Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

datlas 08-24-21 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22198405)
Which one?

Brandywine Bike Tour.

ksryder 08-24-21 10:16 AM

Speaking of lawns... apparently army worms are a thing this year. IDGAF about my lawn and I pay someone to mow it but it sounds like I may need them to spray some poison on it.

datlas 08-24-21 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22198405)
Which one?

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22198427)
Brandywine Bike Tour.

Wanna join?? They limited it to 400 so I am not sure if it's still open. You could always ride "bandit" style.

Velo Vol 08-24-21 11:02 AM

indyfabz 08-24-21 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22198486)
Wanna join?? They limited it to 400 so I am not sure if it's still open. You could always ride "bandit" style.

Thanks, but no thanks.

I remember doing that ride way back in '95. The course was horribly marked. Got lost a couple of times. There was also a guy living in the area that hated the event, so he covered up a key turn marker. Missed it and ended up climbing some huge hill. I and my riding partner finally stopped and asked a local. He told us we should have made a right at the bottom of the hill and stayed along the creek. My riding partner, who was stubborn and not as strong as she wished she was, had bitten off more than she could chew. (I knew the century route would be too much for her, but she insisted.) Around mile 90 we came into contact with a SAG vehicle, The driver told us there were only 9 riders behind us. Told her no way was I going to get swept on a ride. Dusk was approaching when we finished. The things some guys will do to hook up with girls.

Velo Vol 08-24-21 11:36 AM

One week to go. :bday:

https://countingdownto.com/countdown-pages/v6BoF4Bk

Velo Vol 08-24-21 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22198565)
Thanks, but no thanks.

I remember doing that ride way back in '95.

You're holding an event grudge from 25 years ago?

BillyD 08-24-21 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by ksryder (Post 22198431)
Speaking of lawns... apparently army worms are a thing this year. IDGAF about my lawn and I pay someone to mow it but it sounds like I may need them to spray some poison on it.

Never heard of them. Where are you, southeast, midwest, what?

BillyD 08-24-21 12:03 PM

RIP Charlie Watts.

MoAlpha 08-24-21 12:04 PM

Looks like I mighta been scammed by the people I ordered my special bicycular eyeglasses from. Phone is nonexistent and email and chat are unanswered. Oh well: I'll contest the credit card charge when it shows up.

phrantic09 08-24-21 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22198266)
No idea. I'm always logged in on my phone and I (almost always) only get LPLOs on the desktop.

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22198300)
I have been generally immune to LPLO. Not sure why it happens to some people but not me. FWIW I am using chrome on a Macbook, or my iPhone when on the move.

I've never had one - logged in on Chrome on a PC and Safari on my phone.

DougRNS 08-24-21 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22198606)
RIP Charlie Watts.

Unfortunately the 60's rock pioneers are dropping like flies. This is a regular occurrence and will become moreso as the years pass.

genejockey 08-24-21 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22198630)
Unfortunately the 60's rock pioneers are dropping like flies. This is a regular occurrence and will become moreso as the years pass.

Now I know what my parents went through. You know you're getting old when the rockers you remember as 'angry young men' are dying of old age.

indyfabz 08-24-21 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22198580)
You're holding an event grudge from 25 years ago?

No. I guess those two paragraphs sounded related. Didn't mean them to sound that way.

Trsnrtr 08-24-21 01:40 PM

I’m not a big fan of sushi, but I do pick some up occasionally. Last night, I got a hot and spicy carry out box and because I’m old and senile, looked in the box at a side of green goop and wondering why there was avocado in there, I spooned the whole glop in to my mouth

Pro tip: Don’t spoon a heaping tablespoon of wasabi into your mouth at one time.

LesterOfPuppets 08-24-21 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22198565)
Around mile 90 we came into contact with a SAG vehicle, The driver told us there were only 9 riders behind us.

WhyFi 08-24-21 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22198741)
I’m not a big fan of sushi, but I do pick some up occasionally. Last night, I got a hot and spicy carry out box and because I’m old and senile, looked in the box at a side of green goop and wondering why there was avocado in there, I spooned the whole glop in to my mouth

Pro tip: Don’t spoon a heaping tablespoon of wasabi into your mouth at one time.

:roflmao2:

LesterOfPuppets 08-24-21 01:52 PM

That must've really cleared out the sinuses.

LesterOfPuppets 08-24-21 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22198568)

In other brass news, NYC subways have built-in Sousaphone racks:

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...43&oe=6149EF05

LAJ 08-24-21 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22198610)
Looks like I mighta been scammed by the people I ordered my special bicycular eyeglasses from. Phone is nonexistent and email and chat are unanswered. Oh well: I'll contest the credit card charge when it shows up.

Not good! That's an odd product to have scammers in. Of course, nigerian_banker@gmail.com as the contact email, may have tipped you off.

I hope it all works out.

Unsolicited advice on my choice: https://sportsoptical.com/

Velo Vol 08-24-21 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22198769)
In other brass news, NYC subways have built-in Sousaphone racks:

That's not a rack. It does remind me, though, that I'm glad I don't carry one of those around. My trumpet case is heavy enough.

indyfabz 08-24-21 02:10 PM

Remember this one? Scott Brooks was a teenage friend of mine. We grew up a few blocks from each other and went to the same swim club. Funny and talented guy. Every once in a while I will run into him on the street.

Eric F 08-24-21 02:12 PM

This is a mistake people only make once.

genejockey 08-24-21 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22198785)
That's not a rack. It does remind me, though, that I'm glad I don't carry one of those around. My trumpet case is heavy enough.

If you think carrying a Sousaphone around would be bad....

genejockey 08-24-21 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22198799)
This is a mistake people only make once.

I was privileged to watch someone else make that mistake. It was in his mouth for less than a second but his face turned reddish purple in that time. We all had a good laugh at his expense.