Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   STRAVA is making me crazy (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1292871)

bruce19 05-03-24 08:44 AM

STRAVA is making me crazy

I've been using STRAVA for years and I like it. But, I didn't upload data for about 6 months. Now when I go on I get a blank page except for a couple headers. If I click on My Activities I get all my rides but it seems like they have deleted all the people I was following. If I go to Activity Feed, there is nothing. Has anyone had this happen? Any suggestions for a solution? Trying to contact STRAVA Help is a joke..They don't respond to my emails. Any ideas?

Iride01 05-03-24 08:54 AM

www.RideWithGPS.com virtually always has answered my questions the same day I ask them. They also don't pester me with all the patronizing awards and stuff that STRAVA does when I use to frequent it as often as I did RWGPS.

terrymorse 05-03-24 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by bruce19 (Post 23230274)
I've been using STRAVA for years and I like it. But, I didn't upload data for about 6 months. Now when I go on I get a blank page except for a couple headers. If I click on My Activities I get all my rides but it seems like they have deleted all the people I was following. If I go to Activity Feed, there is nothing. Has anyone had this happen? Any suggestions for a solution? Trying to contact STRAVA Help is a joke..They don't respond to my emails. Any ideas?

See if the problem is isolated to a specific browser or app. In other words, try accessing Strava using different browsers, and using the app on your phone.

rsbob 05-03-24 10:14 AM

If you are not using a browser, delete and re-load the app. Just spit-balling.

bruce19 05-03-24 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Iride01 (Post 23230284)
www.RideWithGPS.com virtually always has answered my questions the same day I ask them. They also don't pester me with all the patronizing awards and stuff that STRAVA does when I use to frequent it as often as I did RWGPS.

I actually have an account there. I'll have to spend some time there. It doesn't seem to have the data I look for but it could just be my inexperience with it.

Iride01 05-03-24 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by bruce19 (Post 23230405)
I actually have an account there. I'll have to spend some time there. It doesn't seem to have the data I look for but it could just be my inexperience with it.

I still use the old classic view that gives a lot of info. I don't like their new abbreviated view either. They don't provide a link for it any more. But with the <new ride page> disabled in settings, I'm able to still get to it. Though occasionally it burps and takes me to the new ride format.

If you can get back to it and find that has the info you want, then tell them you prefer the old page with lots of info too. I've been on to them for years about this. They claim they are eventually going to roll out a new page with better functionality. But so far it hasn't happened.

There are lots of info on it that is presented in fly outs that you have to either click the segment name or hover in the best efforts section to get the link to expand the info. Plus hovering over other info will show you on the map where that took place.

BTinNYC 05-03-24 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by bruce19 (Post 23230274)

Are you a paid subscriber? I think the free accounts keep 1 year's data live, so only rides after Jan 1 will show up but your total miles will show up in your Profile page

bruce19 05-03-24 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by BTinNYC (Post 23230466)
Are you a paid subscriber? I think the free accounts keep 1 year's data live, so only rides after Jan 1 will show up but your total miles will show up in your Profile page

I have been a paid subscriber for a couple years. My info is still all there but none of the folks I was following show up. I went to one of them and it says I'm following her but no data anywhere.

BTinNYC 05-03-24 12:16 PM

Ack, no bueno.

mpetry912 05-05-24 08:44 AM

ridewithGPS is so much better than Strava it's not even funny

/markp

_ForceD_ 05-05-24 09:08 AM

There is a Strava discussion forum that frequently covers issues like this with the app, and with accessing your account via web browser.

https://communityhub.strava.com

Dan

CrimsonEclipse 05-05-24 09:50 AM

[singing]
I need a Strava that won't drive me cray-zay!