Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

ls01 10-27-21 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22284563)
You need to do a deep cleanse or something.

Your kharma is not centered.

My Kharma has mental issues bordering on schizophrenia...

Velo Vol 10-27-21 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22285198)
After 15 hours itís not As bad as #2, but I sure as hell donít feel like getting on the bike and riding to work with 16 kts on the nose.

American please.

ls01 10-27-21 04:14 AM

I did get a very nicely apologetic email from Sophie at Sram's help dept confirming that there are no more diagnostic steps and that I would not be offered any kind of warranty replacement. Not even a crash replacement! Nothing. Zip. Nadda.
But that I should feel free to go to any Sram authorized dealer to see if they could "do something for me".
Something? Like help themselves to a couple Hunerd of my dollars? There just aren't enough eff you's to cover how stroke inducing angry that makes me.

datlas 10-27-21 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22285089)

Yes, I did watch that back in the mid Ď80ís. That and Hill Street Blues stick in my mind as quality dramas.

bampilot06 10-27-21 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22285214)
I did get a very nicely apologetic email from Sophie at Sam's help dept confirming that there are no more diagnostic steps and that I would not be offered any kind of warranty replacement. Not even a crash replacement! Nothing. Zip. Nadda.
But that I should feel free to go to any Sram authorized dealer to see if they could "do something for me".
Something? Like help themselves to a couple Hunerd of my dollars? There just aren't enough eff you's to cover how stroke inducing angry that makes me.

Yea thatís kind of some bull ****. I wonder what trek would have done for my if my crash had f up my rear de railer to point of not working. It got scratched pretty good but thank god it still shifts.

hopefully your next one doesnít get screwed up.

DougRNS 10-27-21 05:58 AM

Day 3 of staycation. It's going fast and I'm going to work tomorrow to avoid being buried when I get back.

datlas 10-27-21 06:18 AM

Storm is gone. It’s windy but even so, time to ride.

Velo Vol 10-27-21 06:51 AM

List so I remember what to do today:

--Eat

---Work

--Cycling Activity

--Eat

--Trumpet

--Other

Velo Vol 10-27-21 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22285217)
Yes, I did watch that back in the mid Ď80ís. That and Hill Street Blues stick in my mind as quality dramas.

Before my time, obv.

BillyD 10-27-21 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22285033)
I rarely make lists, because I remember stuff.

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22285039)
Wait 10 years and get back to me...if you remember.

This. As sure as night follows day. :lol:

BillyD 10-27-21 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22285112)
I was a regular patron of our local dry cleaner back in the 90s. Wool suits, silk ties, cotton shirts.

It was the 80s for me, but yeah, like clockwork.

BillyD 10-27-21 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22285198)
After 15 hours itís not As bad as #2, but I sure as hell donít feel like getting on the bike and riding to work with 16 kts on the nose. Letís see what a gram of APAP does.

kts? APAP?

WhyFi 10-27-21 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by sbxx1985 (Post 22285114)
Bulls are 4-0. First time since 1996.

They've got an exciting core. Hell, even if they weren't winning games, they'd at least be fun to watch.

I still miss Zach. :(

WhyFi 10-27-21 07:30 AM

I did get a very nicely apologetic email from Sophie at Sam's help dept confirming that there are no more diagnostic steps and that I would not be offered any kind of warranty replacement. Not even a crash replacement! Nothing. Zip. Nadda.

I totally understand the stance of only providing warranty support if the gear was bought through an authorized dealer... but when they're directly responsible for bricking it, that's a horse of a different color.

I'll boycott SRAM in solidarity with you. :troll:

....but I'm not giving up my Zipps. :o

Mojo31 10-27-21 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22285308)
kts? APAP?

18.4 mph for the lubbers.

abshipp 10-27-21 07:46 AM

We've had C19 running through the shop over the last week, keeping about half of our staff out on a 10 day quarantine (no serious cases, thankfully!)

I'm one of the few who hasn't gotten it, and I'm one of the few who is vaccinated.

​​​I'd like a booster any time now, thanks!

MoAlpha 10-27-21 07:49 AM

Well, that was a mistake.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1585ee110a.png

indyfabz 10-27-21 07:49 AM

When I was shopping at Family Dollar on Monday a clerk told the manager that someone had called and asked if she could buy some Depends for her mom and exchange them for a different size if they didnít fit.

Velo Vol 10-27-21 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22285342)
18.4 mph for the lubbers.

SMH.

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22285350)

Obv.

Mojo31 10-27-21 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22285352)
When I was shopping at Family Dollar on Monday a clerk told the manager that someone had called and asked if she could buy some Depends for her mom and exchange them for a different size if they didnít fit.

Seems reasonable.

big john 10-27-21 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22285217)

What I liked about Hill Street Blues was that it showed police as human beings with human frailties and failures instead of other shows that depicted them as superheroes and infallible humans. I knew I was going to like it when I saw JD reaching for his stashed bottles during the day.

big john 10-27-21 08:52 AM

A forum member had bought a nice used Madone and it cracked around the BB. Trek told him no warranty, try your dealer, etc. He was pretty upset with them.

In my biz we sometimes would have to replace an engine computer after attempting to reprogram one. If it was for a recall we could warranty the computer even if the car was out of warranty.

Electronic throttles get carboned up and need to be cleaned to make the car idle right and as it gets dirtier the computer compensates to a certain point but after you clean it the idle is too fast and it needs to "relearn". Some of the early ones can't relearn and the computer has to be replaced and this is not warranty on an older car. So, technically, we broke it but we aren't paying for it. After we figured out which cars had the problem we would warn the customer and include the price of the computer in the estimate.

ls01 10-27-21 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22285219)
Yea thatís kind of some bull ****. I wonder what trek would have done for my if my crash had f up my rear de railer to point of not working. It got scratched pretty good but thank god it still shifts.

hopefully your next one doesnít get screwed up.

If it does. Shiz going up for sale. Di2 here I come. I already feel like I've been date ***** a couple times and am now living with the offspring of that union.
here's some highlights.
All the proprietary stuff when I built this boat anchor of a bike.
The redesign of the pf30 monstrosity into an even bigger crappier monstrosity known as Dub pf30.
6 months after I purchased my E tap upgrade for Contador, brand new Sram discontinued support for it in favor of axs.
Now this. Sram started out as a fairly user friendly company. Today, they don't even take phone calls. Email only.
In the words of our dear departed benifactor Sram can bite me.

ls01 10-27-21 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22285298)
This. As sure as night follows .......errr.....that other thing :lol:

ffce (fixed for comedic effect)

WhyFi 10-27-21 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22285350)

Heh - yeah, I logged in to Strava and saw that shortly after seeing your previous post. More proof that smart people do dumb things all of the time. :p