Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

indyfabz 06-26-20 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21554488)

​​​​Getting the band back together. :)

Weíll never get Matt Guitar Murphy and Mr. Fabulous out of them high-paying gigs.

LAJ 06-26-20 10:34 AM

I installed brakes (breaks) on Matt Guitar Murphy's one ton Dodge van, and I think it was before I was 40. He and his nephew Lloyd were cool cats. I had him sign a warranty card for me, and I wish I knew what I did with it.

indyfabz 06-26-20 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21554451)

Today is my first day of vacation in a LONG time (since November), I was originally going to have the whole week off for a Spain trip but things changed

They certainly did. Today would have been the penultimate day in Montana, with a climb over a cool, partially unpaved pass with a nice waterfall on the descent.

I still have over 5 weeks of vacation coming to me. If the weather is ok I may try a three-day to NJ starting Wednesday. Got to check for available sites because the state park campgrounds are only running at 50% capacity.

LAJ 06-26-20 10:56 AM

MyProtein deals again. I like The Whey, and only get while on special, which it is. There are others in the mix too.

https://us.myprotein.com/us-offers/f...t?pageNumber=1

MoAlpha 06-26-20 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Gator (Post 21554615)
No clue. Havenít had anything traumatic happen in recent memory. Started having shoulder pain in March and attributed it to the working from home adjustment. It got bad enough last week that I went to the ER and they did an MRI.

The pain comes and goes but I meet with an orthopedic next week to find out what the long-term deal is. In the mean time I bought one of those hanging upside down tables which actually helps a bit.

Cervical traction is effective for nerve root compression. The seated position, over-the-door, apparatus with the water bag is more effecting than just using the weight of your head, however.

I have a C5-6 fusion and prosthetic discs above and below, installed after I went all numb and tingly from the neck down one night. :)

MoAlpha 06-26-20 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21554675)
MyProtein deals again. I like The Whey, and only get while on special, which it is. There are others in the mix too.

I've still got, like, 3 kg left from the last one. Different flavor next time.

BillyD 06-26-20 11:16 AM

No clue. Havenít had anything traumatic happen in recent memory. Started having shoulder pain in March and attributed it to the working from home adjustment. It got bad enough last week that I went to the ER and they did an MRI.

The pain comes and goes but I meet with an orthopedic next week to find out what the long-term deal is. In the mean time I bought one of those hanging upside down tables which actually helps a bit.

Wow, good luck with it. Been there, still there. First thing in the morning if I drop something it will stay there for a couple hours until I can bend over without my back seizing up . . . or unless my loving wife is around to help out.

Velo Gator 06-26-20 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21554702)
Wow, good luck with it. Been there, still there. First thing in the morning if I drop something it will stay there for a couple hours until I can bend over without my back seizing up . . . or unless my loving wife is around to help out.

PCad would have told us to HTFU. And called me toots while he was at it.

BillyD 06-26-20 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21554622)
I'd love to be 40 again. Some people would love to be 60 again. You know who you are...

:innocent:

datlas 06-26-20 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Gator (Post 21554703)

Prolly

big john 06-26-20 11:26 AM

A friend is a practitioner of spinal decompression. Kinda like traction but the machine pulls intermittently. Several sessions per week for some patients and he claims to have got people out of wheelchairs.

BillyD 06-26-20 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Gator (Post 21554703)

I know, right! He was one of a kind.

gsteinb 06-26-20 11:28 AM

I got my Cat 1 upgrade at 45. I won the overall in a hill climb last year at 52. Plenty of years left for everyone at any age to push themselves.

BillyD 06-26-20 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by gsteinb (Post 21554731)
I got my Cat 1 upgrade at 45. I won the overall in a hill climb last year at 52. Plenty of years left for everyone at any age to push themselves.

Absolutely.

Trsnrtr 06-26-20 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21554707)
:innocent:

Ignore him, Billy.

seedsbelize 06-26-20 12:35 PM

I was still a newlywed at 40. One year married. My wife had a good job, for the first time, and I was just moving into farming and sawyering for a living. Those next five or six years were the hardest I've ever worked. Hard, physical labor on a daily basis, and long hours. Very satisfying, if money wasn't the object.

seedsbelize 06-26-20 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21554675)

I do one or two 24 gram doses of ON whey powder daily. Clearly it's not enough protein. I will make a point of consuming more protein in other forms.

indyfabz 06-26-20 01:42 PM

One of my cat sitters is coming at 5 to trim buddyís nails. I donít have the nerve to try.

Bah Humbug 06-26-20 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21554961)
One of my cat sitters is coming at 5 to trim buddyís nails. I donít have the nerve to try.

I hd to do my boyís one paw at a time, while he was drowsy, about once per week. By the time he woke up enough to resist I had finished one and could let him stalk off and sulk.

datlas 06-26-20 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21554961)

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21554970)
I hd to do my boyís one paw at a time, while he was drowsy, about once per week. By the time he woke up enough to resist I had finished one and could let him stalk off and sulk.

Jackie HATES getting her nails trimmed. Itís quite a struggle. Agree best to try when the cat is sleepy.

WhyFi 06-26-20 02:13 PM

Wheels finally in-hand. :bday:

Bah Humbug 06-26-20 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21555011)

Iím sorry to hear your camera is broken.

WhyFi 06-26-20 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21555015)
Iím sorry to hear your camera is broken.

Lol. Swapping out right now. Rear tire mounted and seated suuuuuper easy. Easier than I've experienced. In fairness, these were tires that were previously mounted, not new out of the box, so grain of salt, yadda, yadda.

bampilot06 06-26-20 02:48 PM

:)

datlas 06-26-20 02:48 PM

poidh