Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Velo Vol 12-08-21 12:11 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333382)
Such a hostile place.

Speaking of which, the ATL. SMH. (language alert)


LAJ 12-08-21 12:19 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22333136)
I know I'm going to regret this but you are aware of warm clothing, right?

Yet there you are doing it anyway.

gnome 12-08-21 12:38 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333029)
Impossible to feel truly human unless it's at least 65F outside.

incorrect.

indyfabz 12-08-21 12:39 PM

l2plo

That was a first for me.

indyfabz 12-08-21 12:41 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22333216)
I meant to share this a couple weeks ago when somebody mentioned crows.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8a4292c840.jpg

Red-tails have a bad reputation and other birds won't tolerate them hanging around. There were 2 or 3 others in the chase that I couldn't get into the shot.

Know as "mobbing", correct?

ls01 12-08-21 12:52 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333266)
And there's the problem.

That point I will concede. It is a problem.

WhyFi 12-08-21 01:10 PM

Moderna #3 hasn't been bad for me, I'm dragging a little and have minor aches, but it's been a little less kind to my wife. That, of course, just shifts more responsibility on to my plate. Fun.

Sometimes, I think that it might be nice to be one laying on the couch, wind taken out of their sails and being tended to, but then I imagine my wife and kids, fumbling through my kitchen and cocking everything up. That makes me feel a little better about the situation.

MoAlpha 12-08-21 01:18 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333385)
Speaking of which, the ATL. SMH. (language alert)

People are just sick and tired of things not being exactly the way they desire. Who can blame them?

Mojo31 12-08-21 01:21 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22333201)
Daughter #1 is driving a used 2010 Corolla we bought last year. She called us the other day, frantic, that she lost her key and do we have a spare. It only came with the one key, sad. She finally found the key, but the experience made us consider buying a spare key. The Toyota dealer wants $200 for the key part plus $130 to program it. NFW. Will investigate big box hardware store options. I see the part can be bought online for about $25 but the programming part is way out of my knowledge zone.

A key for the Saturn is only $5. No programming needed. Harrumph. :50:

That's the going rate. Due to the chip shortage, you're lucky to find one.

BillyD 12-08-21 01:26 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22333292)
is that a murder of crows?


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22333428)
Know as "mobbing", correct?

Both correct.

This guy is getting a little carried away in the moment, got the nerve to pull out those cute little fingernails. :lol: That's like pulling out a knife against a guy with a sword.


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f80c91a6c0.jpg

Eric F 12-08-21 01:32 PM

https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/m...93ddb2460.jpeg

indyfabz 12-08-21 01:44 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22333201)
Daughter #1 is driving a used 2010 Corolla we bought last year. She called us the other day, frantic, that she lost her key and do we have a spare. It only came with the one key, sad. She finally found the key, but the experience made us consider buying a spare key. The Toyota dealer wants $200 for the key part plus $130 to program it. NFW. Will investigate big box hardware store options. I see the part can be bought online for about $25 but the programming part is way out of my knowledge zone.

A key for the Saturn is only $5. No programming needed. Harrumph. :50:

Way back in 2001 I was on a long bike weekend out of Port Jervis, NY, staying at the Eddy Farm Resort. I locked my standard keys in my car and had to call a locksmith for an emergency visit on a Sunday. We got to talking. Local guy who had become a locksmith by answering an ad in "Popular Mechanics." I think I paid him something like $45. He told me his big charge was for programmable keys. The area is big for tubing, canoeing, etc. It was not rare for people to lose their keys in the water. He charged over $100 back then for a programmable key. In fact, that was his next call after me. In his defense, he did have to front the money for the equipment. You're stuck away from home and tired after a day on the river, possibly with tired kids. You don't really have a choice.

genejockey 12-08-21 01:47 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22333093)
Benson disagrees.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2eae6f23a6.png
From the archives. We only got a dusting today.

Benson feels human?

Velo Vol 12-08-21 01:51 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22333473)
People are just sick and tired of things not being exactly the way they desire. Who can blame them?

Should I start yelling at/hitting people and throwing things?

genejockey 12-08-21 01:52 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333524)
Should I start yelling at/hitting people and throwing things?

Try it! Let us know how it goes.

phrantic09 12-08-21 02:04 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22333463)
Moderna #3 hasn't been bad for me, I'm dragging a little and have minor aches, but it's been a little less kind to my wife. That, of course, just shifts more responsibility on to my plate. Fun.

Sometimes, I think that it might be nice to be one laying on the couch, wind taken out of their sails and being tended to, but then I imagine my wife and kids, fumbling through my kitchen and cocking everything up. That makes me feel a little better about the situation.

Glad to hear you arenít knocked on your ass completely.

rjones28 12-08-21 02:04 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22333516)
Benson feels human?

Who can say? But she definitely doesn't feel less than during the Winter months.

rjones28 12-08-21 02:05 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22333548)
Who can say? But she definitely doesn't feel less than during the Winter months.

She doesn't even need extra layers.

big john 12-08-21 02:09 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22333392)
Yet there you are doing it anyway.

ikr? Sometimes I just can't help myself.

BillyD 12-08-21 02:10 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22333524)
Should I start yelling at/hitting people and throwing things?

Yes. Yes indeed. Please have someone take photos. :innocent:

genejockey 12-08-21 02:16 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22333569)
Yes. Yes indeed. Please have someone take photos. :innocent:

As I understand it, doing this on airplanes is all the rage these says. Accent on "rage".

LAJ 12-08-21 02:21 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22333565)
ikr? Sometimes I just can't help myself.

:lol: Yep. We're all guilty.

DougRNS 12-08-21 02:24 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22333322)
I like living in the past. It is/was much cheaper.


WhyFi 12-08-21 02:25 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22333544)
Glad to hear you arenít knocked on your ass completely.

I just shoveled the nuisance snow from the sidewalk, which is pretty light work. Yeah, that let me know that skipping the fake ride today was a good idea. Maybe tomorrow.

phrantic09 12-08-21 02:32 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22333592)
I just shoveled the nuisance snow from the sidewalk, which is pretty light work. Yeah, that let me know that skipping the fake ride today was a good idea. Maybe tomorrow.

I was truly surprised at how hard it hit. Fever, hurt all over, could not get comfortable no matter what I did. I ended up sleeping until 8 today, which is at least 3 hours later than usual.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.