Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What bike would you buy out of these 3? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1110192)

Chady8989 06-04-17 10:45 AM

What bike would you buy out of these 3?

Looking to buy one of these 3 bikes.

I am new to the world of biking so not sure if there are any major difference and all the sales people from different stores say that there bike is the best.

I will just be using the bike for fun to ride up along the lake on the bike lanes only for an hour or two on sunny day days.

So over all comfort after long trips, and smooth shifting are the most important things to me.

1. Devinci Milano

2. Felt Verza Speed 50

3. Giant Escape 2

blakcloud 06-04-17 10:51 AM

They are all good. Pick the one you like the best because there is no dog in that list.

fietsbob 06-04-17 11:50 AM

Know nada about #1, My LBS sells Felt, , Giant is the OEM factory for many brands. they do quality work..

You have a bikeshop you like that carries them , to do an actual test ride?

brianmcg123 06-04-17 12:08 PM

The red one.

02Giant 06-04-17 01:52 PM

The Giant.

baldilocks 06-04-17 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently bought a Giant ATX lite. A different bike from what your looking for but I guess I would have to go with the
Giant.

coominya 06-04-17 03:38 PM

The Giant.

AlexCyclistRoch 06-04-17 04:54 PM

Seriously, if all you aspire to do is "using the bike for fun to ride up along the lake on the bike lanes only for an hour or two on sunny day days.", A Wal-Mart bike will suffice.

Garilia 06-04-17 05:53 PM

Does "using the bike for fun to ride up along the lake" mean riding fast? If it does, you get the red one, Red is always fastest. If speed scares you, get the yellow one.

GamblerGORD53 06-04-17 08:38 PM

The one without deFailers.

Gaelen 06-04-17 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by AlexCyclistRoch (Post 19631249)
Seriously, if all you aspire to do is "using the bike for fun to ride up along the lake on the bike lanes only for an hour or two on sunny day days.", A Wal-Mart bike will suffice.

^
This. It sounds like you just want to ride. Very commendable! At the times and distances you are wanting now, any of those would probably be good. My bike is 25 years old, though, so, I'm not any sort of informative about newer tech. Although, a Wal-Mart bike probably won't make that long of a journey.

From what I can tell: make sure the bike frame is the right size.
Make sure you love riding said bike.
This is not a chore. This is not something you "have to do", at first anyways. If it's still not old after several months of riding, keep adjusting your dosage/medication as necessary, and we'll be here for that, too.

baldilocks 06-06-17 03:13 AM

Both of my main bikes have come from a LBS. They have been very entry level. The first one has nineteen years on it and it is still going strong. I would avoid the Walmart bike.

LabRat55 06-12-17 02:52 PM

You should buy all three of them...and when you get mad at one you have two others to ride. Just like girlfriends....