Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Trsnrtr 10-03-21 07:46 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255643)
No bike was needed. I know what my bike looks like, and it would mess up the picture.

Personally, I think a bike would help the pic but I like bikes more than drab institutional buildings.

DougRNS 10-03-21 07:50 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255723)
It was a quick snap taken during a ride. It's not meant to use on a brochure. :rolleyes:

I guess that lengthy list of things you can't do in addition to wrapping handlebars also includes photography.
#TheMoreYouKnow

rjones28 10-03-21 07:55 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255755)
I wanted to see the dairy, not the bike. Maybe mix in a few cows.

No cows at the milk processing plant.

Velo Vol 10-03-21 08:03 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22255768)
Personally, I think a bike would help the pic but I like bikes more than drab institutional buildings.

He posted a picture of the mismatched-wheeled bike not long ago.

Redundant information.

rjones28 10-03-21 08:08 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255784)
He posted a picture of the mismatched-wheeled bike not long ago.

Redundant information.

I'll post a picture of a bike with wheels that match next time.

LAJ 10-03-21 08:11 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255763)

I didn't see those in the picture.

Velo Vol 10-03-21 08:15 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22255790)
I'll post a picture of a bike with wheels that match next time.

Human-powered road bikes only, please.

rjones28 10-03-21 08:22 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255798)
Human-powered road bikes only, please.

We'll see about that.

WhyFi 10-03-21 08:24 PM

Long day for the group destination ride, but fun. Gearing could have been better - I had to stand most of each climb - but it wasn't horrible. I also made it across all four stream crossings without falling or putting a foot down in the water, so that was nice, too. Oh, and we met a barn kitten at the pizza farm -

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b8ceeea64a.jpg

Velo Vol 10-03-21 08:49 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22255203)
Map of the day.

Nope, this is.

wut


genejockey 10-03-21 09:02 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255833)

Why, oh why, would you do half hour time zones?

rjones28 10-03-21 09:03 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255833)

So bossy.

Velo Vol 10-03-21 09:08 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22255806)
Long day for the group destination ride, but fun. Gearing could have been better - I had to stand most of each climb - but it wasn't horrible. I also made it across all four stream crossings without falling or putting a foot down in the water, so that was nice, too. Oh, and we met a barn kitten at the pizza farm -

:foo:


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22255842)
Why, oh why, would you do half hour time zones?

Or move your clocks back when you go east?

Velo Vol 10-03-21 09:12 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22255802)
We'll see about that.

There are separate forums for eBikes and fat bikes.

WhyFi 10-03-21 09:27 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255856)
:foo:

You know - proper road cycling.

https://media.giphy.com/media/DAsVJz...ized-large.gif

rjones28 10-03-21 09:32 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255862)
There are separate forums for eBikes and fat bikes.

You should tweet about it.

LesterOfPuppets 10-03-21 10:05 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255862)
There are separate forums for eBikes and fat bikes.

I thought this thread was for fat ebikes primarily.

genejockey 10-03-21 10:15 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255856)
Or move your clocks back when you go east?

No, that makes sense. We started out before Standard Time with Noon being whenever the sun was directly over head where you were so "Noon" would not be at the same instant across any city of reasonable size.. It was hard enough to get people to agree to it being "noon" at the same time across ~900 miles.

LesterOfPuppets 10-03-21 10:27 PM

I'm happy to report I made it up the local hill tonight in 39x23, and didn't even puke.

LesterOfPuppets 10-04-21 12:58 AM

ATTN: DougRNS

Pickle and mustard sandwich upgrade.


ls01 10-04-21 04:01 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22255901)
I'm happy to report I made it up the local hill tonight in 39x23, and didn't even puke.

Better luck next time.

ls01 10-04-21 04:03 AM

I got as far as doing all the updates on the laptop top and then updating zwift yesterday. This where I stopped. Maybe I'll zwift today. Supposed to rain most of the day here.

Velo Vol 10-04-21 04:27 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22255873)


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22255898)
No, that makes sense. We started out before Standard Time with Noon being whenever the sun was directly over head where you were so "Noon" would not be at the same instant across any city of reasonable size.. It was hard enough to get people to agree to it being "noon" at the same time across ~900 miles.

No.

datlas 10-04-21 04:49 AM

Why is it still dark out?

#Fall

Velo Vol 10-04-21 05:03 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22255876)
You should tweet about it.

You can learn a lot on Twitter.


Shouldn't Taco Day be on Tuesday, though?

indyfabz 10-04-21 05:55 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22255992)
Why is it still dark out?

#Fall

I need to start setting my alarm. Slept until 7 this morning. Being cloudy didnít help.

Trsnrtr 10-04-21 06:01 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22256037)
I need to start setting my alarm. Slept until 7 this morning. Being cloudy didnít help.

I overslept this morning, also. Darkness.

datlas 10-04-21 06:01 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22256037)
I need to start setting my alarm. Slept until 7 this morning. Being cloudy didnít help.

The cat gets me up most mornings. She has been sleeping with us since Heidi moved out. She knows to stay on my side of the bed and leave mrs datlas alone, so it's working out well.

WhyFi 10-04-21 06:13 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22255983)
No.

Ha! With that multi-quote error, it almost looks like you're disapproving of the keen cycling in my gif! :lol:

WhyFi 10-04-21 06:21 AM

I woke up "late" at 7am, too, being tired from yesterday.

Also woke with a sore shoulder from a tumble yesterday. No, not while riding, but while playing soccer with my kids afterwords. At least I didn't break my collarbone - that might have been ironic, but I'd have to refer to Alanis to be sure.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.