Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

datlas 09-25-22 05:09 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22659140)
Obviously, but by then I will have the plastic wrapped sample size of carbon paste from Datlas to aid in the seat post swap page.

Donít forget to PM me your address.

bampilot06 09-25-22 05:17 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22659217)
Donít forget to PM me your address.


Itís all good, donít worry about it. I know my shop has some they just donít have any for sale, but I can prolly get some from them when the time comes.

genejockey 09-25-22 06:06 PM

I just ordered some assembly paste myself. I broke the binder bolt on the Litespeed, and discovered they'd used a keyed type, which had turned in its socket, and may not even have had a keyway in the first place. So it kind of flared out the edges of the socket. I spent time carefully grinding off the key on a new Sugino 19mm bolt, but then I think 19mm is too long - though that's what I took out. So I got a 17mm, and ground the key off THAT. But I swear, I tighten it down, and then I test it some time later and it has more tightening available. And on today's ride I think it slipped a couple mm. I think the socket edges are continuing to flare out, maybe, so I don't want to keep putting torque into it.

So, it's assembly paste for me!

seedsbelize2 09-25-22 06:29 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22659142)
Good too, but thicker.

But you only need a thin strip; no need to wrap it all the way around. I just find it much easier to handle. Fat Mennonite hands with stubby fingers.

indyfabz 09-25-22 06:31 PM

The 🦅 🦅 look for realz.

rjones28 09-25-22 06:48 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22659221)
Itís all good, donít worry about it. I know my shop has some they just donít have any for sale, but I can prolly get some from them when the time comes.

The last carbon seat post I bought came with a packet of carbon paste.

bampilot06 09-25-22 06:51 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22659297)
The last carbon seat post I bought came with a packet of carbon paste.


Woah, who said anything about a carbon seat post. Settle down.

genejockey 09-25-22 07:52 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22659297)
The last carbon seat post I bought came with a packet of carbon paste.

Same here, but it was a carbon seat post with a bike attached.

indyfabz 09-26-22 03:55 AM

Two on Saturday.

Three on Sunday.

This today:

Wordle 464 3/6

⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 09-26-22 05:46 AM

Wordle 464 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 09-26-22 06:30 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22659128)


Decided to go direction for my saddle bag woes. Maybe Iíll become a trend setter. Soon all the bikes at the Crits will be sporting these to hold chap sticks and what nots.

I've always been afraid of those due to possible paint abrasion/damage especially if grit gets under the strap on the TT.

seedsbelize2 09-26-22 06:48 AM

Wordle 464 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 09-26-22 07:33 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22659603)
I've always been afraid of those due to possible paint abrasion/damage especially if grit gets under the strap on the TT.

I'd prefer this attached to the down tube by the braze on screws -

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d0f282150d.jpg

bampilot06 09-26-22 07:37 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22659603)
I've always been afraid of those due to possible paint abrasion/damage especially if grit gets under the strap on the TT.


way to butter me up for success.

WhyFi 09-26-22 07:54 AM

Damn it - I left a few extra links on my chains this year because I was sure that I had a new-ish 11-28 cassette in my parts bin; I could use a few extra teeth for some hills on the ride this weekend, but I'm not seeing the cassette. Now that I think about it, though, I may have sold them with the Assaults last year. :foo:

WhyFi 09-26-22 07:58 AM

Also, bampilot06 needs to swing over to Conte's and pick up a Rapha musette for me - I need something that I can throw in a jersey pocket so that I can multi-task and carrying small stuff home when I'm out on the road bike (like coffee beans). I suppose that I could also do a string backpack, but that just doesn't have the same bike-doosh factor of a musette.

bampilot06 09-26-22 08:55 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22659665)
Also, bampilot06 needs to swing over to Conte's and pick up a Rapha musette for me - I need something that I can throw in a jersey pocket so that I can multi-task and carrying small stuff home when I'm out on the road bike (like coffee beans). I suppose that I could also do a string backpack, but that just doesn't have the same bike-doosh factor of a musette.


Do they have one in stock?

WhyFi 09-26-22 09:29 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22659723)
Do they have one in stock?

I saw them pop up in my search, but I didn't see which locations had them in stock. Not that it's terribly realistic to get my hands on one through you in a reasonable amount of time, anyway. Maybe if I forget and still haven't picked one up before our (presumed) winter trip to VA.

Rapha does have a few online, but they're all special editions and I'm not terribly fond of the graphics.

mschwett 09-26-22 09:49 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22659762)
I saw them pop up in my search, but I didn't see which locations had them in stock. Not that it's terribly realistic to get my hands on one through you in a reasonable amount of time, anyway. Maybe if I forget and still haven't picked one up before our (presumed) winter trip to VA.

Rapha does have a few online, but they're all special editions and I'm not terribly fond of the graphics.

if the SF rapha has one, happy to drop it in the mail for you. i live within a few minute walkÖ my guess is they only have the ones with the nutty graphics.

Mojo31 09-26-22 10:15 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22659762)
I saw them pop up in my search, but I didn't see which locations had them in stock. Not that it's terribly realistic to get my hands on one through you in a reasonable amount of time, anyway. Maybe if I forget and still haven't picked one up before our (presumed) winter trip to VA.

Rapha does have a few online, but they're all special editions and I'm not terribly fond of the graphics.

You like blue?

Blue Rapha Cycling Club Musette Shoulder Bag | eBay

Eric F 09-26-22 10:27 AM

Last Monday, on the night before my daughter and I headed out for the drive to the University of Oregon, we discussed bringing the townie bike I had spent the last couple of weeks putting together for her. The word from a friend was that bike theft crime in Eugene is very high (not unusual at colleges). Despite having a good u-lock + cable, and her dorm having a locked bike cage, my daughter made the decision to leave the bike home until she got a sense of how safe it would be. This turned out to be an excellent decision. On the first night at the dorm, the bike cage was broken into, and most of the bikes stolen. During our unloading process, I saw quite a few bikes being checked-in, including a couple that were pretty decent (a Spec MTB, most notably). I have no doubt that the local bike thieves were waiting to pounce well ahead of time.

bampilot06 09-26-22 10:33 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22659762)
I saw them pop up in my search, but I didn't see which locations had them in stock. Not that it's terribly realistic to get my hands on one through you in a reasonable amount of time, anyway. Maybe if I forget and still haven't picked one up before our (presumed) winter trip to VA.

Rapha does have a few online, but they're all special editions and I'm not terribly fond of the graphics.


not in stock in willyburg, but if you ship to store i can pick it up and hold it hostage til you return.

WhyFi 09-26-22 11:01 AM


Originally Posted by mschwett (Post 22659789)
if the SF rapha has one, happy to drop it in the mail for you. i live within a few minute walkÖ my guess is they only have the ones with the nutty graphics.

That would be my assumption, too. I looked online briefly and saw mostly special editions. I was amused to see that scalpers are trying to sell the EF/Palace musettes for $100 plus shipping. :rolleyes:


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22659817)

I do, but that's way more substantial than what I'm looking for. I want something light that I can fold in half, shove in a jersey pocket and not know it's there (until I need it). I really don't anticipate carrying more than a pound or so. Mostly, I haven't been driving as much lately, and I hate the idea of driving 15-20 miles round-trip just for some coffee beans, but I love the idea of swinging by the roaster on the tail end of a ride - fitting a 16oz bag of beans in a jersey pocket isn't easy.


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22659833)
not in stock in willyburg, but if you ship to store i can pick it up and hold it hostage til you return.

I checked the shipping option - it's more than the cost of the bag. :lol:

I'll probably just tack on the least offensive option available the next time I place an order online. Maybe it'll even get me over the free shipping price hump. :o

MoAlpha 09-26-22 11:19 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22659665)
Also, bampilot06 needs to swing over to Conte's and pick up a Rapha musette for me - I need something that I can throw in a jersey pocket so that I can multi-task and carrying small stuff home when I'm out on the road bike (like coffee beans). I suppose that I could also do a string backpack, but that just doesn't have the same bike-doosh factor of a musette.

Having been a bike messenger and used a variety of shoulder bags on bikes in the decades when men wore such things on the street, my advice is get the backpack. Shoulder bags are fine on upright bikes, but as soon as you try to use one in anything remotely approaching an aero posture, it slides off your back and finds a highly stable location hanging off your side with your knee banging it. The pros use musettes for obvious reasons, but they have to sit up to keep them behind.

Plus, I mean, really????

WhyFi 09-26-22 11:29 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22659871)
Having been a bike messenger and used a variety of shoulder bags on bikes in the decades when men wore such things on the street, my advice is get the backpack. Shoulder bags are fine on upright bikes, but as soon as you try to use one in anything remotely approaching an aero posture, it slides off your back and finds a highly stable location hanging off your side with your knee banging it. The pros use musettes for obvious reasons, but they have to sit up to keep them behind.

Plus, I mean, really????

Don't misunderestimate the cycling doosh factor.

....but if a cycling apparel company makes a cycling doosh drawstring bag.... :innocent:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.