Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

BillyD 06-21-20 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21546461)
I have a Facebook question. A few days ago got an email notification that someone wants to be my friend. I don't know the person and haven't bothered to go to FB and look at it.

In the last few days I've gotten three or so more notifications about this. Is that FB hounding me? Or is the person resubmitting the request? This isn't the first time this has happened.

It's that hottie you're not interested in meeting.

Sad.

big john 06-21-20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21546490)
Well, I heard it go *grind* and then a bunch of gears started skipping. And I have had this happen before. I miss the carbon hanger on my P2, or wish they'd at least make them out of steel so there'd be a hair of give before just failing. Regardless, just about everything mechanical was already getting replaced.

I assume it's a replaceable hanger? I don't think I've ever bent one, which is odd since I've destroyed about everything else. I was with a lady who bent hers badly and I encouraged her friend to straighten it and it snapped off. If they're just off a little I think you can eye-ball straighten them, at least enough to work.

Bah Humbug 06-21-20 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21546483)
I think it’s a good idea to have a backup/beater to use for crappy weather or when main bike is under repairs. Typically it’s your previous road bike. Something to consider.

That’s the S1. Trainer rat, whenever my trainer is back. At least then I’d have been able to do an indoor session.

Ramona_W 06-21-20 08:42 PM

So... We were trying to decide what to watch and I said I didn't want to watch a movie about an airplane unless there were going to be hostages or an explosion or both and LoP said "Then why don't we watch that G. Gordon-Levitt movie. I wonder what the G is for." And I said "You silly adorable old man. You've conflated G. Gordon Liddy with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I was hoping you had a few more years before that started happening."

P.S. Obviously, we're still together and this March made 7 years.
P.P.S. I made the President's honor list last semester and by that I mean the president of the community college. And what are you all up to?

Velo Vol 06-21-20 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21546521)
It's that hottie you're not interested in meeting.

Sure Jan.

Originally Posted by Ramona_W (Post 21546629)
And what are you all up to?

See posts #1-10378.

MoAlpha 06-22-20 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21546356)
It doesn't matter what socks you wear if you can drope the hamer and dial it up to 400 watts - Abraham Lincoln

Corollary: If you can’t, they better be right - Aristotle

Trsnrtr 06-22-20 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona_W (Post 21546629)
So... We were trying to decide what to watch and I said I didn't want to watch a movie about an airplane unless there were going to be hostages or an explosion or both and LoP said "Then why don't we watch that G. Gordon-Levitt movie. I wonder what the G is for." And I said "You silly adorable old man. You've conflated G. Gordon Liddy with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I was hoping you had a few more years before that started happening."

P.S. Obviously, we're still together and this March made 7 years.
P.P.S. I made the President's honor list last semester and by that I mean the president of the community college. And what are you all up to?

Hi, Ramona! Miss you!

Trsnrtr 06-22-20 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21546375)
It's waxing night..

That reminds me; I need to buy blades.

datlas 06-22-20 06:10 AM

Back to work. It's looking like about 50-50 office visits-telemedicine visits for the week.

At this point, I think I actually prefer telemedicine as it's safer, but patients are clamoring to come in so we are allowing it. Of course they and we are wearing masks, etc.

MoAlpha 06-22-20 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21546945)
Back to work. It's looking like about 50-50 office visits-telemedicine visits for the week.

At this point, I think I actually prefer telemedicine as it's safer, but patients are clamoring to come in so we are allowing it. Of course they and we are wearing masks, etc.

Yup, and this enduring truth: People Have Stopped Going to the Doctor. Most Seem Just Fine.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/22/o...e=articleShare

datlas 06-22-20 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21546968)
Yup, and this enduring truth: People Have Stopped Going to the Doctor. Most Seem Just Fine.

In the short term, it's probably ok. Most minor and even medium-size problems often go away without any special treatment.

BTW, as a neurologist, what do you do when you see a headline or news report about someone on heavy sedation but the media uses the term "artificial coma" or "medically induced coma?" These terms are always used by laypeople but I have NEVER EVER heard a real physician use them and it rubs my fur the wrong way for some reason.

Velo Vol 06-22-20 06:40 AM

Another plague on the way.

Velo Vol 06-22-20 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21546975)
In the short term, it's probably ok. Most minor and even medium-size problems often go away without any special treatment.

My problem isn't going away.

seedsbelize 06-22-20 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21546976)

That dust normally heads to the Amazon basin. Keeps the fertility up.

datlas 06-22-20 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21546979)

You are not typical, mousie!

seedsbelize 06-22-20 06:49 AM

Hola Ramona.

MoAlpha 06-22-20 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21546975)

BTW, as a neurologist, what do you do when you see a headline or news report about someone on heavy sedation but the media uses the term "artificial coma" or "medically induced coma?" These terms are always used by laypeople but I have NEVER EVER heard a real physician use them and it rubs my fur the wrong way for some reason.

I never tire of quoting my physician grandfather, who said, “There is no medical condition so benign or insignificant that, in the hands of a competent physician, cannot prove fatal.”

As for “medically induced coma,” maybe it will start bothering me now, but it hasn’t in the past. Of course, “coma” is not a useful term and should never be used in the clinical setting.

MoAlpha 06-22-20 06:56 AM

No, but does quantitatively decreased medical attention make it worse?

rjones28 06-22-20 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21546633)
Sure Jan.

See posts #1-10378.

So lazy.

Bah Humbug 06-22-20 07:03 AM

Went swimming this morning for the first time since the pandemic started. Holy crap that was hard. At least the neighborhood pool is now walking distance.

bampilot06 06-22-20 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21546968)

Too me it seems a little to soon for them to come conclusion that “most seem just fine.”

Velo Vol 06-22-20 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21546984)
That dust normally heads to the Amazon basin. Keeps the fertility up.

The fertility of what?

rjones28 06-22-20 07:09 AM

I feel fine.

rjones28 06-22-20 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21546976)

When do we get locust?

phrantic09 06-22-20 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21546551)
That’s the S1. Trainer rat, whenever my trainer is back. At least then I’d have been able to do an indoor session.

I kept my Z4 to use as a winter bike / all road bike / trainer bike but have no real desire to ride it. It won’t fit anything bigger than a 25mm tire and the R3 feels better on dirt with 28s.

right now it’s sitting in my storage unit