Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

WhyFi 08-15-22 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22610677)
Does anybody use the calibrate prompt under the power meter settings on the garmin?

I don't think that I've ever used it - my PM does the auto zero.

Bah Humbug 08-15-22 08:42 AM

So I was never able to calibrate my stages power meter. Always showed up an error code when I would try. Didn’t seem like a big deal because the power was very similar to the madone.

Today I was doing another zone 2 ride, but was not looking at my power. Goal was to keep the HR under 140, trying to keep about a 125 average. At mile 20 I happened to look at my power numbers and it was showing an average power of 190. That seemed really high for the speed I was cruising at, so I started watching it. I know from past experience that 170 watts will give me about 140 hr, well today at 264 watts I was only showing 130 hr, and on top of that my speed was 16 mph on flat ground.

Took me a few tries but was finally able to recalibrate at mile 30. The rest of the ride appeared normal.

Does anybody use the calibrate prompt under the power meter settings on the garmin?

Usually every ride. Or, did. It never showed a ton of difference.

big john 08-15-22 09:17 AM

Someone posted a clue to today's Wordle on FB. Wish I hadn't seen it but I guessed the word.

Mojo31 08-15-22 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22610808)
Someone posted a clue to today's Wordle on FB. Wish I hadn't seen it but I guessed the word.

There is no sanctity in anything anymore.

mvnsnd 08-15-22 09:34 AM

So I was never able to calibrate my stages power meter. Always showed up an error code when I would try. Didn’t seem like a big deal because the power was very similar to the madone.

Today I was doing another zone 2 ride, but was not looking at my power. Goal was to keep the HR under 140, trying to keep about a 125 average. At mile 20 I happened to look at my power numbers and it was showing an average power of 190. That seemed really high for the speed I was cruising at, so I started watching it. I know from past experience that 170 watts will give me about 140 hr, well today at 264 watts I was only showing 130 hr, and on top of that my speed was 16 mph on flat ground.

Took me a few tries but was finally able to recalibrate at mile 30. The rest of the ride appeared normal.

I have it set up to prompt to calibrate before every ride. So, yes.

WhyFi 08-15-22 09:47 AM

Sweet - Wahoo replaced my Speedplays, which had developed a mm or two of lateral play, and just gave me a new retail pedal packaging, including cleats (I kept my cleats on my shoes, obv). The cleats will save me 50 bucks down the line, sometime.

bampilot06 08-15-22 09:49 AM

this is why I don’t have facebook or wordle

bampilot06 08-15-22 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22610847)
Sweet - Wahoo replaced my Speedplays, which had developed a mm or two of lateral play, and just gave me a new retail pedal packaging, including cleats (I kept my cleats on my shoes, obv). The cleats will save me 50 bucks down the line, sometime.

did you have to send the old ones back?

bampilot06 08-15-22 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by mvnsnd (Post 22610836)
I have it set up to prompt to calibrate before every ride. So, yes.

Ooops, 5,000 miles on the madone and I only did it once…….

WhyFi 08-15-22 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22610854)
did you have to send the old ones back?

Pedals? Yes.

big john 08-15-22 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22610851)
this is why I don’t have facebook or wordle

lol

Bah Humbug 08-15-22 10:41 AM

The socials are evil.

genejockey 08-15-22 11:23 AM

A logical progression, but not especially quick.

Wordle 422 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 08-15-22 11:59 AM

I never posted this before because I avoid A&S stories like the plague. But, I was hit a few weeks ago while riding on a local 55 mph county highway with a 6' paved shoulder. According to a witness, I was so far tho the right of the paved shoulder that I was barely on the pavement. The mirror of a pickup hit my left shoulder blade and catapulted me into the ditch. The driver didn't stop and the witness couldn't get the plate number.

Anyway, bike is fine and I'm ok except that I have a slight pain in my left shoulder where I was hit when I get tired like over 40 miles.

Be safe out there.

datlas 08-15-22 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22611055)
I never posted this before because I avoid A&S stories like the plague. But, I was hit a few weeks ago while riding on a local 55 mph county highway with a 6' paved shoulder. According to a witness, I was so far tho the right of the paved shoulder that I was barely on the pavement. The mirror of a pickup hit my left shoulder blade and catapulted me into the ditch. The driver didn't stop and the witness couldn't get the plate number.

Anyway, bike is fine and I'm ok except that I have a slight pain in my left shoulder where I was hit when I get tired like over 40 miles.

Be safe out there.

Ugh sorry to hear. Heal up ASAP.

WhyFi 08-15-22 12:03 PM

Be safe out there.

:mad:

ls01 08-15-22 12:04 PM

With motor vehicle operators. It always makes me wonder why none of them can remember they have a brake pedal....

genejockey 08-15-22 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22611066)

Concur.

ls01 08-15-22 12:10 PM

Be safe out there.

dagnabit! I'd say to be careful but there's no way to prevent that kind of hit. It does appear to be heightened lately.

Mojo31 08-15-22 12:12 PM

Be safe out there.

:mad::mad:

rjones28 08-15-22 12:12 PM

Be safe out there.

Ouch. Glad you're okay. Hope the shoulder heals well.

datlas 08-15-22 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22610929)
The socials are evil.

Correct. The closest things I have to socials are Strava and Addiction.

Bah Humbug 08-15-22 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22611066)

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22611082)
:mad::mad:

:mad::mad::mad:

Mojo31 08-15-22 12:53 PM

I have a FB account that I used to use when I employed people. I wanted to see what kind of person they were outside the interview and workplace. That was when FB was "the thing" and before all the old people adopted it. Now the only thing I do on it is follow the local Porsche club events and a DFW cycling group. I have two "friends" - my wife and daughter.

Used to have an Instagram page when I was more engaged in photography. That recently ended when I kept getting messages that it could not confirm that I am over age 12, and it shut down my account.

big john 08-15-22 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by bah humbug (Post 22611122)
:mad::mad::mad:

+1