Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

LesterOfPuppets 01-07-22 11:33 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22365096)
To our niece in Rochester.

Update: It arrived safely and without drama.

Whew!

In other east coast moving news, hey there's a New Haven, VT?

https://www.addisonindependent.com/2...ove-on-jan-12/

MoAlpha 01-07-22 11:38 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22365000)
You mean WhyFi loses.

Boy howdy!

rjones28 01-07-22 11:39 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22365089)
That sucks. It's not like you can just throw a cover over it.

Grand or upright?

We didn't just stick it in the back of a pickup truck, we hired professional piano movers.

It's a 1930s vintage Knabe six foot grand.

BillyD 01-07-22 11:43 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365001)

That's a nice fence, I would love to replace my crumbling fence with something like that. Probably would set me back a whole Nikon 600mm f/4 unit to do my half acre.

Mojo31 01-07-22 11:47 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365093)
If I disagreed with some of the terms, I would cross those out.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5aa41673f4.jpg

Mojo31 01-07-22 11:49 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22365103)
We didn't just stick it in the back of a pickup truck, we hired professional piano movers.

It's a 1930s vintage Knabe six foot grand.

I know, but isn't the cold and humid weather bad for the tuning, etc.?

I didn't think you threw it on the back of the e-bike.

Velo Vol 01-07-22 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22365096)
To our niece in Rochester.

Update: It arrived safely and without drama.

Are you now sans piano?

rjones28 01-07-22 11:58 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22365120)
I know, but isn't the cold and humid weather bad for the tuning, etc.?

I didn't think you threw it on the back of the e-bike.

The movers wrapped it up in insulated blankets. :)

Grand pianos get the legs removed and are set on their sides for moving, so they need post-move tuning regardless of the weather.

BillyD 01-07-22 11:58 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365033)
rjones28 the morning after the first snowfall of the season.

https://twitter.com/AlexApple_/statu...53035269083137

Imagine meeting that person on a date in the summer and not finding out she was "different" until winter.

Actually, she would show her whole cards long before then. There's only so long you can conceal that level of . . . deviation.

Velo Vol 01-07-22 12:02 PM

Seems quasi-northerners aren't the only people who have trouble on the ice.


Mojo31 01-07-22 12:07 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22365142)
Imagine meeting that person on a date in the summer and not finding out she was "different" until winter.

Actually, she would show her whole cards long before then. There's only so long you can conceal that level of . . . deviation.

Weird chick - check out her IG: ACTRESS▪️Comedian▪️ARTIST (@elisabeth.donaldson) Instagram photos and videos

rjones28 01-07-22 12:10 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365130)
Are you now sans piano?

Correct. Mrs. rjones28 will acquire an upright to replace it.

datlas 01-07-22 12:18 PM

We have an old upright that my folks bought in the early 1960's. We hope musical daughter #1 will take it off our hands once she settles down somewhere. Neither mrs datlas nor I can play.

genejockey 01-07-22 12:50 PM

I just walked out of my office and almost all the way to the restroom without masking. Then I remembered and went back for it. Fortunately, I didn't encounter anyone, because as head of a group, I'm supposed to set a good example. :rolleyes:

Velo Vol 01-07-22 12:53 PM

Raise your hands if you can play the piano.

Mojo31 01-07-22 12:58 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365217)
Raise your hands if you can play the piano.

I'm fairly proficient on the cowbell.

clichty 01-07-22 01:01 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22365220)
I'm fairly proficient on the cowbell.

Are you actually Will Ferrell in disguise?

Velo Vol 01-07-22 01:08 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365217)
Raise your hands if you can play the piano.

I can read music and find the notes. Can't play anything beyond easy difficulty at speed.

Velo Vol 01-07-22 01:11 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365233)
I can read music and find the notes. Can't play anything beyond easy difficulty at speed.

Took piano lessons for maybe two or three years when I was a ute. Keep my general music-reading skills sharp in community band, obviously.

seedsbelize2 01-07-22 01:15 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22365111)
That's a nice fence, I would love to replace my crumbling fence with something like that. Probably would set me back a whole Nikon 600mm f/4 unit to do my half acre.

Seems you were replacing a fence just about the time I came onboard. Worn out already?

seedsbelize2 01-07-22 01:24 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365217)
Raise your hands if you can play the piano.

I can play 'Chopstix'.

seedsbelize2 01-07-22 01:25 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365233)
I can read music and find the notes. Can't play anything beyond easy difficulty at speed.

Same. But a very long time has passed since I've done it.
I actually played trumpet in high school band. They tried to push me into cornet but I stood firm.

genejockey 01-07-22 01:35 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365217)
Raise your hands if you can play the piano.

But can you play the piano with your hands raised?
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5a4689a2c2.jpg

datlas 01-07-22 01:38 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22365256)
Same. But a very long time has passed since I've done it.
I actually played trumpet in high school band. They tried to push me into cornet but I stood firm.

Extra value is what you get, when you play coronet.


Mojo31 01-07-22 01:47 PM


Originally Posted by clichty (Post 22365225)
Are you actually Will Ferrell in disguise?

One never knows on the internets.

Mojo31 01-07-22 02:11 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365237)
Took piano lessons for maybe two or three years when I was a ute. Keep my general music-reading skills sharp in community band, obviously.

I took lessons during my first year of college as a music major since it was required. Have long forgotten more than I ever learned, but can likewise read music and find the keys (maybe).

Velo Vol 01-07-22 02:37 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22365328)
I took lessons during my first year of college as a music major since it was required.

Oh?

Which instrument? Or was it voice?



bampilot06 01-07-22 02:41 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22365085)
That's pretty much in the territory of buy it now and deal with fallout later. You could easily flip that bike for a profit if the wife staunchly objects (though I'd consider splitting any profits with the current owner).


our finances are not in a way that I could do this. Also the guys house is literally right next door.

Eric F 01-07-22 02:42 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365217)
Raise your hands if you can play the piano.

I took piano lessons for short time when I was young, but didn't stick with it. In my later teenage years, I fooled around with a guitar for a while, but was just a bedroom hack. When I took a break from cycling in '04, I got more serious about playing the guitar, but at the suggestion of a friend, picked up playing bass and put some work into getting decent. That lead to playing in a couple of local bands for a few years, and well as doing a little recording. I don't play much any more, however.

datlas 01-07-22 02:44 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22365217)
Raise your hands if you can play the piano.

No but I saw the movie.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ed8021681c.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.