Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Velo Vol 08-27-21 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22203020)
I have trimmed it in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lk2KHajp4Y

The music video was not asked for, or wanted.

WhyFi 08-27-21 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22203021)
Also considering the canyon ultimate CF SLX 8. The reviews are hard to pass up, just wish the brake cables were hidden.

That there makes it a non-starter for me - whatever my next performance bike purchase, it'll have a clean cockpit, free from external wires, cables and brake lines.

Velo Vol 08-27-21 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22203050)
That there makes it a non-starter for me - whatever my next performance bike purchase, it'll have a clean cockpit, free from external wires, cables and brake lines.

wut's wrong with wires?

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6abb04a75b.jpg

WhyFi 08-27-21 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22203059)
wut's wrong with wires?

They attract too many birds.

phrantic09 08-27-21 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22202354)
well that’s depressing. Looks like either wilier won’t be available until may next year. I have one bike shop hunting down a frame for me but with them building it, it’s going to exceed the cost. They offered sram red axs and enve wheels for 5 percent off but I think that will bring it to 10,000 or more. Wilier USA advertises di 2 for 9,000, however if I could get it with sram force it would be 8,000. I even am now leaning towards the zero SL. With sram or chorus it would be 7,000 which would leave money over for a computer, power meter and trainer. Unfortunately I can’t find one anywhere.

Not that I need to rush, but getting permission from the wife one has to act before she changes her mind.

Allied echo interest me a lot, just doesn’t have the aero I was hoping for, but maybe that’s not as important? Thoughts?

For 7-9K the bike should come with a PM imo

indyfabz 08-27-21 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22203046)
The music video was not asked for, or wanted.

Don't ask and you shall receive.

genejockey 08-27-21 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22202882)
I just got a message from a patient citing ONE study on Ivermectin and asking me to write him a script.

Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent. Not at this juncture.

I know there may be a fine line between cutting edge and quackery, but I am a fairly mainstream physician/internist and it's too soon to be jumping on this bandwagon.

You can cite this one back to him.

big john 08-27-21 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22202837)
There is a Saturn forums, in case anyone is wondering.

I just posted in there yesterday about changing the manual transmission fluid. The owner's manual says change at 30K and never again. So I am at 190K and last change was 160K ago. Works fine. But apparently that may not be correct?

I've heard this debated since I was a ute. I've seen a document from GM saying it's better to not change the oil because the metal in the oil acts as a lubricant. Same with differentials.
Some manual transmissions use ATF instead of gear oil. If I was going to change the oil on a manual trans, (I never have) it would be one with ATF.

Bah Humbug 08-27-21 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22202907)
Interesting that they find Ivermectin to be safer than the vaccine.

And all the “we don’t know the long term effects of the vax” but no concerns about the long term effects of covid…

big john 08-27-21 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22203071)
For 7-9K the bike should come with an engine imo

fifm

Bah Humbug 08-27-21 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22202907)
Interesting that they find Ivermectin to be safer than the vaccine.

And all the “we don’t know the long term effects of the vax” but no concerns about the long term effects of covid…

genejockey 08-27-21 08:53 AM

The thing that drives me crazy about the craze for Ivermectin, or HCQ for that matter, is that, when you have multiple studies and some show AT BEST a small effect while others show no effect, the conclusion is that the effect is minimal to nonexistent. THAT is what the rational mind concludes. OTOH, there are large, controlled studies as well as 178 million vaccinees and the control population of unvaccinated that demonstrate clear, and high efficacy for the vaccine, as well as safety. But there are people out there literally drinking sheep dip and poisoning themselves, rather than take a vaccine that's been demonstrated safe and efficacious, and mostly because being against the vaccine is now a group identifier - people are actually getting vaccinated secretly for fear of their friends' reactions.

This is beyond stupid. It's psychotic.

genejockey 08-27-21 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22203071)
For 7-9K the bike should come with a PM imo

I feel like for 7-9K a bike should come with a valet who will keep it clean, lubed, and the tires pumped up.

Bah Humbug 08-27-21 08:57 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...57fcae26b.jpeg

Interrupted someone’s breakfast while taking out the trash this morning.

genejockey 08-27-21 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22203121)

Imagine how infrequently you'd have to eat if you could eat things bigger than your head.....

genejockey 08-27-21 09:17 AM

I noticed this on Strava the other day -
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d289e98c2a.jpg
And trying to come up with a good joke, like "That's a Hell of a lot of efforts", or "It's been a Beast getting to this number", but nothing truly satisfying, so I'll just leave it there.

Mojo31 08-27-21 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22203117)
I feel like for 7-9K a bike should come with a valet who will keep it clean, lubed, and the tires pumped up.

Both of my wife's bikes cost far less than that, and they came with such a valet.

indyfabz 08-27-21 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22203121)

It's a lizard eat grasshopper world out there.

BillyD 08-27-21 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22202945)
Ironic, isn't it, that they won't put the vaccine in their bodies because it's not "safe," but they will put Ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine and who knows what into their bodies even though it may not be safe.

Edit: Seeds beat me.

Doesn't matter, that drum needs to be beat over and over and over. These ignorant people are a hazard to not only themselves but to everybody else.

LAJ 08-27-21 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22203114)

You just described the country as a whole.

indyfabz 08-27-21 09:24 AM

One of my guilty TV pleasures is watching reruns of Family Feud. The Steve Harvey version. One one episode the survey asked 100 people to name U.S. presidents who might have done well on "Jeopardy?" A family with a chance to steal the round answered "J. Edgar Hoover."

LAJ 08-27-21 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22203169)
You just described the country world as a whole.

Fixed

Mojo31 08-27-21 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22203172)
One of my guilty TV pleasures is watching reruns of Family Feud. The Steve Harvey version. One one episode the survey asked 100 people to name U.S. presidents who might have done well on "Jeopardy?" A family with a chance to steal the round answered "J. Edgar Hoover."

Maybe he was the "real" president at the time. Pretty powerful guy.

BillyD 08-27-21 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22203114)
The thing that drives me crazy about the craze for Ivermectin, or HCQ for that matter, is that, when you have multiple studies and some show AT BEST a small effect while others show no effect, the conclusion is that the effect is minimal to nonexistent. THAT is what the rational mind concludes. OTOH, there are large, controlled studies as well as 178 million vaccinees and the control population of unvaccinated that demonstrate clear, and high efficacy for the vaccine, as well as safety. But there are people out there literally drinking sheep dip and poisoning themselves, rather than take a vaccine that's been demonstrated safe and efficacious, and mostly because being against the vaccine is now a group identifier - people are actually getting vaccinated secretly for fear of their friends' reactions.

Um . . . where can I get me some of that sheep dip? I got this rash. :(

genejockey 08-27-21 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22203184)
Um . . . where can I get me some of that sheep dip? I got this rash. :(

Too many rash decisions.