Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Trsnrtr 03-19-22 09:49 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22443925)
You young whippersnappers shouldn't be riding with the octogenarians. Pick on the millenials.

Seriously. We’ve had this problem for several seasons, now. We can’t ride with the faster groups anymore and the slower groups don’t want us.

genejockey 03-19-22 10:22 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22443944)
Seriously. We’ve had this problem for several seasons, now. We can’t ride with the faster groups anymore and the slower groups don’t want us.

You need Goldilocks-level rides.

Mojo31 03-19-22 10:55 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22443944)
Seriously. We’ve had this problem for several seasons, now. We can’t ride with the faster groups anymore and the slower groups don’t want us.

Slow down then and act your age. ;)

Bah Humbug 03-19-22 11:02 AM

If you ever think you're too fat for cycling, don't try running in CO.

Trsnrtr 03-19-22 11:42 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22443992)
Slow down then and act your age. ;)

My wife was, and still is, crushed. She’s more of a social animal than I am.

Trsnrtr 03-19-22 11:44 AM

My wife says that I used “payed” in the wrong context. I should have written “paid.”

:rolleyes:

Trsnrtr 03-19-22 11:45 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22443998)
If you ever think you're too fat for cycling, don't try running in CO.

I promise you that I have no intention of running in Colorado. :D

Mojo31 03-19-22 12:05 PM

I tried walking. Would do that again.

Running would imply a certain type of mental illness.

MoAlpha 03-19-22 12:17 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22443529)
Poor Heidi! She is trying to do her taxes. Her income is pretty low, but she does have to file. She has wasted time doing “free” online tax programs only to find all of them insist she has to pay $50-80 to actually file them.

After much frustration, we decided to print out the 1040 form and have her file with paper.

This is daughter’s first year doing her own taxes. She got paid in Ireland and the US, files a Schedule C, and has unearned income. She’s in for at least a C- note.

#adulting

genejockey 03-19-22 12:39 PM

Sheesh.
Wordle 273 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 03-19-22 01:12 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22443998)
If you ever think you're too fat for cycling, don't try running in CO.

A young guy in our x-country group was also a runner. He lived in Leadville, CO. Some of us were worried about altitude. He chuckled and noted that the highest pass we were going to cross was 3’500 lower than his home town.

genejockey 03-19-22 01:49 PM

I used to run when I was a ute. I enjoyed it then. I tried it later, as an adult and it was considerably less enjoyable. I also enjoyed cycling as a ute, but when I tried it as an adult, it was considerably MORE enjoyable.

DougRNS 03-19-22 02:10 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22444044)
I promise you that I have no intention of running in Colorado. :D

same

LesterOfPuppets 03-19-22 02:37 PM

Wordle 273 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 03-19-22 02:38 PM

Is this a good bike?


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c4e39b003.jpeg

BillyD 03-19-22 02:38 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22443909)
My wife and I have ridden with our club <40 years and were informed this week that we have been disinvited to some club rides for being too strong/fast. WTF? We are both over 70. :foo:

We have been ride leaders many years and we have never told anybody that they weren’t welcome to a club ride. :(

Also, I just payed our dues a couple weeks ago. Guess that we wasted our money.

There's got to be somebody reasonable you can talk to.

Same problem I always had though, too strong. :( :innocent:

BillyD 03-19-22 02:49 PM

I've been playing running games my whole life, baseball, basketball, track. There's almost nothing I truly enjoyed more. Thankfully I can still do it enough to play softball for a few more years.

WhyFi 03-19-22 03:02 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22444217)
Is this a good bike?

Probably a decent open-mold CF frame...

That said, I don't think that I've ever seen an RD stretched out in such agony that it appears as if the chain isn't even touching the upper jockey wheel.

WhyFi 03-19-22 03:04 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22444238)
That said, I don't think that I've ever seen an RD stretched out in such agony that it appears as if the chain isn't even touching the upper jockey wheel.


...and it looks like it still has a few more larger cogs on the cassette. :twitchy:

ofajen 03-19-22 03:12 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22444170)
I used to run when I was a ute. I enjoyed it then. I tried it later, as an adult and it was considerably less enjoyable. I also enjoyed cycling as a ute, but when I tried it as an adult, it was considerably MORE enjoyable.

I think my enjoyment of cycling has been high from the first moment. Running has definitely gotten harder on me.

I did some running the last two months at our rec center since the trails were covered with so much snow and ice, but I’ve been running less often since I discovered the step climber. It’s less brutal to train at a high output on the climber than running.

Otto

ofajen 03-19-22 03:17 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22444238)
Probably a decent open-mold CF frame...

That said, I don't think that I've ever seen an RD stretched out in such agony that it appears as if the chain isn't even touching the upper jockey wheel.

I won’t claim to be sure about this, but it looks like the chain is not threaded around the lower pulley at all, just under the upper pulley. Or am I just looking at it wrong?

Otto

WhyFi 03-19-22 03:27 PM


Originally Posted by ofajen (Post 22444255)
I won’t claim to be sure about this, but it looks like the chain is not threaded around the lower pulley at all, just under the upper pulley. Or am I just looking at it wrong?

Otto

Yeah, it's so out of whack that it's confusing, but the forward jockey wheel has the little protective cage on it, which would mean it's the lower, not the upper. This looks like a similar model -

https://www.sram.com/globalassets/im...egreyfront.jpg

indyfabz 03-19-22 03:34 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22444238)

That said, I don't think that I've ever seen an RD stretched out in such agony that it appears as if the chain isn't even touching the upper jockey wheel.

Didn’t even notice that, but you can see that large cog from the ISS. SRAM e-tap and Ardennes wheels. All locked up outside.

abshipp 03-19-22 04:00 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22444039)
My wife was, and still is, crushed. She’s more of a social animal than I am.

:(

abshipp 03-19-22 04:05 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22444240)
...and it looks like it still has a few more larger cogs on the cassette. :twitchy:

The optimist in me is hoping the RD is limited out to that cog.

The bike shop mechanic in me is much more pessimistic :twitchy:

rjones28 03-19-22 04:17 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22443909)
My wife and I have ridden with our club <40 years and were informed this week that we have been disinvited to some club rides for being too strong/fast. WTF? We are both over 70. :foo:

We have been ride leaders many years and we have never told anybody that they weren’t welcome to a club ride. :(

Also, I just payed our dues a couple weeks ago. Guess that we wasted our money.

Shouldn't have given them "the look" every time you droped the hammer on the group. Prolly.

rjones28 03-19-22 04:23 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22444217)

That chain tho...

:twitchy:

rjones28 03-19-22 04:24 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22444238)
Probably a decent open-mold CF frame...

That said, I don't think that I've ever seen an RD stretched out in such agony that it appears as if the chain isn't even touching the upper jockey wheel.

I spy a Quarq crank arm.

Mojo31 03-19-22 04:25 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22444217)

Might be worth stealing, if that's what you are wondering.

As others commented, the RD looks whack.

LAJ 03-19-22 04:43 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22444044)
I promise you that I have no intention of running in Colorado. :D

Same here.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.