Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

LesterOfPuppets 02-15-22 07:26 PM

Fellow boondocks riders, careful around those bulls:

big john 02-15-22 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22410746)
I was very frustrated with wordle today. I asked mrs datlas if it was a well known word. She said yes.

I finally got it on 6th try and told her itís a very obscure word. She said wut

Turns out the NYT wordle site is not the same solution as the original wordle site. Today, the NYT solution was easy and the powerlanguage site solution was not so easy.

Is Wordle 'broken?' Two different answers today spark outrage (nypost.com)

LesterOfPuppets 02-15-22 07:32 PM

I tried to go to power language on my phone but it redirected to NYT
Wordle 241 3/6 ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LesterOfPuppets 02-15-22 07:33 PM

Oof, what happened there? Line breaks went poof?

big john 02-15-22 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22410828)
Fellow boondocks riders, careful around those bulls:

https://youtu.be/bBsBuxxh7OI

It was some kind of gravel race. The guy was banged up but not badly hurt and finished the race. He said he saw the bull but wasn't worried it would hurt him, he was more concerned with maintaining his momentum.

One time several of us were mountain biking and a water crossing was blocked by a bunch of range cattle. While we were trying to figure out what to do this tiny girl jumped on her Yo Betty and charged the cows, yelling and hooting at them. They all scattered and I was impressed.

LesterOfPuppets 02-15-22 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22410870)
It was some kind of gravel race. The guy was banged up but not badly hurt and finished the race. He said he saw the bull but wasn't worried it would hurt him, he was more concerned with maintaining his momentum.

Yeah, I'd read about it Sunday night I think, but didn't know there was video. You can totally tell he's like damn, what's that bull gonna do? Screw it, I gotta watch my time!

I even get freaked out by horses in the road, they stare at me so weird I think they're gonna hoof me to death if I advance so I sit and stare at them from 20 yards out 'til they get bored and move along.

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22410870)
One time several of us were mountain biking and a water crossing was blocked by a bunch of range cattle. While we were trying to figure out what to do this tiny girl jumped on her Yo Betty and charged the cows, yelling and hooting at them. They all scattered and I was impressed.

Wow, I'd never do that. Well maybe when I was in my 20s. :)

Mojo31 02-15-22 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22410802)
I canít even imagine how expensive itís going to get. One lucky thing is my employer actually covers a decent amount of tuition for dependents because weíre academically owned. So if I stay that long, itíll be nice.

Oh, itís going to get expensive!

Just finished paying the full freight for two college educations. Now spending for a wedding that will cost almost as much as a bachelor's degree.

it never ends.

LesterOfPuppets 02-15-22 08:19 PM

Livery of the day

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...xA&oe=62110F65

Mojo31 02-15-22 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22410875)
Yeah, I'd read about it Sunday night I think, but didn't know there was video. You can totally tell he's like damn, what's that bull gonna do? Screw it, I gotta watch my time!

I even get freaked out by horses in the road, they stare at me so weird I think they're gonna hoof me to death if I advance so I sit and stare at them from 20 yards out 'til they get bored and move along.

Wow, I'd never do that. Well maybe when I was in my 20s. :)

Cows are not a big deal. The bulls deserve some distance.

Leverage that info next time you come across a herd.

Velo Vol 02-15-22 08:38 PM

Tough night in band. Multiple people didn't have the right music and the director lost it.

Velo Vol remained calm throughout.

LesterOfPuppets 02-15-22 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22410902)
Tough night in band. Multiple people didn't have the right music and the director lost it.

Did he break his baton in two?

rjones28 02-15-22 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22410902)

Velo Vol remained calm throughout.

Did you have the right music?

LesterOfPuppets 02-15-22 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22410916)

Maybe they thought he said The Night's Music

Velo Vol 02-15-22 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22410821)
Ahhhh, when was the last time you suckiz saw ďleverageĒ used correctly as a verb twice in one thread?

There's another way?

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22410907)
Did he break his baton in two?

Took a time out.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22410916)

Obviously.

Velo Vol 02-15-22 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22410919)
Maybe they thought he said The Night's Music

The first problem was when we started to play this no one had the third trombone part, or knew where one was. Facepalm.

seedsbelize2 02-15-22 09:15 PM

A touring cyclist couple here from South Africa. Retired pharmacist and retired dentist. They informed me that starting back with the cycling, or other similar exercise too fast, too soon after any virus can damage the heart. I did not know that. Weird wild stuff.

Velo Vol 02-15-22 09:21 PM

On NBC they said that during that Russian skater's hearing someone tried to explain it by saying her sample had been contaminated by her grandfather's medicine. LOL

Velo Vol 02-15-22 09:26 PM

It's not a real sport if 15 year-olds are competing at the highest level.

Discuss.

rjones28 02-15-22 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22410920)
Obviously.

Is it?

rjones28 02-15-22 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22410928)
The first problem was when we started to play this no one had the third trombone part, or knew where one was. Facepalm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMLFkUuBxb0

Do you have at least 3 trombones?

genejockey 02-15-22 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22410950)
Do you have at least 3 trombones?

Nanki-Poo.What if it should prove that, after all, I am no musician?

Yum-Yum. There! I was certain of it, directly I heard you play!

Velo Vol 02-15-22 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22409015)
Now for the most boring part of the sports year, the month without football and before March Madness begins.

Incorrect. :bday:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d8ea71c8ac.png

big john 02-15-22 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22410875)

I don't think I've ridden around horses that didn't have riders on them. I lived in equestrian areas and rode near horses a lot and only had trouble with riders twice. One time a Karen ranted at me for several minutes about how I would be sued for riding there etc.

LesterOfPuppets 02-15-22 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22410991)
I don't think I've ridden around horses that didn't have riders on them. I lived in equestrian areas and rode near horses a lot and only had trouble with riders twice. One time a Karen ranted at me for several minutes about how I would be sued for riding there etc.

There were a few managed herds of horses up where I rode in Wyoming, and a couple herds around here, but I don't go riding much in the areas where the horses are around here. I go into burro areas from time to time though.

indyfabz 02-16-22 05:07 AM

Meh

Wordle 242 4/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩