Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

datlas 06-04-20 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21515738)
It hit 99 on my ride today. Average temperature was 98. It was worse than I actually thought it would be. I stuck to the shade but the heat zapped my energy pretty quickly. I kept down shifting to keep my cadence up and I cadence kept slowing down. At a certain point i just htfu and kept meshing at around 80 rpm usually I am at 98 to 105. I donít think Iíll ride during the day when itís that hot again.

Oh and more things to add to my ever growing amazon list.
Another bontrager cage
bottle that is actually insulated
white helmet.

My current helmet is black and at one point I think I could feel my head cooking.

hot

ls01 06-04-20 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21515740)
I hear bent-up anger can lead to high blood pressure or worse.

Just an FYI.

nah, just a rumor. If it was true I would have sploded long ago

ls01 06-04-20 07:19 PM

That dude from the bike trail, touching that little girl needs to get the ever loving chit kicked out of him. I hope they string him up when they catch him.

Velo Vol 06-04-20 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21515736)
No

Reminds me--where I was mowing there was a Saturn parked. I do not know the model. :bday:

ls01 06-04-20 07:25 PM

Bam, it takes a while to aclimate to riding in heat like that. I love riding in heat but you must hydrate like a Camel. There comes a point when its just not a good idea. So break your ride into 2 parts. Morning and evening. Or just do short rides until acclimated.

ls01 06-04-20 07:32 PM

So my whyfi router sharted the bed a few days ago. I just installed the new one and set it up. I managed to burn through all of my mobile data, that was how I figured out to look at my settings.
It frustrated me because it was a setting. The router still worked but something changed all my log in information to my security. I couldn't get back in even through the admin back door. Frigging netgear....

bampilot06 06-04-20 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21515766)
Bam, it takes a while to aclimate to riding in heat like that. I love riding in heat but you must hydrate like a Camel. There comes a point when its just not a good idea. So break your ride into 2 parts. Morning and evening. Or just do short rides until acclimated.

I usually ride first thing in the morning. Was tired this morning so decided to sleep in. Wonít make that mistake again. Traffic was also pretty bad which I am not used to. It seemed like almost every intersection I had to wait for a car, which isnít a big deal, but it is annoying. I also didnít pre hydrate all that well, and I need to get some kind of electrolytes to bring with me.

Velo Vol 06-04-20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21515736)
Yes

Velo Vol 06-04-20 08:19 PM

Oh.

ls01 06-04-20 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21515776)
I usually ride first thing in the morning. Was tired this morning so decided to sleep in. Wonít make that mistake again. Traffic was also pretty bad which I am not used to. It seemed like almost every intersection I had to wait for a car, which isnít a big deal, but it is annoying. I also didnít pre hydrate all that well, and I need to get some kind of electrolytes to bring with me.

I'm a big believer in water. Most of us have too much salt intake as it is. If I'm out in the heat and get salt stains I'll have a Gatorade. Otherwise I stick to water. Its just going to turn to sweat....

seedsbelize 06-04-20 08:25 PM

I hate to keep harping on this, but I have never experienced rain like this. Scheduled to to continue raining cats and dogs at least through tomorrow night

big john 06-04-20 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21515766)

I always worked outside and over hot engines a lot so I acclimated to the heat pretty well but toward the end I could be exhausted when the weekend came. Now that I'm retired I have to be more careful but not being wiped out, stressed out, and beat up from a week of work is a huge plus.

I rarely have trouble with the heat if there isn't a lot of climbing. I sweat so much when it's cool out that a hot climb demands lots of water.

seedsbelize 06-04-20 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21515740)
I hear bent-up anger can lead to high blood pressure or worse.

Just an FYI.

pent
Fixed

ls01 06-04-20 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21515881)
pent
Fixed

maybe he was angry he bent his recumbent?. Then it would be bent up anger

ls01 06-04-20 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21515868)
I hate to keep harping on this, but I have never experienced rain like this. Scheduled to to continue raining cats and dogs at least through tomorrow night

remember. Arks are traditionally built using the cubit as a unit of measurement. You can find plans on the intertubes

ls01 06-04-20 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21515928)
remember. Arks are traditionally built using the cubit as a unit of measurement. You can find plans on the intertubes

Oh... make sure you have a male and a female of each animal.... that mistake can be so embarasing...

LesterOfPuppets 06-04-20 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21515625)
Gutty effort on the lawn today. For the first time in three months, the church will congregate this weekend. But not in the building. Instead on said lawn. Those in attendance will have a quality cut lawn to admire during the service.

In a mysterious departure from 2020, I was sweating a lot today. Also got sunburned. :foo:

I did not sufficiently pre-hydrate. Had to hit the water hose twice instead of once. Sad.

No pics?

I got a 4-zone sprinkler controller wired up yesterday!

Tomorrow hopefully I can get the 6-zone set up and life will be easy. Well except for a little popcorn ceiling removal and a LOT of painting...

LesterOfPuppets 06-04-20 09:46 PM

Check out this ham on my friend's back porch!

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...1b&oe=5F0007C7

indyfabz 06-05-20 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21515972)
Check out this ham on my friend's back porch!

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...1b&oe=5F0007C7

Owls are my favorite.

rjones28 06-05-20 06:53 AM

Got a boat?

rjones28 06-05-20 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21515920)
maybe he was angry he bent his recumbent?. Then it would be bent up anger

Today's ride down to the bike shop with be on a bent trike.

noodle soup 06-05-20 07:11 AM

Scheduled to to continue raining cats and dogs at least through tomorrow night

Hey, free pets.

noodle soup 06-05-20 07:30 AM

Want

https://all4cycling.b-cdn.net/media/...nake-20-hr.jpg

indyfabz 06-05-20 07:30 AM

Well that was odd. Put my trash out on the curb and heard this constant beeping. Thought it was my car, which is right outside my house. Wasn't the cause. Finally discovered it was coming from one of my neighbor's trash bags. Knocked on the door. Wife came out. Turns out they had thrown out an old smoke detector.

indyfabz 06-05-20 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21516373)

"Snake skin shoes baby put them on your feet"