unconsciously touch my nose or my mouth, let’s say to wipe some sweat away. Is there no chance the virus could spread that way, especially omicron?

I don't think anyone knows, but the primary route of spread, as you know, is by droplets in the air. There are some pure GI presentations. Maybe they're acquired by mouth. Good question for [MENTION=107711]datlas[/MENTION].

WhyFi 01-12-22 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22371201)

Of course. Already back at the drawing board.

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22371216)
Don't forget the hidden soft-close hinges.

That was always a given.

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22371222)
More work for her since someone has to pay for it.

All of my wife's great ideas require me to either work more to generate more income or expend more labor to accomplish her goal.

Yeah, it's no more work or cost for her - materials are the same, it's just the pain in my ass to be more persnickety with sizing and fitting the doors. They do look better, though.

Mojo31 01-12-22 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22371410)

Yeah, it's no more work or cost for her - materials are the same, it's just the pain in my ass to be more persnickety with sizing and fitting the doors. They do look better, though.

Are you building the cabinets yourself or hiring it out?

genejockey 01-12-22 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22371028)
Can someone explain to me the logic of "healing" crystals? wut

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/...88361805500416

You want us to explain the logic of illogical quackery? Okay - crystals are pretty. They must be good for something, right?

WhyFi 01-12-22 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22371417)
Are you building the cabinets yourself or hiring it out?

Building.

Mojo31 01-12-22 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22371438)
Building.

Anxious to see them when you're done. I'm impressed that you are taking that on.