Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Trsnrtr 04-03-20 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21398516)
I have tried multi-quote in IE 11 and Edge. Does not work in either.

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21398564)
I just tried my Edge and it doesn't work either.

No problem with Google Chrome on my MS PC.

MoAlpha 04-03-20 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21398556)
My 6600 bike has done that on both shifters. I don't ride it very often and I have tried WD-40 but it gets gummy in there after the bike sits in cooler weather. The last time I used silicone spray lube and the shifters worked great after that. Turn the bike upside down and spray into the shifter at the base of the lever.

Yup. I don't like WD 40 for anything but water displacement (WD) and temporary protection, or as a penetrating lube if nothing else is available. I don't like to put a residue anywhere un-cleanable. In my opinion, Silicone or PTFE or maybe even graphite would the right approach after using rjones28 suggestion of a solvent.

Bah Humbug 04-03-20 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21398554)
What doesn't work for me is the snap-back button for quoted posts. PITA.

That one fixes for me if I reload the page.

LAJ 04-03-20 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21398553)
Ours now allows only 2 people per card to enter the store and our local Menards has banned children.

My hero's. It's not a party.

MoAlpha 04-03-20 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21398572)
That one fixes for me if I reload the page.

Tried that. Maybe another browser.

LAJ 04-03-20 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21398569)
Yup. I don't like WD 40 for anything but water displacement (WD) and temporary protection, or as a penetrating lube if nothing else is available. I don't like to put a residue anywhere un-cleanable. In my opinion, Silicone or PTFE or maybe even graphite would the right approach after using rjones28 suggestion of a solvent.

Again, do not discount WD-40 as a foam remover. Especially dish soap in a dishwasher type foam. Especially when Mrs. LAJ is on the way home it needs to happen fast.

WhyFi 04-03-20 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21398551)
They really don't and everyone I work with works weekends anyway, so the work flow continues almost unabated. It feels like a little taste of (semi) retirement and I like it.

I'm not liking it, tbh. With kids in the house and no place to go, the weekend is no longer much of a break.

WhyFi 04-03-20 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21398553)
... and our local Menards has banned children.

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21398574)
My hero's. It's not a party.

I like the move in theory, but sometimes bringing the kids along just can't be helped. That said, I've got enough wiggle room to leave the kids at home and I'm really liking shopping by myself - the kids and/or the wife really slow me down and shopping with them can be frustrating for a tactical strike shopper like myself.

WhyFi 04-03-20 09:30 AM

Today's reading: 40 bpm, 70 hrv

I guess I had a good nights sleep.

BillyD 04-03-20 09:30 AM

Bill Withers RIP

MoAlpha 04-03-20 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21398585)
I'm not liking it, tbh. With kids in the house and no place to go, the weekend is no longer much of a break.

Highly understandable. I have been on meetings recently where there was evidence of unshirted hell in the background.

WhyFi 04-03-20 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398595)
Bill Withers RIP

Noooo! :(

rjones28 04-03-20 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21398546)
Frankly, weekends don't seem to matter these days - it's all the same. I went to Costco last Saturday at lunch time, something that I would normally avoid, 'cause it's usually a zoo, and it wasn't busy at all. And while I can't help you with the store hours being wonky, I stand by my earlier recommendation - check google maps for live busyness levels before leaving the house.

I drove by a Wegman's this morning around 9am. The parking lot looked pretty full. Not Sunday afternoon full, but pretty full.

MoAlpha 04-03-20 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21398594)
Today's reading: 40 bpm, 70 hrv

I guess I had a good nights sleep.

Pretty great-looking numbers, although I don't know what your HRV measure is—the differ. You need to establish a baseline over a few weeks and compare to that in order to pick up daily signals. Presumably your app does this. Both the daily values and the degree of the variance over, say five days or a week, are meaningful.

LAJ 04-03-20 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21398593)
I like the move in theory, but sometimes bringing the kids along just can't be helped. That said, I've got enough wiggle room to leave the kids at home and I'm really liking shopping by myself - the kids and/or the wife really slow me down and shopping with them can be frustrating for a tactical strike shopper like myself.

I agree. When Mom, Dad, and three kids are shopping, I agree with Menards policy.

WhyFi 04-03-20 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21398602)
Pretty great-looking numbers, although I don't know what your HRV measure is—the differ. You need to establish a baseline over a few weeks and compare to that in order to pick up daily signals. Presumably your app does this. Both the daily values and the degree of the variance over, say five days or a week, are meaningful.

Yeah, I'll keep taking readings. I'm interested to see how it varies after strenuous days, sleepless nights, etc. It's also interesting that higher variance is better. :foo:

Bah Humbug 04-03-20 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21398596)
Highly understandable. I have been on meetings recently where there was evidence of unshirted hell in the background.

When I wfh, so basically always, they’re lucky if I have pants on.

LAJ 04-03-20 09:39 AM

Bill Withers RIP

That makes me sad.

MoAlpha 04-03-20 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21398606)
Yeah, I'll keep taking readings. I'm interested to see how it varies after strenuous days, sleepless nights, etc. It's also interesting that higher variance is better. :foo:

No, actually higher day to day variance is a sign of stress, good or bad. Training stress seems to be able to produce increases and decreases in HRV the following day. From my own experience, I think I tend to respond to hard workouts with increases when my baseline fitness is high and decreases when it's not. In general, you want to return to something close to your baseline before hitting it hard again. I think it's safe to say that "bad" stressors, e.g., poor sleep, circadian disruptions, alcohol, always produce decreases.

datlas 04-03-20 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21398564)
I just tried my Edge and it doesn't work either.

​​​​​​

WhyFi 04-03-20 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21398616)
No, actually higher day to day variance is a sign of stress, good or bad.

Wait - high HRV is a sign of stress? Or bigger swings in HRV is a sign of stress? I was under the impression that higher HRV was healthier.

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21398616)
Training stress seems to be able to produce increases and decreases in HRV the following day. From my own experience, I think I tend to respond to hard workouts with increases when my baseline fitness is high and decreases when it's not. In general, you want to return to something close to your baseline before hitting it hard again. I think it's safe to say that "bad" stressors, e.g., poor sleep, circadian disruptions, alcohol, always produce decreases.

When you're saying increases and decreases, you're talking relative to your baseline? Like bad stressors will send you below your baseline and good above it? :foo:

WhyFi 04-03-20 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21398604)
I agree. When Mom, Dad, and three kids are shopping, I agree with Menards policy.

Yeah, at that point it's just a bull**** field trip.

indyfabz 04-03-20 10:16 AM

Bill Withers RIP

Oh no!

His live album recorded at Carnegie Hall is terrific.

:(

abshipp 04-03-20 10:19 AM

60°, sunny, 4 hours left of my shift:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ddb9c91f50.jpg

sbxx1985 04-03-20 10:23 AM

Marbury played in China, lives in Beijing, and coaches a team there. He brokered the deal for 10 million masks at cost. He is not paying for them. Do you think Stephon Marbury would pay for 10 million masks at $2.75/mask?

Kraft was solicited by the governor to help. He sent the Patriots plane and (with some others apparently) paid for the masks. They would have brought more back, but the plane only fit 1.2 million. 300,000 of those are in New York this morning.

Facts are facts.