Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Velo Vol 07-20-20 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21598335)
First it was Covid lockdowns, then closings for riots then general incompetency but I paid for the frame and I hope it will arrive without much more delay.

wut closed for the riots?

Velo Vol 07-20-20 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21598308)
Sure wish I had a recording of my epic MTB crash today.

Dangerous. Avoid.

Velo Vol 07-20-20 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21598335)
In conclusion: SMFH

Correct.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...63195d048f.png

rjones28 07-20-20 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21598438)
I'm thinking of having night coffee, since the little lady ordered some flan for dessert.

I had a little riesling with my chocolate cookie treat.

abshipp 07-20-20 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21598336)
Stop minimizing and give us the butcher’s bill.

It's looking like I'm going to be rocking a pretty sweet bruise just above the right knee for a while.

abshipp 07-20-20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21598360)
Ah. I was 10 or so. Went off-road on to the grass and down a hill. Front tire stuck in an unseen hump and I went Superman. Rode home one-handed, about 3 miles. Tried to hide it from my mom, but started crying when she yelled at me to clean my room. "I can't clean my room!" "Why not?!" "Because I can't move my arm," as I demonstrated it flopping around. :lol:

:lol:

I only made it another mile or so before I realized that something was wrong. Thankfully no surgery, but it is noticeably crooked now.

abshipp 07-20-20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21598454)
Dangerous.

Apparently!

Pirkaus 07-21-20 03:37 AM

In my yute I had a high speed collision skidding my bike down a hill and broke my arm. Walked with my friend to his house, it was closest. His mom is freaking out, calls my mom to ask what to do. My mom says "have him walk home, he didn't break his leg", walked home 2 city blocks. Growing up the child of an ER nurse was full of fun moments like this. :love::lol:

phrantic09 07-21-20 05:22 AM

So... we didn’t get the house. Someone came in with the same offer amount as us, but all cash. What’s interesting is that they only saw the house via FaceTime so there’s potential that they’ll change their mind about the house (but I doubt it).

But.... There’s a house around the corner from where we rent that we always admire when we walk the dogs. Great lot, we’ll maintained etc. Last night when walking the dogs, they had a FSBO sign in the yard. Mrs. H stops and starts talking to them, and they invite her inside to see the house. I take the kids and dogs home and go back a little later.

The house is incredible, nicer inside than I even expected. The husband, wife and I talked for about 40 minutes about the house and come to an agreement on sale price verbally. My agent is getting them the contract this morning and all we have left after that are attorney approvals and we should be closed by mid-August.

phrantic09 07-21-20 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21598454)
Dangerous. Avoid.

My wife forbids me to get a MTB because there’s a high degree of likelihood I’ll kill myself on one.

It’s too bad because we have a great trail system that you can ride to from any house in this neighborhood.

indyfabz 07-21-20 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Pirkaus (Post 21598714)
In my yute I had a high speed collision skidding my bike down a hill and broke my arm. Walked with my friend to his house, it was closest. His mom is freaking out, calls my mom to ask what to do. My mom says "have him walk home, he didn't break his leg", walked home 2 city blocks. Growing up the child of an ER nurse was full of fun moments like this. :love::lol:

In my yute I was riding my skateboard and collided with Joanna, who was riding her bike. I broke both bones of my left forearm. They were pushing on the skin. We happened to be a few houses away from her boyfriend's house. His mom drive me to my house and eventually to the hospital because I was having trouble getting out of the car.

WhyFi 07-21-20 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21598774)
So... we didn’t get the house. Someone came in with the same offer amount as us, but all cash. What’s interesting is that they only saw the house via FaceTime so there’s potential that they’ll change their mind about the house (but I doubt it).

But.... There’s a house around the corner from where we rent that we always admire when we walk the dogs. Great lot, we’ll maintained etc. Last night when walking the dogs, they had a FSBO sign in the yard. Mrs. H stops and starts talking to them, and they invite her inside to see the house. I take the kids and dogs home and go back a little later.

The house is incredible, nicer inside than I even expected. The husband, wife and I talked for about 40 minutes about the house and come to an agreement on sale price verbally. My agent is getting them the contract this morning and all we have left after that are attorney approvals and we should be closed by mid-August.

Fingers crossed! Let us know how it progresses.

Velo Vol 07-21-20 05:44 AM

Do the dogs like it?

Velo Vol 07-21-20 05:45 AM

The alarm crows were happy this morning.

abshipp 07-21-20 05:58 AM

That's friggin awesome :thumb:

rjones28 07-21-20 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21598389)
Haven't had coffee since 2pm. Looking forward to tomorrow morning.

Coffee. :)

WhyFi 07-21-20 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21598821)

Me too. :beer:

phrantic09 07-21-20 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21598800)
Do the dogs like it?

i think so

WhyFi 07-21-20 06:19 AM

Oh, and I woke to cloudy skies and imminent rain (hourly forecast of 80% chance from 5am through noon). I thought that it might hold off long enough, so I hurried out. Light sprinkles for about 5 minutes of the ride, but that was the extent of it and it's now raining in earnest. It's nice to squeeze in a ride on days like these. :D

phrantic09 07-21-20 06:25 AM

Great start to the day. 1 hour and counting. 4 open presentations, probably something like 10 excel sheets and a partridge in a pear tree.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c18e77f25.jpeg

abshipp 07-21-20 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21598839)
Great start to the day. 1 hour and counting. 4 open presentations, probably something like 10 excel sheets and a partridge in a pear tree.

At least your computer is saying that it's all your company's fault :lol:

phrantic09 07-21-20 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21598850)
At least your computer is saying that it's all your company's fault :lol:

I especially like the “this will take a while”

Velo Vol 07-21-20 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21598821)

Two cups of water and prednisone. #MorningRituals

BillyD 07-21-20 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21598436)
I haven't had coffee in years. No interest in having any tomorrow morning.

Hmmmmm. That answers some questions.

BillyD 07-21-20 07:18 AM

Yet more evidence of the adage ‘when one door closes another door opens’.

So where are the owners relocating, sunbelt?