Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

DougRNS 09-25-21 11:34 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22245107)
When were you last at Six Flags?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8f2ae2e893.jpg
2012 or 2013. this was from 2011.

DougRNS 09-25-21 11:37 AM

An hour of inside paperwork, an hour and a half of spraying weed killer on my hill and now a late lunch. Nap will commence shortly. No FOMO.

datlas 09-25-21 11:40 AM

Good ride. Got rid of leg warmers after 2 hours and the gilet at 3 hours. It was a sunny and gorgeous day to ride. We had a reasonably cohesive group of 8 riders.

Velo Vol 09-25-21 11:48 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22245124)
An hour of inside paperwork, an hour and a half of spraying weed killer on my hill and now a late lunch.

Assuming an average of ten seconds per weed, that would be 540 weeds, growing in late September. #UnManicured

datlas 09-25-21 11:49 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22244861)
I don't have leg warmers. The last week or so has convinced me that I need leg warmers. :notamused:

Yes you do. If start/end temps 45-50 you can just wear tights. But today the start temp was 49, and within 2 hours it was low 60s and time to shed the leg warmers.

DougRNS 09-25-21 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22245138)
Assuming an average of ten seconds per weed, that would be 540 weeds, growing in late September. #UnManicured

uh huh

Mojo31 09-25-21 12:02 PM

There is a set of wheels locally on FB. I’m thinking of trying them for my wife’s bike. She has Tiara cassette and discs with 6 bolt mounting. What should I look for on the wheel set to make sure they will work?

All I know about them from the ad is Novatec hubs and 12mm thru hubs.

Velo Vol 09-25-21 01:10 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22245141)
uh huh

Take notes. It should take no more than a few seconds per weed.


WhyFi 09-25-21 01:26 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22245119)
I bought some lightweight knickers from Dicks Sporting Goods. They are pretty thin with no pad and easily roll up to put in a pocket or like today, I stuffed them inside a wide mouth water bottle about 15 miles from home. :thumb:


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22245139)
Yes you do. If start/end temps 45-50 you can just wear tights. But today the start temp was 49, and within 2 hours it was low 60s and time to shed the leg warmers.

I ended up being a-okay without. It was about 49 when I set out and eventually nudged up to the low 60s, but I don't think that happened until the very end - the sun didn't come out until 4 hours in to my ride. Anywho, regular bibs, socks and toe-covers were fine below the waist. Base, jersey, sleeves, gaiter, light winter cap and thin gloves took care of duties above. As far as apparel goes, it was just right - warm enough, not too bulky. :thumb:

DougRNS 09-25-21 01:28 PM


Originally Posted by velo vol (Post 22245203)
take notes. It should take no more than a few seconds per weed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckmlg7qy-rs

smfh

WhyFi 09-25-21 01:29 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22245154)
There is a set of wheels locally on FB. Im thinking of trying them for my wifes bike. She has Tiara cassette and discs with 6 bolt mounting. What should I look for on the wheel set to make sure they will work?

All I know about them from the ad is Novatec hubs and 12mm thru hubs.

Assuming they're road wheels, with 100/142 spacing, you should be good. The only limitation that you'll have with them is that you'll have to stick with 6-bolt rotors and won't be able to adapt any CenterLock rotors to them (Shimano's best rotors are CL).

LesterOfPuppets 09-25-21 01:31 PM

Dang it, the Ducks game is on ESPN tonight.

Cord-cutters lament

WhyFi 09-25-21 01:33 PM

Hey datlas and MoAlpha - I dunno, this flatlander might challenge for the top of the elevation podium :roflmao2:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...155a1c5f2f.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 09-25-21 01:35 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22245224)
Hey datlas and MoAlpha - I dunno, this flatlander might challenge for the top of the elevation podium :roflmao2:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...155a1c5f2f.jpg

Hahaha, are you scoping out some hill routes for tomorrow right now?

Velo Vol 09-25-21 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22245220)
Dang it, the Ducks game is on ESPN tonight.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f6443efd2b.png

DougRNS 09-25-21 01:37 PM

My kid brother called and interrupted my nap before it started. We talked for an hour. As it turns out my sister prolly has Covid and is getting tested at 4 o'clock. My BIL is feeling better but I hope they know enough to stay away from my 83 year old mother. Thankfully she got her 6 month booster 3 weeks ago. F this ****.

LAJ 09-25-21 01:41 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22245203)
Take notes. It should take no more than a few seconds per weed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKMLG7qy-rs

Sure, if he wants to die and the survivors can be a part of a class action law suit.

WhyFi 09-25-21 01:45 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22245226)
Hahaha, are you scoping out some hill routes for tomorrow right now?

Heh - no. I'd be nice to top 10k just for gits and shiggles, but we're going to a Saints (baseball) game tomorrow and I've already committed to making pancakes, etc in the morning (real maple syrup, natch), so I don't think that I'll have time for much other than a perfunctory spin.

WhyFi 09-25-21 01:52 PM

Side note: it'll take at least one more biggish day, but it looks like I've got a shot at a 1k mile calendar month. :bday:

datlas 09-25-21 04:02 PM

Went on a 6 mile walk with mrs datlas to the local Wegmans and back. Most of the walk was on the MUP. I observed a large number of cyclists of all varieties. I noticed one guy on a BSO that had a dangerous version of Back-Up Barz, but this was even dumber because the extenders, instead of being aimed mostly up, we’re aimed straight back. Even a minor crash or sudden stop could cause major bodily harm to the rider. :twitchy:

big john 09-25-21 04:15 PM

It was beautiful here today. A lot of my regular riding friends are out of town and the club turnout has been hit and miss, so I drove ahead and skipped the traffic/flat part. I followed the club route and I thought if anyone was actually doing it they would catch me because there was a lot of climbing. I didn't see any of them so when I came out of the hills I went to an outdoor restaurant that cyclists go to and there were 2 of the fastest club riders there.

They said they had done the same route as I did and there was a group of about 10 behind them, so I was between them on the road. I couldn't figure out how that happened until I remembered I went off the road for a nature break and the fast riders must have passed me then and the others were dawdling and didn't catch me.

Anyway after eating her breakfast my friend dropped her Team Machine and it landed on the corner of an electrical box and cracked the top tube.

WhyFi 09-25-21 04:33 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22245350)
​​​​​​Anyway after eating her breakfast my friend dropped her Team Machine and it landed on the corner of an electrical box and cracked the top tube.

Oof.

DougRNS 09-25-21 04:40 PM

It was gorgeous here today but I took a 2 hour nap after my yard work and I've basically pissed away the day.

Mojo31 09-25-21 04:55 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22245350)
It was beautiful here today. A lot of my regular riding friends are out of town and the club turnout has been hit and miss, so I drove ahead and skipped the traffic/flat part. I followed the club route and I thought if anyone was actually doing it they would catch me because there was a lot of climbing. I didn't see any of them so when I came out of the hills I went to an outdoor restaurant that cyclists go to and there were 2 of the fastest club riders there.

They said they had done the same route as I did and there was a group of about 10 behind them, so I was between them on the road. I couldn't figure out how that happened until I remembered I went off the road for a nature break and the fast riders must have passed me then and the others were dawdling and didn't catch me.

Anyway after eating her breakfast my friend dropped her Team Machine and it landed on the corner of an electrical box and cracked the top tube.

I wonder if homeowners insurance would cover that accidental damage.

Velo Vol 09-25-21 04:55 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22245230)
Sure, if he wants to die and the survivors can be a part of a class action law suit.

I've used it and I'm doing just fine.

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22245242)
Side note: it'll take at least one more biggish day, but it looks like I've got a shot at a 1k mile calendar month. :bday:

You ride too much.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.