Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

indyfabz 05-19-20 07:49 AM


Originally Posted by Lemond1985 (Post 21484164)
As I suspected. New grinder on the way. I had been using my blender up until now, if you can believe that. :lol:

All this grinder talk has made me hungry for a grinder.

big john 05-19-20 07:49 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21484129)
:twitchy:

I can't fathom repeatedly going anaerobic with a face mask on.

No way. A friend gave me a nice mask with an N95 filter. I wore it to Target (they had TP!) and it fits snugly. I crossed the store pushing the cart at high enough watts to raise my breathing a bit and it felt restrictive. I think if I tried to climb hills with it on I would get claustrophobic.

big john 05-19-20 07:51 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21484179)
Lance, 30 for 30. I wonder if they make him look likable.

https://youtu.be/YUsakV8RzZo

I'll watch it.

bampilot06 05-19-20 07:59 AM

was checking out pmc last night to and I saw handle bar power meters. Way cheaper than the cranks for obvious reasons, but is the information provided any good? 200 dollars sounds a lot better than 1200.

LAJ 05-19-20 08:02 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21484208)
was checking out pmc last night to and I saw handle bar power meters. Way cheaper than the cranks for obvious reasons, but is the information provided any good? 200 dollars sounds a lot better than 1200.

Stop that.

WhyFi 05-19-20 08:04 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21484208)
was checking out pmc last night to and I saw handle bar power meters. Way cheaper than the cranks for obvious reasons, but is the information provided any good? 200 dollars sounds a lot better than 1200.

I can think of a number of bike crap things that I'd rather spend that $200 on; first and foremost would be putting it towards a left crank arm power meter (if you didn't want to stretch to $500-600 for something like a P2M). I think they're starting at $300 these days and I was seeing some slightly over $200 a month or so ago.

Velo Vol 05-19-20 08:10 AM

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but my steering usually does't require much power.

abshipp 05-19-20 08:13 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21484208)
was checking out pmc last night to and I saw handle bar power meters. Way cheaper than the cranks for obvious reasons, but is the information provided any good? 200 dollars sounds a lot better than 1200.

So it's a pitot tube for your bike?


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21484213)
Stop that.

:lol:


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21484217)
I can think of a number of bike crap things that I'd rather spend that $200 on; first and foremost would be putting it towards a left crank arm power meter (if you didn't want to stretch to $500-600 for something like a P2M). I think they're starting at $300 these days and I was seeing some slightly over $200 a month or so ago.

Those 4IIII R7000 arms really seem quite reasonable, so long as they aren't total junk.

rjones28 05-19-20 08:14 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21484115)
On the positive side, it might kill all the raspberries.

So violent.

WhyFi 05-19-20 08:19 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21484236)
So it's a pitot tube for your bike?

That's what PowerPod/AeroPod use. I think that it would be cool in conjunction with a direct force power meter, so that you could geek out over various resistances, but I wouldn't touch one in lieu of a power meter.

bampilot06 05-19-20 08:19 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21484213)
Stop that.

Ill take that idea, put it in this box and throw it away.

WhyFi 05-19-20 08:21 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21484237)
So violent.

He has a lot of raspberry red in his ledger.

big john 05-19-20 08:21 AM

Two of the women I ride mountain bikes with thought we could do a social distancing ride today. I haven't ridden with anyone for weeks so I agreed. They picked a spot in the mountains 50 miles north of here where it's going to be 55 degrees with wind gusts to 30mph. I suggested a different ride where it's predicted to be 67 degrees and no wind. They voted for wind. These are the same two who convinced me to cross into closed terrain a couple years ago when we all got tickets.

indyfabz 05-19-20 08:23 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21484182)
All this grinder talk has made me hungry for a grinder.

And just so you know, around these parts, a grinder is not a grinder unless it's baked in an over. If not, it's a hoagie.

Lemond1985 05-19-20 08:34 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 21484261)
Two of the women I ride mountain bikes with thought we could do a social distancing ride today. I haven't ridden with anyone for weeks so I agreed. They picked a spot in the mountains 50 miles north of here where it's going to be 55 degrees with wind gusts to 30mph. I suggested a different ride where it's predicted to be 67 degrees and no wind. They voted for wind. These are the same two who convinced me to cross into closed terrain a couple years ago when we all got tickets.

Next thing you know, they'll want to go skinny-dipping. :rolleyes:

LesterOfPuppets 05-19-20 08:36 AM

Uh-oh. Coffee carafe broke. Gonna have to make cowboy coffee this morning.

big john 05-19-20 08:38 AM


Originally Posted by Lemond1985 (Post 21484283)
Next thing you know, they'll want to go skinny-dipping. :rolleyes:

If they do it probably won't involve me.:(

LesterOfPuppets 05-19-20 08:39 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 21484261)
Two of the women I ride mountain bikes with thought we could do a social distancing ride today. I haven't ridden with anyone for weeks so I agreed. They picked a spot in the mountains 50 miles north of here where it's going to be 55 degrees with wind gusts to 30mph. I suggested a different ride where it's predicted to be 67 degrees and no wind. They voted for wind. These are the same two who convinced me to cross into closed terrain a couple years ago when we all got tickets.

You're riding buddies with Thelma and Louise?

Kudos.

big john 05-19-20 08:42 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21484294)
You're riding buddies with Thelma and Louise?

Kudos.

Close. They're a couple of pranksters but they can ride road or mountain bikes. Done centuries with them, epic mtb rides, and shuttle downhill mtb rides.

LesterOfPuppets 05-19-20 08:46 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21484115)
On the positive side, it might kill all the raspberries.

Up in Vancouver I would often ride La Framboise Rd and when the berries were ripening it smelled so good! Sometimes I'd have a nice Framboise Lambic for a post ride refresher.

For some reason I only like blackberries and Marion berries (of that berry genre) now, maybe I over did it on the raspberry rides.

abshipp 05-19-20 08:47 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21484254)
That's what PowerPod/AeroPod use. I think that it would be cool in conjunction with a direct force power meter, so that you could geek out over various resistances, but I wouldn't touch one in lieu of a power meter.

I wonder if there would be a way to calculate your drag coefficient using one.

You would some strict control over environmental conditions, but maybe if you had access to an indoor velodrome it could work?

bampilot06 05-19-20 09:06 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21484309)
I wonder if there would be a way to calculate your drag coefficient using one.

You would some strict control over environmental conditions, but maybe if you had access to an indoor velodrome it could work?


best coast body angle when you are completely zonked out.

datlas 05-19-20 09:24 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21484286)
Uh-oh. Coffee carafe broke. Gonna have to make cowboy coffee this morning.

I hate it when that happens. Ours broke recently, you may recall.

Bah Humbug 05-19-20 09:43 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21484129)
:twitchy:

I can't fathom repeatedly going anaerobic with a face mask on.

I canít even imagine aerobic with a mask.

LAJ 05-19-20 09:44 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21484309)
I wonder if there would be a way to calculate your drag coefficient using one.

You would some strict control over environmental conditions, but maybe if you had access to an indoor velodrome it could work?

[MENTION=351576]Heathpack[/MENTION] did a lot of aerotesting using that exact method. Well... The indoor velodrome method, anyway. Constant repeatable power, using a real power meter, and an aero/fit expert.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.