Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Mojo31 12-03-21 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22327480)
Are you up to Tuesday's posts yet ls01 ?

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22327484)
Why bother, he won't read this until next week.

Which one of you wrote each of those posts?

genejockey 12-03-21 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22327528)
Which one of you wrote each of those posts?

If he starts calling himself "Precious", we'll know....

phrantic09 12-03-21 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22327569)
If he starts calling himself "Precious", we'll know....

I started rewatching those movies on the trainer this morning.

phrantic09 12-03-21 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22327495)
post your weight and body fat percentage, so we can judge you.

170, 9%

big john 12-03-21 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22327400)
maybe this guy is just further away?

Could be. Or the bike is so big it makes him look smaller.

genejockey 12-03-21 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22327621)
Could be. Or the bike is so big it makes him look smaller.

"Does this small block V8 make my ass look big?"

datlas 12-03-21 10:14 AM

I had a sad Chipotle experience yesterday. I got carry-out for me and mrs datlas. The bag was next to me in the car. When I got home, the bottom of the bag broke just as I was holding it over my lap in the car and all kinds of sofritas juice and the entire contents of the bag fell onto my lap. The actual meals stayed intact but obviously there was a bunch of leakage that I was not aware of. I ran inside and took a quick shower and then we ate.

Today, my car really smells like Chipotle. I will have to clean up the seats over the weekend.

The food still tasted good.

#schlemiel/schlemozzle
#RIPCarmine

big john 12-03-21 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22327629)
"Does this small block V8 make my ass look big?"

lol. In this case the big block makes his ass look small.

bampilot06 12-03-21 10:44 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...72b12ffeb.jpeg

Front tire got this today. Thankfully didnít go flat but not sure if itís safe to ride.

I have to say I am not a fan of this Bontrager R3 tires. Not very puncture resistant IMO.

bampilot06 12-03-21 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22327636)
I had a sad Chipotle experience yesterday. I got carry-out for me and mrs datlas. The bag was next to me in the car. When I got home, the bottom of the bag broke just as I was holding it over my lap in the car and all kinds of sofritas juice and the entire contents of the bag fell onto my lap. The actual meals stayed intact but obviously there was a bunch of leakage that I was not aware of. I ran inside and took a quick shower and then we ate.

Today, my car really smells like Chipotle. I will have to clean up the seats over the weekend.

#schlemiel/schlemozzle
#RIPCarmine

best to leave the window open in the rain. The mildew smell will mask the chitpole smell.

BillyD 12-03-21 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22327499)
Back in one of my college European history classes, we had to draw and label a map of Europe during exams.

Yikes!

big john 12-03-21 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22327636)

#schlemiel/schlemozzle
#RIPCarmine

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4174051d08.jpg

BillyD 12-03-21 10:59 AM

Sad.

WhyFi 12-03-21 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22327669)

There was some upheaval at the first audio shop that I worked at, and a new manager was brought in to run the store. He was a ******g pig, and his car looked similar to this. Out of the four doors, the driver's was the only one that could be opened without diet Pepsi bottles and food wrappers spilling out. Not surprisingly, he was a **** manager, too.

Mojo31 12-03-21 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22327451)
It's Friday? :bday:

Working all day tomorrow and the next day, so it is just a continuation of Monday for me.

Mojo31 12-03-21 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22327662)

Front tire got this today. Thankfully didnít go flat but not sure if itís safe to ride.

I have to say I am not a fan of this Bontrager R3 tires. Not very puncture resistant IMO.

Trouble seems to follow you.

Would you mind letting me know your flight schedule every few months so I can avoid yours?

:innocent:

Mojo31 12-03-21 11:46 AM

After the 2008 crash, there were a couple of houses in our neighborhood that were specs that the builders had a hard time selling. One of them was next door to ours.

Some guy found out about them, and would talk the builders into leasing them to him one-by-one. The guy would lease one, move in, and then never pay rent. He would just squat until the owner could get him out. When he was booted from the one next to us, every floor and countertop in the house looked like that car. Fast food bags and containers were a foot deep on the floors and counters. Sunny D and cheap wine bottles were another two foot deep everywhere you looked. He ended up doing that to three houses in our little neighborhood until people got wise.

Came to find out that the Sunny D bottles in that quantity are a sign of a meth addict. Seems that it help them recover after a bad binge.

I never met the guy, but saw him a few times. He was a really weird duck, but to see him you'd think he was just some rich weird dude. Both he and his partner drove $200k Mercedes.

seedsbelize2 12-03-21 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22327597)
I started rewatching those movies on the trainer this morning.

We've seen those movies dozens of times

genejockey 12-03-21 11:59 AM

And now I feel MUCH better about Mrs. GeneJockey's minivan, which tends to accumulate stuff, but not trash.

genejockey 12-03-21 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22327722)
After the 2008 crash, there were a couple of houses in our neighborhood that were specs that the builders had a hard time selling. One of them was next door to ours.

Some guy found out about them, and would talk the builders into leasing them to him one-by-one. The guy would lease one, move in, and then never pay rent. He would just squat until the owner could get him out. When he was booted from the one next to us, every floor and countertop in the house looked like that car. Fast food bags and containers were a foot deep on the floors and counters. Sunny D and cheap wine bottles were another two foot deep everywhere you looked. He ended up doing that to three houses in our little neighborhood until people got wise.

Came to find out that the Sunny D bottles in that quantity are a sign of a meth addict. Seems that it help them recover after a bad binge.

I never met the guy, but saw him a few times. He was a really weird duck, but to see him you'd think he was just some rich weird dude. Both he and his partner drove $200k Mercedes.

My crazy ex-boss apparently became a meth-head, at least for a while (lost track of him). His drink of choice was the Starbuck's Frappaccino. Meth was new-ish at the time and the signs weren't widely known, but death breath and a constant stream of Frappaccinos, combined with mood swings and grandiosity should have been a clue.

indyfabz 12-03-21 12:09 PM

This photo showed up as a Facebook memory. Crazy what some need to be told.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5d0882611.jpeg

Mojo31 12-03-21 12:37 PM

I was in a conference room in a courthouse outside of Fort Worth a couple of years ago. On the wall was a sign that said, "No feet on the wall." Duh!

ls01 12-03-21 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22327480)
Are you up to Tuesday's posts yet ls01 ?

no, I don't think so. It's been busy here today. The power actually went out today for a couple hours.
Edit: a small bus hit a utility pole and blew up a transformer.

ls01 12-03-21 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22327484)
Why bother, he won't read this until next week.

nope ,I'm reading it this week.

ls01 12-03-21 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22327662)

boot it, move it to the rear