Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Interesting finds around the web (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=929230)

Minion1 01-27-15 04:17 AM

Jack Bobridge has just ridden a great Tour Down under which finished on Sunday, had the leader's jersey for the first 2 days and won the KOM. I've definitely got my money on him setting the bar for the hour record - till Wiggins' attempt.
(I think Queerpunk was referring to Budget Forklifts, Jacky Bobby's sponsor...)

carleton 01-27-15 06:48 AM


Originally Posted by Minion1 (Post 17503696)
(I think Queerpunk was referring to Budget Forklifts, Jacky Bobby's sponsor...)

See...that goes to show how much I don't know about road racing :(

Dalai 01-27-15 02:04 PM


Originally Posted by Minion1 (Post 17503696)
Jack Bobridge has just ridden a great Tour Down under which finished on Sunday, had the leader's jersey for the first 2 days and won the KOM. I've definitely got my money on him setting the bar for the hour record - till Wiggins' attempt.

Not sure if geoblocked, but the Australian National track championships will be streamed live including the hour record.

Coup for cycling with Subaru Track Nationals to be LIVE streamed on WWOS

Baby Puke 01-31-15 02:34 AM

Bobridge hour record live now:
Live stream: Watch Jack Bobridge's Hour Record attempt - Cycling Weekly

taras0000 01-31-15 04:50 AM

@35km he's on pace for 52km.

taras0000 01-31-15 04:51 AM

42 minutes in and his form is still well composed. He's hurting tho.

taras0000 01-31-15 04:52 AM

He's holding the black line and at 45 minutes he's lifted his pace a bit. I say he'll get 211 laps in.

taras0000 01-31-15 04:59 AM

Picked up the pace again with 10 to go. Doing 17s laps now.

taras0000 01-31-15 05:04 AM

5 minutes to go and his line is getting a little ragged.

taras0000 01-31-15 05:05 AM

Perko is waving him on in the bends! He's picked up the pace again with 4 minutes to go.

taras0000 01-31-15 05:20 AM

Didn't get it, but close. 51.3 km. Just over two laps short. Looks like he lost it at around the 37-40 minute mark. That's where he started to go ragged a bit and his cadence dropped a little.

700wheel 01-31-15 09:54 AM

I watched Jack's attempt. I've not checked yet but I suspect Jack would have the hour record if he had done it at a higher altitude similar to the Voight and Brandle rides.

taras0000 01-31-15 02:07 PM

Higher altitude and a slower start. He was doing 16.xx second laps for the first 20 minutes

taras0000 01-31-15 02:09 PM

A good comparison of lap times for the last three attemtps.

https://twitter.com/xavierdisley

carleton 01-31-15 02:28 PM


Originally Posted by taras0000 (Post 17517299)
A good comparison of lap times for the last three attemtps.

https://twitter.com/xavierdisley

That guy's tweets are awesome. Thanks!

Velocirapture 02-01-15 05:40 AM

Obree's perspective:

Obree on hour record: Bobridge should try again in four or five days | CyclingTips

Hida Yanra 02-01-15 04:10 PM


Originally Posted by carleton (Post 17501898)
Yeah, those are pretty awesome. Park PRS-20.

yeah they are - it would take a lot to pry mine out of my shop. I got mine from a team mechanic when he got something lighter for flying (they do weigh a lot, but break down small)



Originally Posted by Dalai (Post 17505035)
Not sure if geoblocked, but the Australian National track championships will be streamed live including the hour record.

Coup for cycling with Subaru Track Nationals to be LIVE streamed on WWOS

Not geo-blocked, and the U19 Points race (2nd to last race of the night) should be *mandatory* watching for what an exciting track race looks like... and the Elite points race that followed it was quite good.

gtrob 02-01-15 05:56 PM

Wow did he ever start fast compared to the others. Maybe he was expecting to smash it and make an impossible to beat record, then realized how long an hour is :)

The 1hr record is a nasty event. You have so many people watching every lap, its not like a TT where you can just have an off day, you are basically challenging the world.

Hida Yanra 02-01-15 06:50 PM

he had done at least one long (+40') test (mentioned in his pre-effort interviews, so it wasn't like he hadn't been through a bunch of the sensations/duration stuff before.
He isn't new at this pursuiting thing, and his coach isn't either - very odd on the whole.

carleton 02-02-15 01:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a hard time explaining this. I found this device today used by Anchor/Bridgestone in Japan.

If I were fitting bikes, I'd use a tool like this. I wouldn't start with the frame or frame dimensions. I'd sit the rider on this then move stuff around till he or she got into the desired position. After it's all done, then I'd take measurements.

http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...9&d=1422860451

taras0000 02-03-15 12:40 AM

That fitbike is absolutely beautiful and insane!

700wheel 02-03-15 10:40 AM


Originally Posted by carleton (Post 17521048)
I have a hard time explaining this. I found this device today used by Anchor/Bridgestone in Japan.

If I were fitting bikes, I'd use a tool like this. I wouldn't start with the frame or frame dimensions. I'd sit the rider on this then move stuff around till he or she got into the desired position. After it's all done, then I'd take measurements.

I've seen several frameless bike fit tools. Here is one at the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine
http://www.bcsm.org/wp-content/uploa...Website-38.jpg

carleton 02-03-15 02:17 PM


Originally Posted by 700wheel (Post 17525001)
I've seen several frameless bike fit tools. Here is one at the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine
http://www.bcsm.org/wp-content/uploa...Website-38.jpg

That's really nice. I want one.

carleton 02-03-15 02:17 PM

Nate Koch flying lap POV:


Found via: Nate Koch: A Berlin love story - Velomotion - Your Digital Cycling-Mag

gtrob 02-03-15 06:44 PM

Europe you do everything better.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.