Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

Mojo31 05-18-22 01:15 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22511305)
Not for constant viewing, but auditing. I agree in principle with “hell no”, but these few mystery crashes are very high-profile. We have the FDR but still don’t know exactly what happened.

And lots of people are videod at work, no matter how ****** it is.

When I moved into my current office, the prior occupant had cameras in every room but the bathroom. I ripped them all out. Not a believer.

DougRNS 05-18-22 01:18 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22511305)
Not for constant viewing, but auditing. I agree in principle with “hell no”, but these few mystery crashes are very high-profile. We have the FDR but still don’t know exactly what happened.

And lots of people are videod at work, no matter how ****** it is.

cover the camera with tape. Foiled again. Unless hidden very well.

Bah Humbug 05-18-22 01:18 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22511315)
When I moved into my current office, the prior occupant had cameras in every room but the bathroom. I ripped them all out. Not a believer.

I mean, me neither. The Bank gave us a training course last month for “we can monitor anything and everything you do on your laptop”. Which of course, but the fact that they started saying it all of a second is interesting. Wonder if they’ll can people for slacking. I’d be so heartbroken.

Bah Humbug 05-18-22 01:19 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22511323)
cover the camera with tape. Foiled again. Unless hidden very well.

Then you know the crash involved intention. No foiling.

bampilot06 05-18-22 01:21 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22511305)
Not for constant viewing, but auditing. I agree in principle with “hell no”, but these few mystery crashes are very high-profile. We have the FDR but still don’t know exactly what happened.

And lots of people are videod at work, no matter how ****** it is.


Unions would never go for it, and honestly the FAA wouldn’t either. You would be surprised what the company can see real time without a video camera. The plane is talking to the company the whole time.

Whens the last time an airline operated by an American company had a flight crew do something like this? I can’t think of a single one, but I also only really study the crashes that were mechanical and relate to me.

Other countries needing a camera? Maybe. I have no idea what their standards are, the CRM training or anything . I will tell you with a very small exception, I wouldn’t put my family on a flight from another country.
British Airways, Air Lingus, Lustansfa, Quantas, Air Italia, KLM are some of the exceptions. I’m sure there are a few more.

bampilot06 05-18-22 01:22 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22511326)
Then you know the crash involved intention. No foiling.


If cameras were put in the plane, I guarantee they would all be covered by the second flight. No ill intention involved.

bampilot06 05-18-22 01:24 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22511313)
Cool bracket! :thumb:

Gunky chain. :eek:


I literally just cleaned it the ride before…… I cannot find a lube that isn’t gross.


I know I know wax…….. but the quick links for that sram chain are expensive. That’s my excuse.

WhyFi 05-18-22 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22511333)
I know I know wax…….. but the quick links for that sram chain are expensive. That’s my excuse.

Are the SRAM quick links *actually* one-time use? Shimano say that they're one-time, but that means the lifetime of one chain.

Mojo31 05-18-22 01:38 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22511324)
I mean, me neither. The Bank gave us a training course last month for “we can monitor anything and everything you do on your laptop”. Which of course, but the fact that they started saying it all of a second is interesting. Wonder if they’ll can people for slacking. I’d be so heartbroken.

When I had a larger firm and various employees, both professional and staff, I made it known that their computers belonged to the firm, and that while we wouldn't routinely do so, we had the right to access them at any time we wanted to. We also were pretty clear that all of their work product for the clients belonged to the firm and had to be maintained on the server, and that they could not create private data bases that we could not access, whether on our computers or their personal computers. We had to do that to protect the business and for professional liability purposes.

With that said, I've never installed any type of keystroke tracking or other spyware, and found it offensive to have surveillance cameras peering down on people.

Mojo31 05-18-22 01:39 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22511323)
cover the camera with tape. Foiled again. Unless hidden very well.

Unless it is a federal offense to obstruct an airline security camera.

No pilot would dare mess with the FDR. Same thing.

Mojo31 05-18-22 01:42 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22511328)
Unions would never go for it, and honestly the FAA wouldn’t either. You would be surprised what the company can see real time without a video camera. The plane is talking to the company the whole time.

Whens the last time an airline operated by an American company had a flight crew do something like this? I can’t think of a single one, but I also only really study the crashes that were mechanical and relate to me.

Other countries needing a camera? Maybe. I have no idea what their standards are, the CRM training or anything . I will tell you with a very small exception, I wouldn’t put my family on a flight from another country.
British Airways, Air Lingus, Lustansfa, Quantas, Air Italia, KLM are some of the exceptions.
I’m sure there are a few more.

Agreed! Might add Emirates.

genejockey 05-18-22 01:42 PM

I just had to eat an apple the primitive way, instead of the civilized way - cut in half and core - because I've once again misplaced my pocketknife. How well the primitive method works seems entirely dependent on the size and texture of the apple, whereas the civilized method is almost apple-agnostic.

Time to order buy another pocketknife so I find the one I misplaced.

big john 05-18-22 01:43 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22511291)
Oh the last picture was a surprise I found when I got home. Any bigger I would have bought it a collar and named it Max.

Is that a Cicada?

bampilot06 05-18-22 01:44 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22511349)
Are the SRAM quick links *actually* one-time use? Shimano say that they're one-time, but that means the lifetime of one chain.


Trek told me one time. They took my chain off when I was in there and they grabbed a new quick link.


I wouldn’t want to test that theory with the massive amount of Watts I put out.

big john 05-18-22 01:44 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22511087)
Coincidentally, I've never been to Spain.

In Oklahoma, not Arizona, what does it matter?

DougRNS 05-18-22 01:45 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22511353)
Unless it is a federal offense to obstruct an airline security camera.

No pilot would dare mess with the FDR. Same thing.

I might be missing something but I thought we were talking about a pilot scuttling the plane. He wony face consequences for taping it. As BAM pointed out its not going to happen. Point is moot.

bampilot06 05-18-22 01:45 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22511353)
Unless it is a federal offense to obstruct an airline security camera.

No pilot would dare mess with the FDR. Same thing.

Lawyer.

bampilot06 05-18-22 01:47 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22511356)
Agreed! Might add Emirates.

I knew I missed one.

Mojo31 05-18-22 01:48 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22511349)
Are the SRAM quick links *actually* one-time use? Shimano say that they're one-time, but that means the lifetime of one chain.

I usually toss them when they do not solidly click in place or can be opened easily, especially if they can be opened by hand.

bampilot06 05-18-22 01:48 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22511363)
Point is mootS

Makes a great looking Bike.



Getting this thread back on track.

bampilot06 05-18-22 01:49 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22511369)
I usually toss them when they do not solidly click in place or can be opened easily, especially if they can be opened by hand.


:twitchy:

Mojo31 05-18-22 01:49 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22511361)
Trek told me one time. They took my chain off when I was in there and they grabbed a new quick link.


I wouldn’t want to test that theory with the massive amount of Watts I put out.

I don't have any worries.

Bah Humbug 05-18-22 01:49 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22511351)
When I had a larger firm and various employees, both professional and staff, I made it known that their computers belonged to the firm, and that while we wouldn't routinely do so, we had the right to access them at any time we wanted to. We also were pretty clear that all of their work product for the clients belonged to the firm and had to be maintained on the server, and that they could not create private data bases that we could not access, whether on our computers or their personal computers. We had to do that to protect the business and for professional liability purposes.

With that said, I've never installed any type of keystroke tracking or other spyware, and found it offensive to have surveillance cameras peering down on people.

Yep. I have no issue with them owning what they pay me to do, and I’m fastidious about backing things up onto company servers even just because I don’t want to lose work myself if my laptop dies. This training sid explicitly talk about keyloggers and such. Swimmer’s hair, don’t care, but I feel that as a salaried employee they should really care about my output, which my boss has never complained about.

I’ve never found that strict policies improved anything.

Oh and I have tape over the laptop’s webcam.

Mojo31 05-18-22 01:50 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22511363)
I might be missing something but I thought we were talking about a pilot scuttling the plane. He wony face consequences for taping it. As BAM pointed out its not going to happen. Point is moot.

He also would not tape it since he wouldn't give a sh*t.

Mojo31 05-18-22 01:51 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22511375)
Yep. I have no issue with them owning what they pay me to do, and I’m fastidious about backing things up onto company servers even just because I don’t want to lose work myself if my laptop dies. This training sid explicitly talk about keyloggers and such. Swimmer’s hair, don’t care, but I feel that as a salaried employee they should really care about my output, which my boss has never complained about.

I’ve never found that strict policies improved anything.

Oh and I have tape over the laptop’s webcam.

Me too!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.