Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Speaking of missing Forum members.... (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1034608)

Wildwood 10-14-15 08:29 PM

Speaking of missing Forum members....

..... haven't seen a post from Auchencrow, in like forever.

I was gone for months myself so maybe I'm the only one wondering. And hoping he's just on extended vacation.

gomango 10-14-15 09:36 PM

Not to mention one of my favorite forum members Repechage!

Always solid insight from him as well.

Chombi 10-14-15 09:40 PM

What about "puchfinnland"??
IIRC, he changed his forum name, but I don't remember any recent posts from him. Just curious how he is doing and especially how he's doing with nurturing his daughter's natural cycling talent and his special C&V builds for her.....

Lascauxcaveman 10-15-15 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Wildwood (Post 18242749)
..... haven't seen a post from Auchencrow, in like forever.

I was gone for months myself so maybe I'm the only one wondering. And hoping he's just on extended vacation.

If I ever disappear from the forum, you know how to get ahold of my people. Gonna need someone to liquidate my collection for my wife, and, well, you know most of those bikes pretty well already ;)

Also, I got your kayak for you; are you still interested? I'll try to remember to email you tomorrow from work.

rootboy 10-15-15 05:11 AM

I exchange emails with A-crow now and again. He's fine, Just busy, and, like some others, sort of drifted away from the forum, for whatever reason.
As I'm starting to do.

seedsbelize 10-15-15 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chombi (Post 18242862)
IIRC, he changed his forum name, but I don't remember any recent posts from him. Just curious how he is doing and especially how he's doing with nurturing his daughter's natural cycling talent and his special C&V builds for her.....

What is he going by these days?

seedsbelize 10-15-15 06:12 AM

Mazdaspeed
Khatful

The Golden Boy 10-15-15 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by rootboy (Post 18243149)
I exchange emails with A-crow now and again. He's fine, Just busy, and, like some others, sort of drifted away from the forum, for whatever reason.
As I'm starting to do.

Really, I brought the straps to work- I've had this stupid cold- so I just haven't gotten them down to the post office.

Did I send pix of the bag with the new straps on there? PERFECT length. Perfect.

Thank you.

Wildwood 10-15-15 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by rootboy (Post 18243149)

Thank you for the info. Let him know he is missed. Wealth of experience & knowledge and seems to be someone I would like in person as well as on the Forum.

Wildwood 10-15-15 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lascauxcaveman (Post 18243016)
If I ever disappear from the forum, you know how to get ahold of my people. Gonna need someone to liquidate my collection for my wife, and, well, you know most of those bikes pretty well already ;)

Also, I got your kayak for you; are you still interested? I'll try to remember to email you tomorrow from work.

Please don't ask me to be responsible for liquidating (buying) your fleet/saddle collection, my garage + storage aren't big enough and my marriage wouldn't survive that many bicycles. I could easily get back into the habit of riding bikes one size above perfection - they glide so easily. But I might have a 'nearly new' tandem to swap for one of your nice ones.

The kayak itch was so bad that I bought a new one and have been down to Nisqually area 2X already. Thanks - sorry to inconvenience.

non-fixie 10-15-15 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 18243252)
What is he going by these days?

Mike was posting a couple of weeks ago. Still as 'puchfinnland'. Like here.

The Golden Boy 10-15-15 12:55 PM

We should put @Chris_in_Miami on the side of a milk carton.

He'd like that.

:D

Drillium Dude 10-15-15 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckk (Post 18244413)
What about WNG? Where's Will?
He finished up last year with a tour then........

Will's alive and well, but dealing with some life (aren't we all?). I'm in touch and lucky that I'll get some riding in with him in AZ in a short couple of months :)

I was talking to Scozim about missing Auchen on the Forum when I went over for the MMC. Glad to know he's okay and simply taking a sabbatical.

DD

gomango 10-15-15 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckk (Post 18244413)
What about WNG? Where's Will?
He finished up last year with a tour then........

I follow his fantastic Flickr fotos.

He really has a sharp eye for nice shots.

Kobe 10-15-15 01:56 PM

Nobody tells a story like Auchencrow. He has a few good ones about finding bikes.

Stevensb 10-15-15 02:30 PM

How about @mapleleafs13? Although, I can understand anyone who is a Leafs fan keeping a very low profile.

Brad

gaucho777 10-15-15 05:30 PM

T-Mar!
+1 to cudak888 & auchencrow
East Hill was gone before I had the pleasure.
glad to see ratfink76 isn't completely gone either
ultraspontane - just kidding! ;)
Picchio Special

puchfinnland 10-15-15 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chombi (Post 18242862)

Oh Im here, alive in Deale Maryland
New wife and I Mary bought a house and in the process of getting it ready for winter (foreclosure house)
I have really nice cycling area and hopefully I get to go out and cycle in the future and great to see some of you guys again
JEIRVINE and Photogravity and other friends will be welcome to come out for a weekend ride!

Grand Bois 10-15-15 06:03 PM

The Other Guy and Stronglight.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stronglight/

oddjob2 10-15-15 06:13 PM

I had a tour of Auchencrow's man caves 2 years ago. His garage is full of a well edited collection of bikes and his lower level is full of rock + roll gear. He visited me a little over a year ago for a ride on my Colnago and we then went for lunch. Last time I checked he was busy focusing on his new job and some home improvement projects.

fender1 10-15-15 07:26 PM

I really miss fender1. That guy was awesome!

Velocivixen 10-15-15 07:53 PM

I wondered about @WNG after he passed through Portland and had a chance to meet. He was very encouraging.

I check on the forums daily, but mostly don't have a lot to add. I'm riding & "fine tuning" my new Surly, so since it's not vintage I don't talk about all the stuff I did with it, bought, or places I rode.

I appreciate ate all of the encouragement and selfless knowledge that people here offer.

nlerner 10-15-15 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by fender1 (Post 18245379)
I really miss fender1. That guy was awesome!

He's nothing compared to fender2.

USAZorro 10-15-15 07:58 PM

Jan Nikolajsen didn't post a whole lot, but he sure had some interesting things.
Dr. Deltron was quite a character too. I still have two of his masterpieces, and no idea what he's been up to.

fender1 10-15-15 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Velocivixen (Post 18245441)
I wondered about @WNG after he passed through Portland and had a chance to meet. He was very encouraging.

I check on the forums daily, but mostly don't have a lot to add. I'm riding & "fine tuning" my new Surly, so since it's not vintage I don't talk about all the stuff I did with it, bought, or places I rode.

I appreciate ate all of the encouragement and selfless knowledge that people here offer.

You should post about what your doing. Its a pretty large tent here. Most of us have new and old bikes.