Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

rjones28 06-20-22 02:56 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22548042)
This is the only kind of car to get excited about. One without a human driver. (contains cycling content)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT6sul35P0A

Doesn't your Honda currently have this feature?

Velo Vol 06-20-22 03:19 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22548381)
Doesn't your Honda currently have this feature?

I wish!

bampilot06 06-20-22 03:34 PM

Covid leave ends tomorrow. Back to Charlotte I go for 5 days of On call.


Good news, I actually got a schedule for July. No sitting in Charlotte for me!

big john 06-20-22 03:51 PM

Wordle 366 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric F 06-20-22 04:02 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22548431)
Wordle 366 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same.

Eric F 06-20-22 04:13 PM

Been gone for a bit, but it's good to be back. I had some schedule challenges, a nasty cold, and some motivation struggles that kept me off the bike for a while, and likewise didn't feel motivated to hang out here. I'm back on my bike on a more regular basis over the last couple of weeks, and threw some retail therapy at my motivation with the purchase of a new (used) MTB. C'mon UPS!!

My youngest daughter graduated HS a couple of weeks go, and has just 5 more weekends of travel softball tournaments. At the end of Sept, she will be off to college. It's going to be a very different lifestyle for my wife and I. For the last 10 years, softball has dictated the schedule of our life pretty much every day, all year long - practices, lessons, games, travel, etc. It's been an exciting journey, and I'm bummed it's coming to an end, but I am looking forward to slowing down the pace of our life a bit...and riding my bike more...and building some stuff...and maybe playing music again...

datlas 06-20-22 04:22 PM

I wonder if wordle is trying to tell us something based on the last two solutions….

big john 06-20-22 04:32 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22548456)
Been gone for a bit, but it's good to be back. I had some schedule challenges, a nasty cold, and some motivation struggles that kept me off the bike for a while, and likewise didn't feel motivated to hang out here. I'm back on my bike on a more regular basis overt the last couple of weeks, and threw some retail therapy at my motivation with the purchase of a new (used) MTB. C'mon UPS!!

My youngest daughter graduated HS a couple of weeks go, and has just 5 more weekends of travel softball tournaments. At the end of Sept, she will be off to college. It's going to be a very different lifestyle for my wife and I. For the last 10 years, softball has dictated the schedule of our life pretty much every day, all year long - practices, lessons, games, travel, etc. It's been an exciting journey, and I'm bummed it's coming to an end, but I am looking forward to slowing down the pace of our life a bit...and riding my bike more...and building some stuff...and maybe playing music again...

Good to hear from you! I was wondering what happened.

What kind of bike did you get?

Eric F 06-20-22 04:46 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22548468)
Good to hear from you! I was wondering what happened.

What kind of bike did you get?

Thanks, John.

2019 Trek Procaliber 9.9 SL. It 's a 20 lb, go-fast, pure XC machine, but it has a 10-52 cassette that should allow me to ride up the side of a building.

big john 06-20-22 05:15 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22548480)
Thanks, John.

2019 Trek Procaliber 9.9 SL. It 's a 20 lb, go-fast, pure XC machine, but it has a 10-52 cassette that should allow me to ride up the side of a building.

That's a world cup bike! only 12 pounds lighter than my bike. I thought something like that, maybe a Top Fuel, would make a nice gravel bike. Except for the no drop bar part for the road sections.

LesterOfPuppets 06-20-22 05:17 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22548480)
Thanks, John.

2019 Trek Procaliber 9.9 SL. It 's a 20 lb, go-fast, pure XC machine, but it has a 10-52 cassette that should allow me to ride up the side of a building.

Yeah, them's fast alright. I almost bought one off the local FB group a couple months ago, but decided I didn't need another hardtail, even if it is 3 lbs lighter than my existing crabon hardtail :)

Saving my MTB money for a Spec Epic full squish.

big john 06-20-22 05:20 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22548510)
Yeah, them's fast alright. I almost bought one off the local FB group a couple months ago, but decided I didn't need another hardtail, even if it is 3 lbs lighter than my existing crabon hardtail :)

Saving my MTB money for a Spec Epic full squish.

I think they have a hardtail and also a "soft tail" with a little bit of travel.

Eric F 06-20-22 05:21 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22548507)
That's a world cup bike! only 12 pounds lighter than my bike. I thought something like that, maybe a Top Fuel, would make a nice gravel bike. Except for the no drop bar part for the road sections.

Unfortunately, it has a Solo Cup motor. I was considering buying a gravel bike, but decided to update the MTB part of my stable instead. I'm not sure where I would really ride a gravel bike around my area. Seems to me like a hardtail MTB is more useful for the kind of riding I do (or want to do).

Eric F 06-20-22 05:29 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22548510)
Yeah, them's fast alright. I almost bought one off the local FB group a couple months ago, but decided I didn't need another hardtail, even if it is 3 lbs lighter than my existing crabon hardtail :)

Saving my MTB money for a Spec Epic full squish.

The Supercaliber with the short-travel rear suspension is really attractive to me, but way out of my price range. I was also considering a BMC Twostroke (new, mid-level spec), but this Trek was too good to resist, and decided to stretch my budget a bit. Former owner had done some sexy parts upgrades (wheels, brakes, cassette), too.. I'm going to spoil the purity of the Procal a bit with a dropper post. I haven't used one, but am curious to give it a try. We're starting to see more and more riders on the XC World Cup circuit using them.

bampilot06 06-20-22 05:31 PM

congrats on the bike Eric!

big john 06-20-22 05:37 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22548515)
Unfortunately, it has a Solo Cup motor. I was considering buying a gravel bike, but decided to update the MTB part of my stable instead. I'm not sure where I would really ride a gravel bike around my area. Seems to me like a hardtail MTB is more useful for the kind of riding I do (or want to do).

I'm sure you're familiar with the roads and trails of Mount Wilson but there are fire roads between Mt Gleason and Little Tujunga and other places up there.

I highly recommend a dropper, btw.

bampilot06 06-20-22 05:47 PM

So the Ism prologue seat I have on the cervelo, has never given me any problems. It has always worked well for me, but today I could not get comfortable. Iím still feeling it in my region hours after the ride. Seems weird that it would bother me now all of a sudden.

seedsbelize2 06-20-22 06:27 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22548543)
So the Ism prologue seat I have on the cervelo, has never given me any problems. It has always worked well for me, but today I could not get comfortable. Iím still feeling it in my region hours after the ride. Seems weird that it would bother me now all of a sudden.

Werd

Velo Vol 06-20-22 07:25 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22548456)
Been gone for a bit, but it's good to be back.

In this thread?

Mojo31 06-20-22 07:32 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22548543)
So the Ism prologue seat I have on the cervelo, has never given me any problems. It has always worked well for me, but today I could not get comfortable. Iím still feeling it in my region hours after the ride. Seems weird that it would bother me now all of a sudden.

Shorts or bibs?

genejockey 06-20-22 07:39 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22548639)
Shorts or bibs?

Depends.

genejockey 06-20-22 07:47 PM

What I remember about being hit in the lip with a bee at 35 mph last year....

LesterOfPuppets 06-20-22 07:50 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22548644)
Depends.

Not very aero

genejockey 06-20-22 08:01 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22548658)
Not very aero

But think of all the time you save not having to stop!

Mojo31 06-20-22 08:05 PM

More padding also.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.