Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Mojo31 03-14-22 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22439004)
She must have a magnetic personality.

She dropped her car with the bolt in the tire at my office so she could take the Jeep to a Fort Worth appointment. I saw the problem, so I took her car home as I did not want to be stuck here with a flat and no spare. I then returned with the Taycan. Now, it's rained, so not only do I have to buy her a new tire, I have to wash what was a clean car.

First world, OCD problems.

rjones28 03-14-22 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22438931)
Porsche "f*** me" moment of the day.

Time for a new one.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...433339770b.jpg

What's the problem?

;)

Mojo31 03-14-22 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22439020)
What's the problem?

;)

It goes "tha thunk, tha thunk" as it goes round and round.

rjones28 03-14-22 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22439018)
She dropped her car with the bolt in the tire at my office so she could take the Jeep to a Fort Worth appointment. I saw the problem, so I took her car home as I did not want to be stuck here with a flat and no spare. I then returned with the Taycan. Now, it's rained, so not only do I have to buy her a new tire, I have to wash what was a clean car.

First world, OCD problems.

The SportWagen is scheduled for desalination this week. New wheels and tires next month.

rjones28 03-14-22 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22439033)

Turn up the radio.

genejockey 03-14-22 03:57 PM

Do any of you who are more serious about training do shortish recovery rides, say, after your longest day in the saddle? I'm thinking of adding a 30-45 minute, Z1 Zwift ride on Mondays after my long Sunday ride, because sometimes on Tuesdays it feels like I spend a lot of my warmup getting my legs not to feel sore.

genejockey 03-14-22 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22439033)

Add a whole bunch more, and save those tires for icy conditions?

genejockey 03-14-22 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22439039)
Turn up the radio.

This is how I dealt with the infamous "Hemi Tick" in the Dodge, which sounds like valve noise. Pages and pages of posts on Challenger forums about it. It has done it since new and now has >80K miles without getting louder or softer, or grenading. So I turn up the radio.

LAJ 03-14-22 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22439000)
That's worth waiting for. :love:

It's so easy you won't believe it.

1.5 packages of cream cheese
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 large "good" candy bars. Can be dark or milk chocolate. Approximately 8 oz. Those work better than chips, because chips have oil in them and don't work well in the mix. Good though. Not Hershey's or that ilk.
1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip

Add the cream cheese into a mixing bowl and start breaking it down. I use the wire whip attachment. The end result will be no lumps. As it smooths out, add the condensed milk and vanilla. While this is all going on, break up the candy bars so when you put them in the microwave, the pieces melt nicely. When melted, take a healthy dollop of the Cool Whip, and mix it in the chocolate. This will keep it from solidifying again. Once the mixture in the bowl is smooth smooth smooth, you add the chocolate. Mix that all in well, and then once all that's done, add the Cool Whip. Make sure the Cool Whip is incorporated well. (I likely go too long, but it's yet to break, or not set up.

Shovel it into your 9" crust of choice. A chocolate crust is good, obviously, but Oreo, Graham, it's all good. You can pile it high, because it holds shape well, but I like to save enough to put into a couple extra ramekins line with some extra crust.... Grate some chocolate over the top, put it all in the fridge for at least 8 hours for the pie, whenever for the ramekins, because those set up quickly, The ramekins are for today eatin', no matter how late you make the pie.

Of course, you can add more or less chocolate, dependent on taste. Some like the cheesecake flavor to be strong, so go less than I suggest. this tempers it pretty well, and adding more, obviously gives more chocolate goodness.

It's rich

It's dirty... Cool Whip makes it so.

LAJ 03-14-22 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22439046)
Do any of you who are more serious about training do shortish recovery rides, say, after your longest day in the saddle? I'm thinking of adding a 30-45 minute, Z1 Zwift ride on Mondays after my long Sunday ride, because sometimes on Tuesdays it feels like I spend a lot of my warmup getting my legs not to feel sore.

Nope. I'm completely off the bike Monday and Friday.

LesterOfPuppets 03-14-22 04:20 PM

Holy cow!

BillyD 03-14-22 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22439053)

1 tsp vanilla
2 large "good" candy bars. Can be dark or milk chocolate. Approximately 8 oz. Those work better than chips, because chips have oil in them and don't work well in the mix. Good though. Not Hershey's or that ilk.
1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip

Add the cream cheese into a mixing bowl and start breaking it down. I use the wire whip attachment. The end result will be no lumps. As it smooths out, add the condensed milk and vanilla. While this is all going on, break up the candy bars so when you put them in the microwave, the pieces melt nicely. When melted, take a healthy dollop of the Cool Whip, and mix it in the chocolate. This will keep it from solidifying again. Once the mixture in the bowl is smooth smooth smooth, you add the chocolate. Mix that all in well, and then once all that's done, add the Cool Whip. Make sure the Cool Whip is incorporated well. (I likely go too long, but it's yet to break, or not set up.

Shovel it into your 9" crust of choice. A chocolate crust is good, obviously, but Oreo, Graham, it's all good. You can pile it high, because it holds shape well, but I like to save enough to put into a couple extra ramekins line with some extra crust.... Grate some chocolate over the top, put it all in the fridge for at least 8 hours for the pie, whenever for the ramekins, because those set up quickly, The ramekins are for today eatin', no matter how late you make the pie.

Of course, you can add more or less chocolate, dependent on taste. Some like the cheesecake flavor to be strong, so go less than I suggest. this tempers it pretty well, and adding more, obviously gives more chocolate goodness.

It's rich

Got it, must try.

BillyD 03-14-22 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22439070)

3rd baseman had no business doing whatever the hell he was trying to do. :lol:

indyfabz 03-14-22 04:58 PM

Give a man a fish and he’ll grill for a day, assuming it’s halfway decent out.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cfaad9480.jpeg

bampilot06 03-14-22 05:05 PM

doctor didn’t see anything in my pee. Asked if I wanted x rays but I declined for now. We’re getting hit hard with medical bills at the moment from the miscarriage. Talk about something you don’t want to pay for.

Mojo31 03-14-22 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22439004)
She must have a magnetic personality.

She's a chick magnet.

Mojo31 03-14-22 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22439053)

1 tsp vanilla
1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip

It's rich

I'm in!

Mojo31 03-14-22 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22439124)
doctor didn’t see anything in my pee. Asked if I wanted x rays but I declined for now. We’re getting hit hard with medical bills at the moment from the miscarriage. Talk about something you don’t want to pay for.

Need a CT to see if you have a stone.

Drink a lot of water and make it go away.

DougRNS 03-14-22 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22438931)
Porsche "f*** me" moment of the day.

Time for a new one.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...433339770b.jpg

The tire looks pretty worn out so at least you've got that, which is nice.

rjones28 03-14-22 05:17 PM

New PCP Day.

"I'm probably not going to see you much, am I" -- New Doctor

DougRNS 03-14-22 05:28 PM

Had my appointment with the pain doctor today - actually the Physician assistant. The plan is to do a right lumbar medial branch block to identify the nerve carrying the pain signal. That is on the 28th once that is done, they will do the same on the left side. Once both are identified they'll burn the offending mother's. They will be done 2 weeks apart. I should be through the process by mid May. Unfortunately, only about a 80 or 85% reduction can be expected. Will that be enough to resume cycling? I hope so. Then repeat process ad infinitum minus the first step since the offending nerve is already identified.

#ThatsMyStory

ls01 03-14-22 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22438371)
Well, if it is about money that would just be silly. I'm thinking more of an ego thing, or the classic unable to leave the excitement and adoration of being a monster sports star.
He and his wife are reportedly worth over $650 million and he certainly has unlimited earning potential as a spokesman or any number of things without the travel and risk of getting beaten up as an NFL player.

silly or not, it is the yardstick that is used to measure success. Everything else is secondary.

ls01 03-14-22 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22438402)
Oh brother. Our EMR is down again today. Something about corrupted data.

it's the Ruskis!

ls01 03-14-22 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22438409)
It really was my birthday yesterday.

happy birthday!

ls01 03-14-22 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22438640)
Is there a term for a BF user with few (or no) previous posts who bumps an ancient thread for dubious reasons?

If not, we need one. They are popping up like toadstools!

Russian agitators